Giving me LIFE today!!!!

Penelope74

My hair is giving me LIFE right now!!! :clap: I am 10 weeks post. Pre-poo overnight with JBCO, EVCO, cheapie conditioner, Shampooed this morning with Organix Biotin shampoo, then protein with Aphogee 3 minute recon, deep conditioned with ORS hair Mayo with extra attention to edges and nape with ORS Olive Oil Replenishing Conditioner & JBCO under dryer for 30 minutes, rinse under cool water. Aphogee Pro Vitamin Leave in conditioner and Keratin & Green tea Reconstructor, Thermasmooth Smooth Guard Serum by Mizani as heat protectant, and finally Palmer's Coconut Oil Formula Replenishing Hair Milk. Blow dry on low and cool, and proceed to curl.
I know it seems like a lot,, and I am a BONIFIED PJ,, but like I said MY HAIR IS GIVIN ME LIFE!!! Body, shine, bounce!! JUST LIFE!! :yay::dance7:
Tonight I will moisturize with Palmer's Coconut Oil Formula Replenishing Hair Milk, massage (10 minutes) and seal with my mixture of WGO, peppermint oil, lavender oil, rosemary oil, argan oil, evco, grape seed oil, eucalyptus, tea tree and macadamia oil, proceed to wrap for another 6 days, only to comb down once a day to go thru the moisturize, massage and seal routine, then back up in a wrap till wash day,, Wednesday.

Penelope74

I'm sorry,, I was at work when I did the initial post.. It's cut in a bob now.. I'm having a hard time with the nape and bangs.. Thats why I try to pay extra attention to those areas.

ForumRunner_20141009_124141.jpg

ForumRunner_20141009_124204.jpg

ForumRunner_20141009_124217.jpg

Honey Bee

I actually have a question for you, might explain what's going on in your nape. Why are you using so much protein? Biotin shampoo, Aphogee 3 min, ORS hair mayo, your leave-ins, it's all protein. How long have you been using this regimen? Or are you doing that, 'moisture one week, protein the next' regimen?

Penelope74

*I've been doin this for about 7 months now. I think my hair is a protein lover because after I deep condition with moisturizing conditioner,, my hair feels mushy,, and I hate that. *I usually use SheaMoisture Raw Shea Butter Deep Treatment Masque. I know my hair needs moisture,,, so 3 week protein,, one week moisture.
Any suggestions,, I'm open to anything...

oneastrocurlie

Manipulation, tension from scarfs or bonnets, and/or heat could be causing the nape and bang issue.

I'm pro protein. Aphogee 2 min is a favorite of mine. But I follow it with a low or no protein DC after. Or a go lazy girl route and mix the 2 min in with my DC.

Forgot to add. I using a jbco mix on my nape and it seems to help. I also moisturized twice a day.

Penelope74

I moisturize and seal twice a day too,, in the morning and at night with the Palmers Coconut milk. My wrap is my go to style. I guess the scarf tied around couls be stunting my growth. The silk or satin scarf is always tied to the back with the knot in the front.. It seems like the bonnet could have the same problems as far as the elastic is concerned..

Honey Bee

*I've been doin this for about 7 months now. I think my hair is a protein lover because after I deep condition with moisturizing conditioner,, my hair feels mushy,, and I hate that. *I usually use SheaMoisture Raw Shea Butter Deep Treatment Masque. I know my hair needs moisture,,, so 3 week protein,, one week moisture.
Any suggestions,, I'm open to anything...
Oh, ok. My relaxed hair was hi po, fine, and looooved protein too, but it never got mushy from just one moisturizing dc. Maybe if I had slept in it or something, hmmm...

Well, how does your nape feel? That might help.

Oh, just remembered, I had a nape issue once. Come to find out, the back of my hair is a totally different texture than the rest! Way softer. It just couldn't handle the relaxer. I stopped perming it and it grew out nice, and it never messed up my styling. It always just went along with whatever I was doing.

oneastrocurlie

I moisturize and seal twice a day too,, in the morning and at night with the Palmers Coconut milk. My wrap is my go to style. I guess the scarf tied around couls be stunting my growth. The silk or satin scarf is always tied to the back with the knot in the front.. It seems like the bonnet could have the same problems as far as the elastic is concerned..

I recently gave up my bonnet with the elastic band because I think itwas damaging my nape. I use a loosely tied scarf now. So loose it kinda comes off. The knot is tied in the back but not sitting in my nape. I've considered a satin pillow but worry the oils from my hair will cause me to break out on my face. They have bonnets with the drawstring as well.

Penelope74

Before I started the 3-1 protein regimen, after my MDC,, I could just feel the mushiness of my hair, now its fine as that goes.
I may try the no edge relaxer,, since its not growing as fast as the other sections,, no need to relax huh??
I guess I could saturate the egdes and nape with JBCO for relaxer run off??!!
You guys are always so helpful,, no need for me to tackle this stuff alone!!

oneastrocurlie

Before I started the 3-1 protein regimen, after my MDC,, I could just feel the mushiness of my hair, now its fine as that goes.
I may try the no edge relaxer,, since its not growing as fast as the other sections,, no need to relax huh??
I guess I could saturate the egdes and nape with JBCO for relaxer run off??!!
You guys are always so helpful,, no need for me to tackle this stuff alone!!

I apply jbco to my scalp only. Just a couple times a week. And not even straight jbco because that stuff is thick. You can mix it with another oil.

Eta... If your moisture-protein balance is corrected you can modify you 3-1 if you feel the need.