Do any of you use conditioners as a daily moisturizer? If so, which ones?

Forbidden

anky said:
Why, yes! I use my Suave conditioners as moisturizers. My hair always smells yummy this way. Suave needs to make a chocolate conditoner to accompany their chocolate scented body wash.

I agree!! I saw that Suave chocolate body wash in Wal-Mart for $1.96 along with the other limited edition body washes. I was tempted to grab one of each, but I don't need anything else to cleanse my body...I'm trying to use up this big ol' thing of liquid black soap...okay this was so OT :look:

LovelyLionessa

PryncessLana said:
I agree!! I saw that Suave chocolate body wash in Wal-Mart for $1.96 along with the other limited edition body washes. I was tempted to grab one of each, but I don't need anything else to cleanse my body...I'm trying to use up this big ol' thing of liquid black soap...okay this was so OT :look:

Naw, you and Ankers are right, that Suave limited edition body wash was amaaaazing. I used it last year, are they bringing it back? They totally need to make a conditioner that smells like that. :yep:

Okay, back to conditioners as moisturizers. Suave Milk & Honey works well as a leave-in and Proclaim Aloe & Shea Butter Conditioner does too (although it does contain mineral oil.) :look:

LovelyLionessa

Hareitiz said:
Sometimes I will use Giovanni Direct-Leave in Conditioner as a moisturizer.

Thanks for the tip, Hareitiz. I have this, but I feel I have the products I need for damp post wash hair. I had avoided using it on dry hair because I heard some mixed reviews on using it that way. But after reading this thread, I put a dab on dry hair and liked it. I'm going to continue experimenting with this on dry hair. :scratchch

JustKiya

HoneyDew said:
:lol:

I think that is what I might do. There's something in that product that really gets moisture to my hair w/o greasiness. I think there was a thread once on what ingredients besides water are humectants. My moisturizers based with oils, cones, or mineral oil are not giving me the same effect.

Water, Honey, Glycerin, Aloe Vera Gel.... *thinks* I think that's all the humectants that I can think of off the top of my head - I don't know ANY of the chemical ones...

If you find that thread, bump it, wouldja? I'd love to know....

DahomeyAhosi

I used to use a mixture with suave milk and honey but I stopped because I realized the moisturizing effects lasted only a short time. I guess that's good because now the ingredients have changed.

star

I am using Profectiv as leave-in but it really is not one. I do need a good non-water leave-in that will not make my hair frizz.

HoneyDew

star said:
I am using Profectiv as leave-in but it really is not one. I do need a good non-water leave-in that will not make my hair frizz.

That is why I loved the Loreal Leavein as a moisturizer - and it is water based. I want to find something like that again. I think I am going to try a cheapie Suave conditioner and the Herbal Essence Hello Hydration for starters to see how those work.

Lavendar

Elucence moisture balance conditioner is great as a moisturizer. I seal it with coconut oil. Great!!!;)