CW'ing with Herbal Essence's Hello Hydration

twistedsista

Today I went to the gym and CW with Hello Hydration. I was pleasantly surprised, because I am 12 weeks post relaxer. I was able to comb my hair easily then I rinsed it out, but put in about a quarter size amount back in on the ends. I then added a nickle sized amount of the HE's straightening lotion and a quarter size amount of biosilk serum and a dime size amount of Olive oil lotion by ORS. When my hair got 85% dry I then added more ORS Olive Oil lotion and my hair is SOOO soft. I am definately going to buy the 700 ml bottle of this conditioner. I plan on continuing to CW pretty much everyday. By the way I have thick 4a hair.

HH is a good conditioner and provides lots of slip BUT it also packs a heavy silicone punch too (that's one of the reasons it work so well).

the cones in this are not water soluble soooo, monitor your hair carefully. if you begin to notice the conditioner isn't working as well or your hair starts feeling dry no matter what other products you put on it, you'll need a good clarifying shampoo to remove those cones.

maybe a good clarifying shampoo once a week?

if you're cw with it, they're gonna build up pretty fast.

just becareful.

:)

Last edited:
I have only used the hello hydration shampoo and love it though I have not tried the conditioner.. but I really don't use rinse out conditioners because I only deep condition after every shampoo wash. But I may try this conditioner b/c I love their shampoo so much. Cones have really never been an issue for me but if it is going to cause lots of build up then I would clarify often.

Back