What would you do?

Whimsy

OK, seeing the other thread, the players and the situation and how it is being handled, I definitely stand by my original response. I feel bad saying this but now I wonder if there's really a piece broken off...

MyAngelEyez~C~U

OK, seeing the other thread, the players and the situation and how it is being handled, I definitely stand by my original response. I feel bad saying this but now I wonder if there's really a piece broken off...

if there wasn't, I bet there is now, lol.

MsLauren

And the way she's attacking the OP in the hair exchange forum is just :nono: :nono:
There's a better way to handle things like this without be hostile

faithVA

The fact of the matter is there is no good answer to this situation because its screwed up already. So go with the one you can live with. Technically you don't owe her a refund because she didn't get insurance. Refunding in full is not fair to you. Refunding minus shipping is not fair to you because now you have broken stuff. Maybe you can both be happy with a split, but I doubt it.

I'm having a bad day today so I might not be the right one to ask :nono:

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
faithVA

I Agree. There is no good answer. It's just that simple & complicated at the same time.

I guess for me, it wouldn't be worth the extra aggravation.

JJamiah

SHe put in a claim with paypal, I'd say let them handle it :)
Send a copy of the dialogue. You got this.

*CherryPie*

I AM THE BUYER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The OP sold me a Splitender KNOWING that it was BROKEN! When I contacted her, she refused to respond.

The thing is, she wrapped that item very securely. It could not have gotten broken. There was NO damage to the box. Just a broken item! The BORKEN PIECE WAS NOT EVEN IN THE BOX!!! She wrapped it WAY TOO secure for it to have been damaged in shipping!

After she refused to respond to me, I contacted paypal. She is not responding to them either. I know now that I have to ne VERY careful buying on here!

*CherryPie*

@winona

I don't think there is anything wrong/damage with the Tool. Period. I think B changed her mind (after she got it).:ohwell:

This is exactly what I think happened.:ohwell:

I think if there was any visible wear-and-tear on the Item, I personally think the Seller would have disclosed that.

I try to only sell things that are Brand New/still in the Original Packaging (or Sealed) to prevent stuff like you described.:ohwell:

I've sold everything from a Maxi-Glide to a Box of "Random" Products that the person just bought. Without an issue.

That's why I say: "Serious Inquiries Only" :ohwell:

Note to Self: Maybe I need to list "No Refunds":ohwell:

I don't know what I would do if I was the "Seller" but I seriously doubt that the Seller sent something that was Damaged.

TamedTresses

:lol: I thought this was going to be about the show "What Would You Do?" on ABC Primetime. It's a good show BTW, check your local listing. :look:

Anyway, I would probably offer a refund if the item was shipped back at the buyer's expense. It looks like the buyer overlooked the insurance option. Hopefully, this is resolved in an amicable manner.

Nonie

I was initially under the assumption it was a hypotetical (sp) situation.

So was I until you IDareT'sHair said it wasn't. And even after that I read OP's post and it seems to me she really was looking for advice on what the right thing to do is. Even her response to the buyer seemed to be along those lines as she asked for time while she comes up with an "amicable decision that was fair" so I honestly think OP meant no malice in all of this.

It's a shame a small misunderstanding turned so ugly. :nono: Buyer felt duped and was anxious to get this solved ASAP--never mind whether Seller was online. Seller felt wrongly accused, and while most would've just said *** off, tried to be fair but not in good time for buyer.

I am with JJamiah let Paypal know the deets and let them help y'all solve this.

TamedTresses

Wow! This is messier than I initially thought.

Hopefully, you ladies can work something out. I see a pic is posted in the other thread. Is the broken piece visible from that pic? That pic can possibly be used to help resolve this issue.

Platinum

Wow, this is a mess.

This is why I never buy anything online without insurance. Even if the seller doesn't offer it, I request it anyway.:ohwell:

I hope you ladies can work it out.

gabulldawg

IDareT'sHair

I am an honest person to a fault. I take very good care of my things and do not like being taken advantage of or people calling my integrity to question. I wanted an unbiased opinion because I was extremely irritated that she called me out when I didn't respond within 4 hours of her sending me a PM. I actually have a life and am not sitting here waiting for her PM. In addition, I posted a picture of the product and offered insurance at her expense before any money was exchanged. At first she denied I offered it then she was like well you must have sent it damaged. WTH. I was actually going to refund the money minus shipping until she got nasty about the situation.

I don't think you should refund ANYTHING. :nono: Wait for paypal to handle it.

I would ask to see photos of the damage and also the box before making any decisions about refunding a purchase, especially if the buyer refused insurance when it was offered. That's like saying you aren't concerned about the possibility that the item may have issues. And in the future, simply put 'No refunds or returns' in the listing if you don't wish to deal with returns. That way you'll only have buyers who know the deal before making a purchase.

