Curlkit complaint

NOEChic

I may not always be right, but I'm never wrong.
I ordered a box 20 Jan 13 and JUST received it today. As I stay overseas and if not shipped priority it may take a while to get to me. I look at the package it's priority. Ok so I look at the postage stamp date bc MAYBE it got lost. It was shipped on 15 Feb 13. WTF to add insult to injury they did an auto ship for this months box. WTD!!!!

greenandchic

They always ship out on the 15th of each month. I ordered mine on January 20th and the email confirmation reads:

PS: Here's some good news: Once you have signed up, you don't have to worry about ordering a kit every month. Each month on the 15th your card will be billed and a kit will be sent to you. All you have to do is sit back, relax and enjoy your goodies each month. If you ever decide to discontinue your service, all you need to do is send us an email before the 15th of the month and you will be discontinue immediately no questions asked. What could be easier than that? So, welcome aboard, your natural curl journey starts now!!

NOEChic

They always ship out on the 15th of each month. I ordered mine on January 20th and the email confirmation reads:

I got the new invoice 2 days ago. So if they ship out on the 15th I should have gotten the email on the 15th maybe 16th not the 20th.

greenandchic

I got the new invoice 2 days ago. So if they ship out on the 15th I should have gotten the email on the 15th maybe 16th not the 20th.

Hmmm. I wonder if it had anything to do with this: (email)

A Letter From The Founder

Hi Curl Friend,

We just came off of one the most grueling shipments ever, but we are happy it is over and you all should have started receiving your Kits by now. First I want to say Thank You to each and every one of you for your patience and understanding during this time. We have received your emails, text and direct messages and we just want to tell you that you make this business so enjoyable and more like a Family Business than you would ever know.

This month we had to make the hardest decisions ever, whether to ship your Kits out without the full size product or hold the shipment. We decided to hold the shipment. Apparently our order was shipped to the wrong distributor and due to the large quantity we ordered they were not able to manufacture and resend us out the original product we ordered without an extended delay. We opted to take a different product in place of the one we originally ordered to expedite the delivery. We hope you enjoy the replacement product we chose.

We are currently working very hard on our Anniversary Box, yes Curl Friends, CurlKit is 1 year old next month. We launched CurlKit February 2012 and shipped our first Kit in March. To celebrate our growth and the love you have shown us we are naming this Kit, “CurlKit Favorite Things”. So stay tune…..

I got it 16 Feb.

NOEChic

I got an email on the 7th a thursday that stated all kits will be in the mail in 3 days Monday the latest. Mine wasn't mailed out till the 15th

NOEChic

Update on this compliant. I cancelled my subscription after Feburary however I still get the emails, and it seems like every month there is something wrong with getting the boxes out on time.

greenandchic

^^^

I hear you. I was going to cancel mine before this month got started but I dropped the ball. The worst thing that happened was a product leaking a couple of boxes back and it never got replaced as promised. I'm OK with it since I wasn't crazy about that particular product anyway but it was still annoying. After this kit I'm out (for other reasons).

uofmpanther

4ab, lopo, fine, low-med density
^^^

I hear you. I was going to cancel mine before this month got started but I dropped the ball. The worst thing that happened was a product leaking a couple of boxes back and it never got replaced as promised. I'm OK with it since I wasn't crazy about that particular product anyway but it was still annoying. After this kit I'm out (for other reasons).

You can still try canceling today. I cancelled after the leaky box. I didn't send my email before the 15th and they still let me cancel before the next box.

greenandchic

You can still try canceling today. I cancelled after the leaky box. I didn't send my email before the 15th and they still let me cancel before the next box.

I've already received a shipping confirmation on the 15th...I will after I get this one though. I'm not that upset, I go through products pretty quickly anyway :lol: but I'm generally done with CurlKit and most subscription services (except the nail polish one!)

TopShelf

Sewing & Growing Gamma Gal
Its weird, every month she sends an email saying that the box will be delayed but then i get home and the box is there. So i wonder if she is doing this as a precaution just in case some boxes do arrive late. So far i guess i have been lucky and have never had any issues.

BayAreaDream

Yeah I cancelled my CurlKit subscription in June.. Stuff was always leaking in my box and I kept and still get emails saying stuff didn't make it in the box or the box is delayed. Glad to be done with them.. I just kept my $10 make up subs

ellebelle88

Yeah, sometimes Curlkit comes a bit late. I ended up canceling my subscription last night tho because there is no way I can go through all those products in a month so they are stacking up. And even though some of them look pretty good and worthwhile, I'd rather buy products that I have already heard good reviews about. Loved getting the boxes every month but so long curlkit.

Umm Ebraheem

I just cancelled my subscription. I was okay with my first box in June but not overly excited and it is July 20th and I've yet to recieve my second box but I've already been billed for August. The turn around time for receiving packages from this company is very slow and I can buy products on my own. I've left a couple of companies alone based on poor shipping practices and I will continue to do so.