Da Crack House

Radianthealth

This place is like a crack house:eek: . So many pushers everywhere I turn... and I am so very impressionable.

I was already a product junkie but now I have gone overboard. I think I just bought my entire health food store yesterday, some caruso curlers, and tons of stuff from Sally's :perplexed .

Since I joined this board I have purchased:
Olive Oil
ORS Shampoo
Grape Seed Oil
Shea Butter
Miconazale Nitrate
MTG
UBH Book
UBH Dew
UBH Moisturizer
UBH Conditioner
Coconut Milk
Limes
Milk
Castor Oil
Jojoba Oil
Cocoa Butter
Aphogee Tea tree Spray
Aphogee Moisturizer
Aphogee Shampoo
Aphogee Conditioner
Aphogee Protien Treatments
Peppermint Essential Oil
Tea Tree Oil
Caruso Curlers
Magnetic Rollers & Clips
Overhead Dryer
Heating Cap
Dr. Miracles Braid Spray
Jamaican Mango and Lime Spray
Garnier Fructis Conditioner-(6 bottles on Sale at CVS for $.99 :ohwell: )
Cayenne Pepper
Aloe Vera Juice
African Royale Braid Spray
Vegetable Glycerine
Flax Seed Oil
Coconut Oil

Every day my fiance sees me coming home with bags and he thinks they are groceries, I have to tell him they are for my hair!!!:lachen:

With all this stuff I know that I will see great results like the rest of you ladies. I have been babying my hair for the last month and a half and I have seen about 1 inch of new growth and my ends are in great condition. I go to the salon today for my retouch after my visit I will take a before picture to post in my signature. I am going to try to stop buying hair products on a daily basis, because basically that is what it has come down to since I have joined this board. Somebody please pray for me!!!:look:

Kimberly

trimbride said:
Somebody please pray for me!!!:look:

I'll pray for you because I am in the same freaking boat! I don't think I could list all of the things I have bought since joining this board! don't get me wrong, my hair is in better shape because of it and it has definitely been a trial and error process...of which I still conducting, by the way. But there were things that I never even thougth of before I came here and it's like I just want ot try them all!

Make sure you post those pics!

HoneyDew

That really a lot of stuff, TB. Do you use it all?

This board can cause you to make a bee-line run to Sally's, but what has helped me is finding what works and sticking with it - no matter what.

Besides, most of the things that work for me are not even mentioned on the board anyway. If a product does interest me, I put it on my list in case I ever run out of something or need something with a particular ingredient.

macherieamour

I hear ya, i had this problem for a long time. Heres a couple of things that help:

1) Instead of trying to buy tons of stuff, experiment with a new product in one category. For example, just focus on shampoo first, try a new product when that one runs out, etc.

2) For the stuff you have and dont like, try finding ways to use it up before throwing out. For example, the conditioner you hate, try prepooing with it or mixing it with another. That will help you not feel like ur wasting tooo much money.

3) Keep a list and limit yourself to buying one new thing a month.

These are thing that have helped me:)

kreeme

I feel you girl. I can't even list all of the things I have purchased. I might shut the board down. :lol: I remember one day we were cleaning up the bathroom and my boyfriend picked up a bottle of Coconut Oil off the counter and was like, "does this go in the kitchen or behind the toilet?" :lachen: He said I was confusing him with all of this stuff. Then when we got to the kitchen he saw the olive oil by the sink and stuck it in the cabinet with the Crisco. I was like, "naw baby, that's for my hair too." :lol: He just shook his head.

Enchantmt

Progress...not perfection
I feel your pain. When I first joined I was so happy to find other folx into hair I bought EVERYTHING. Now, since I'm using as much natural stuff as I can, I've ditched all of it and started over. I cant be as big as a PJ as I would like tho, because locally I cant find all the good stuff and a lot of things online are so expensive that I'm hesitant to try things I havent heard good reviews about. Good luck getting it under control. The ladies here know how to ferret out the good stuff and where else can we come to show our excitement and not be thought crazy?

BrownBetty

I suggest buying from stores that you can return things (whole foods, sally's) because I hate having a closet full of things that don't work for my hair. I have finally worked my way to a couple of products that work for my hair. My tried and true that always work. Don't worry you will find yours.

MissB

I use to purchase everything mentioned on this board and several others. My closet was overflowing. I gave away products to my co-workers, family, and friends. I sent products to the local women's shelter during Xmas.

Now I only purchase something when I need to replenish. I just used the last of 2 items this morning. So, I will probably go to the BSS this weekend.

It takes time and a lot of experimenting but you will find the products that work for your specific hair type.

Good Luck and I will keep you in my prayers!

Elizabeth26

I remember when I first join the board I was going out buying things I heard mention on the board. I couldn't go in the store without looking on the hair care side but eventually it wears off (at least for me, LOL!). I have a whole bunch of products that I'm still testing and have some that will be my staples. I decided I was going to try to use everything before I buy more hair products. I only buy items that I really need now.

~*~ShopAholic~*~

:lol: :lachen: , what a way to put it, lol. Welcome to the board, I'm sure once you find your staples you'll be in recovery, along your journey you may relapse here and there but it does get better. Believe me I know, now I'm trying to use up most of this stuff so I can only have 1 moisturizing poo, 1 clarifying poo, 5 cond., 1 leave in and 1 oil then I'll good to go.

Lucia

ITA try to find what works for you, look @ others regimes/albums who have similar hair type to yours. Even better check out the regimes fo the ladies who have gotten to or reached the goal your trying to get to, once you find what works don't keep jumping on every band wagon miricle growth product that comes along. I'm speaking as a reformed PJ, besides I've noticed the ladies who have strreamlined their products to some good for them staples and kept their regimes simple have gotten the most progress. hth

LABETT

I know PJism can get out of control.
Trading hair products with hair buddies can help cut down on buying so much products.
This way you save money and dont have to buy every product you want to try or rave about on the board.
I know what product my hair buddies likes and buy them when they are on sale.

Last edited:

krissyprissy

HoneyDew said:
That really a lot of stuff, TB. Do you use it all?

This board can cause you to make a bee-line run to Sally's, but what has helped me is finding what works and sticking with it - no matter what.

Besides, most of the things that work for me are not even mentioned on the board anyway. If a product does interest me, I put it on my list in case I ever run out of something or need something with a particular ingredient.

Why did you put a pic of fantasia serum on the board. I feel the pjism kicking in :)

*ElleB

trimbride said:
This place is like a crack house:eek: . So many pushers everywhere I turn... and I am so very impressionable.

I was already a product junkie but now I have gone overboard. I think I just bought my entire health food store yesterday, some caruso curlers, and tons of stuff from Sally's :perplexed .

Since I joined this board I have purchased:
Olive Oil
ORS Shampoo
Grape Seed Oil
Shea Butter
Miconazale Nitrate
MTG
UBH Book
UBH Dew
UBH Moisturizer
UBH Conditioner
Coconut Milk
Limes
Milk
Castor Oil
Jojoba Oil
Cocoa Butter
Aphogee Tea tree Spray
Aphogee Moisturizer
Aphogee Shampoo
Aphogee Conditioner
Aphogee Protien Treatments
Peppermint Essential Oil
Tea Tree Oil
Caruso Curlers
Magnetic Rollers & Clips
Overhead Dryer
Heating Cap
Dr. Miracles Braid Spray
Jamaican Mango and Lime Spray
Garnier Fructis Conditioner-(6 bottles on Sale at CVS for $.99 :ohwell: )
Cayenne Pepper
Aloe Vera Juice
African Royale Braid Spray
Vegetable Glycerine
Flax Seed Oil
Coconut Oil

Every day my fiance sees me coming home with bags and he thinks they are groceries, I have to tell him they are for my hair!!!:lachen:

With all this stuff I know that I will see great results like the rest of you ladies. I have been babying my hair for the last month and a half and I have seen about 1 inch of new growth and my ends are in great condition. I go to the salon today for my retouch after my visit I will take a before picture to post in my signature. I am going to try to stop buying hair products on a daily basis, because basically that is what it has come down to since I have joined this board. Somebody please pray for me!!!:look:

:lachen:
Girl, I feel you, tho I am able to restrain myself a bit more....:lol:

PJism is a mutha!!!!! :lol:

But it is also a phase, lol.....Happy Hair Growing!