OT: I am SOOOOOO jealous of you getting to meet Thor!!! :cry3:

I AM THE BUYER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The OP sold me a Splitender KNOWING that it was BROKEN! When I contacted her, she refused to respond.

The thing is, she wrapped that item very securely. It could not have gotten broken. There was NO damage to the box. Just a broken item! The BORKEN PIECE WAS NOT EVEN IN THE BOX!!! She wrapped it WAY TOO secure for it to have been damaged in shipping!

After she refused to respond to me, I contacted paypal. She is not responding to them either. I know now that I have to ne VERY careful buying on here!

Why are you so mad, though?? It's not helping your case. :nono: Even if you think you are being treated wrongly there is an appropriate way to handle it. People would be more likely to sympathize/empathize if you took it down a notch. You are also more likely to get a better outcome if you weren't so confrontational. :nono:

lmao wow... when posters show their true colors...

:yep: Folks can only hide crazy for so long.

faithVA

I knew it wasn't hypothetical :lol: I was too lazy too go look for the thread.

But let Paypal handle it. They are a neutral party. And that way I don't have to take sides between 2 cousins :yep:

faithVA

Lesson learned. All sellers charge them for insurance even if they don't want it. All buyers, buy insurance even if you don't want it. :yep:

silenttullip

so I'm sticking to my guns "lets just say a piece was broken off" who is to say who broke, it wasn't after customer used it or it wasn't noticed REGARDLESS insurance gives you the right to a refund, being rude does not. I personally would refund her just to be done... But shed be on block after that in this case... Nevermind

Last edited:

*CherryPie*

She wouldn't have to put me on block because I will NEVER buy another thing from her. I know that I can't trust her.

so I'm sticking to my guns "lets just say a piece was broken off" who is to say who broke, it wasn't after customer used it or it wasn't noticed REGARDLESS insurance gives you the right to a refund, being rude does not. I personally would refund her just to be done... But shed be on block after that in this case... Nevermind

*CherryPie*

I'm mad because I was done WRONG then ignored!!! Do you get it?:perplexed

And yes, i'm going to be confrontational so deal with it or ignore me! I don't need for online people to sympathize with me! Whatever paypal decides is good with me...but i'm not just going to sit there and let someone walk over me.

I don't think you should refund ANYTHING. :nono: Wait for paypal to handle it.

OT: I am SOOOOOO jealous of you getting to meet Thor!!! :cry3:

Why are you so mad, though?? It's not helping your case. :nono: Even if you think you are being treated wrongly there is an appropriate way to handle it. People would be more likely to sympathize/empathize if you took it down a notch. You are also more likely to get a better outcome if you weren't so confrontational. :nono:

:yep: Folks can only hide crazy for so long.

gabulldawg

And yes, i'm going to be confrontational so deal with it or ignore me! I don't need for online people to sympathize with me! Whatever paypal decides is good with me...but i'm not just going to sit there and let someone walk over me.

Oh I get it. I think we all get that you're mad. :lol: I'm just thinking this could've all went down differently if you weren't so rude. I'd be mad too if I was under the impression that someone was trying to get over on me. But anyone deserves the benefit of the doubt initially, especially when you don't give them enough time to respond. I personally wouldn't have handled it this way after only waiting 4 hours for a response. But hey, you do you.

*CherryPie*

But that's because you believed her when she said it was 4 hours. But I really don't care anyway.:lol: Like I said before, it'll get resolved in my favor or hers . Let it be.:look:

Oh I get it. I think we all get that you're mad. :lol: I'm just thinking this could've all went down differently if you weren't so rude. I'd be mad too if I was under the impression that someone was trying to get over on me. But anyone deserves the benefit of the doubt initially, especially when you don't give them enough time to respond. I personally wouldn't have handled it this way after only waiting 4 hours for a response. But hey, you do you.

lovebug10

Then why are you blowing up the forum about this mess? Submit your Paypal claim, wait for Paypals response, and then never deal with the buyer again.

I hate people who exaggerate a situation. Both parties should just shut up, learn their lessons and move on.

LovelyLouboutin

lovebug10 said:
Then why are you blowing up the forum about this mess? Submit your Paypal claim, wait for Paypals response, and then never deal with the buyer again.

I hate people who exaggerate a situation. Both parties should just shut up, learn their lessons and move on.

The seller has already moved on from the issue.

candy626

Lol. Awkward...

If I were Paypal I would side with the seller. She offered insurance and would not have if she had ill intent. Buyer refused the insurance and got buyer's remorse when the item arrived. It seems as this could have been settled privately and amicably but...Idk..

Best of luck with this ladies

*CherryPie*

Because y'all keep asking me stupid questions...like this one.:look: