Frequent Cowashers/Washers-How do you style? Share ideas pics:)

Rocky91

NYE side boob.
Frequent Cowashers/Washers-How do you style? Share ideas and pics:)

If you cowash/wash frequently, how do you style your hair?
I'm looking for ideas, as i've been cowashing and bunning.
Natural, relaxed, texlaxed, transitioning, heat trained....did i get everyone?:look:
Come in and share, and if you have pics, please post them!
Hopefully this thread can be used as a resource for those of us who'd like to reap the benefits of cowashing/washing often, but are kinda stumped on the styling part.

I'm looking for these answers:
How often do you cowash? If you wanna state products, that's cool.
What's your hair status? Natural, relaxed, hair type, whatever you use to describe it.
What are the styles you do? Please describe them. Pictures?

Last edited:

Rocky91

NYE side boob.
Oh, and i'm calling out those in the cowashing challenge!! you guys probably have this down to a science so, please share.

faithVA

I haven't been cowashing long so I don't have any pictures.

My hair is between EL and NL. I cowash at night. Sometimes I cowash every other day but sometimes I cowash every day.

Today I have finger coils. Last week i wore a puff all week. If I can finish early, I put in twists and wear a twist out. Sometimes I put in flat twists. They usually don't look that great.

As my hair hydrates more, I will probably do more twist outs. My hair isn't long enough to do a bun. And WNGs are just afros for me.

HairPleezeGrow

Natural.MediumFine.3c.
WnGs or puffs when I have the time. I cowash at night mainly and maybe 4-5 times a week (sometimes I forget to post shhhh!) unless Im in a PS I only cowash maybe once or twice a week. Pic of a cowash in my siggy no pics of puff unfortunately. I use aussie moist 3 min, suave almond, and Wen. Will post pics later they on my phone.

ETA- I also use Organix

Nix08

Relaxed, 4B
Here are a few...I'm relaxed, cowash daily, bantu knot or loose bun overnight once my hair is dry to about 85% dry.
IMG_00000061_2.jpg

IMG-20120314-00351.jpg

IMG-20120628-00949.jpg

whiteoleander91

stay at your best ♥
Re: Frequent Cowashers/Washers-How do you style? Share ideas and pics:)

How often do you cowash? Every day. and -disclaimer- I know I've said I was going back to being cone-free lol but I can't help myself! I think the dryness I had been experiencing was from the water being way too hot. My hair is very moisturized and soft now.

I start off with Aussie Moist 3 Min Miracle to detangle, rinse, then follow up with Infusium 23 (Moisture Replinisher and the Renew and Repair...I alternate if I feel I need more protein or more moisture).. I don't rub the condish on my scalp b/c it irritates it...so I guess it isn't a cowash exactly. I just apply the condish onto the length my hair making sure to add extra to my ends and nape. Rinse with water that is just slightly above lukewarm temp. Cold water rinse= no bueno lol

What's your hair status? Natural
What are the styles you do? WnGs, half up half down, buns...that's about it lol

pitchas

I use Eco Styler gel (Blue or Pink, mostly Blue) paired with Worlds of Curls curl activator gel. Sometimes I add Organix Coconut Milk Serum on top. I don't do sections, I just rake the gel through.

prettynatural

Think, Do, Be
I have been a 5-6 days per week co washer for about one month now. I have notice many benefits such as less shedding and breakage along with softness. My hair is between bsb and mbl length. I am style challenge so, i do low buns and pull backs(my hair dont puff anymore). After my co wash, i dont use any products and if i do, they are water based.

May add photos later.
ETA:
Today's Hair 07/10

Puff- My hair droops down due to it being fine and longer w/Cantu Strengthening Creme.

My co-washed hair with no products. Gel on the side burns only

Side view of naked co-washed hair

Last edited:

Ogoma

Co-wash in the morning most weekdays. Styles: WnG, buns, puffs, headbands, and similar simple styles. I would like to do more complex things, but I don't have the skills.

MrsJaiDiva

Embracing the Light
I cowash prolly 2-5 days out the week. I use cleansing conditioners (Wen, Ren, Deva-Curl No Poo, HQS), then run some coconut & castor oil mix on my hair & scalp. I then scrunch in some Tresseme Naturals, and some curl cream. I'm only rocking WnG's right now. Probably go back to braid outs, and twist outs in the winter.

JBunnie

How often do you cowash? If you wanna state products, that's cool.
1-2 times a week. I detangle with rosemary infused coconut oil. I'm still trying to figure out what condish I want to use on the regular. (so far I've used Giovanni Smooth as Silk and Aussie Moist. I still have a bottle of Neutrogena Triple Moisture Daily Deep Conditioner to try and I want to try the Curl Junkie Cleansing Condish and Giovanni 2chic Condish. Giovanni SAS is my fave of the 2 of I've used. I have a HUGE bottle of Moist that I have to finish though. The cones in Moist don't seem to be a problem for me as long as I cowash once in a week. If I do it twice my hair feels coated) I divide each of my 4 sections into 2 smaller sections, add KCNT mixed with some Aloe Vera Juice as my leave in and seal with pure Argan Oil. I'm still testing out stylers so I have no definite one to share. Once my hair is dry I seal the ends again with Argan Oil
What's your hair status? Natural, relaxed, hair type, whatever you use to describe it.
Natural with heat damage 3b/a some wavy/straight pieces due to the heat damage.
I just let it dry and usually put a head band on since the front falls funny due to the heat damage. Sometimes I pin back the front or make a small hump in the front. If I find that my hair is getting frizzy I do a curly ponytail/topknot

KurlyNinja

@KurlyNinja, now you know we want you to share your science! :grin:

JBunnie

Well, I start off on which way I want to wear my hair. I usually wear a middle part of my WnGs, so that direction I want to keep my hair during most of process. When I wash my hair, I wash with a middle part and I smooth the hair downward. The shower head also helps to smooth my hair down as well. I then do an aloe rinse and detangle by pulling out shed hair with my fingers or if its a serious detangling issue, I pull out my tangle teaser. Then I wring out my hair by pulling it into a low pony tail.

Then after I get out the shower, I smooth deep conditioner in my hair (Giovanni Deeper Moisture Conditioner) and then put my hair back into the low pony tail and let my hair dry a little while I get dressed. Then after I seal with castor oil. Then I once again put it back in a low pony tail for a while (usually while I eat breakfast). Then I smooth/rake in flaxseed gel. I put it in a low pony once again until I get to work. Then I take it down at work. My hair is usually not dry until midday sometime.

Pineapple or braid into four celie braids at night and fluff in the morning. I usually don't wash again for another 3-4 days.

greenandchic

How often do you cowash?
About every 3 days these days.

If you wanna state products, that's cool.
Conditioners:
Tresemme Naturals
Yes To Carrots
Trader Joe's Tree Tea Tingle

Cleansing Conditioners:
Curl Junkie Daily Fix
Diva Curl No Poo
L'Oreal EverCreme Cleansing Conditioner

What's your hair status?

Natural

I wash at night and put in a several large twists over night. These days I wear my hair in a bun for protection from the weather. If its not in a bun, its in a semi-protective style, updo, etc.

I use either Yes To Carrots or L'Oreal EverCreme Conditioner (not the cleansing one) as a leave in. I use whatever oil I think my hair needs to seal and a butter on the ends.

Last edited:

bronzephoenix

How often do you cowash?
• Anywhere between 4-7 days per week.
But I make sure to soak my hair with water daily.
Right now I'm loving Everyday Shea Vanilla mint & SM Black Soap Balancing conditioners, KCCC, Giovanni direct, olive oil, and flaxseed gel.

What's your hair status?
•All natural, Kinky/curly TWA

What are the styles you do?
•wash & go's, finger coils

Pictures?

image-660431689.jpg

image-3390230172.jpg

image-3124057114.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

girlonfire

How often do you cowash?
Right now I'm loving Everyday Shea Vanilla mint & SM Black Soap Balancing conditioners, KCCC, Giovanni direct, olive oil, and flaxseed gel.

What's your hair status?

Pictures?

You are so beautiful :)

krissyhair

How often do you cowash?

What's your hair status?

Pictures?

Awesome pictures