Curlformers

Lilmama1011

When i first got them I was scared but I came up with a simplier technique, hooking from the bottom and not the top. Check out my new video below, I honestly know it'll help, plus i get NO BREAKAGE from my method! :) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KVRY0d6axJ8 http://www.youtube.com/bootyfurl

I will try this next time. I never thought to do it or thought it would make it up to my root, your hair shrinks tremendously! I know if you ever decide to straighten your hair you will get weave checked all the time by people who normally see your hair shrunken Inspiired

krissyhair

I like the look of my satin sponge rollers better than curl formers :-(

Yesterday I set my hair with the curl formers and it turned out exactly how it should. But when the curls fall I loose serious volume. The curls look like skinny tube strands.

To maintain my curls last night I used my satin sponge rollers and this morning I woke up with voluminous springy hair. I got my 1960s roller set going on.

HairPleezeGrow

Natural.MediumFine.3c.
I like the look of my satin sponge rollers better than curl formers :-(

Yesterday I set my hair with the curl formers and it turned out exactly how it should. But when the curls fall I loose serious volume. The curls look like skinny tube strands.

To maintain my curls last night I used my satin sponge rollers and this morning I woke up with voluminous springy hair. I got my 1960s roller set going on.

Pic please!

HairPleezeGrow

Natural.MediumFine.3c.
I couldn't help myself and did my baby's hair using the curlformers. I wanted to see how they would look and it came out beautifully. I haven't seperated them or anything. I used Soultanicals Muru and then applied BASK 7 fold butter and JR Nurish and Shine. I used 103 rollers and let her sit under the dryer on medium heat for 25 minutes and then hair dried for 2 hours after that. I left 2 rollers in bc they weren't dry yet.

View attachment 238699

View attachment 238701

View attachment 238703

View attachment 238705

freckledface

I got a sallys gift card today! I'm going to buy some tomorrow. I have MBL high density hair do I get the extra long and wide? Does the wide just mean bigger curls?

Blairx0

I got a sallys gift card today! I'm going to buy some tomorrow. I have MBL high density hair do I get the extra long and wide? Does the wide just mean bigger curls?

Yup. Wider barrel means bigger curls. I think the extra wide strech out to like 18 inches. You should check to ensure they will br long enough for your hair

RaeShouna

Got them(generic-vakind) for Christmas(yay) and tried them that day. Well it came out great! I put in all 40 but went out to the movies and they fell due to South Fla's humidity. I co-washed then applied eco with olive oil(green one) hopping it would hold. I did however only apply about a dime size or less of eco. I didn't want my curls to be stiff...any suggestions. I know I could try more eco but I do not want stiff curls.

HairPleezeGrow

Natural.MediumFine.3c.
Got them(generic-vakind) for Christmas(yay) and tried them that day. Well it came out great! I put in all 40 but went out to the movies and they fell due to South Fla's humidity. I co-washed then applied eco with olive oil(green one) hopping it would hold. I did however only apply about a dime size or less of eco. I didn't want my curls to be stiff...any suggestions. I know I could try more eco but I do not want stiff curls.

This is what I'm looking for is something with a lot of hold and no crunch to keep the style at least for a week. I hope you get some input.

Ogoma

I use mine to stretch. I used the barrel curls for the first time Christmas Eve and I love them for stretching. I used 48. They don't spiral up as much so getting the curls out day 1 is easy. I will buy another pack at the next sale.

I also have the super long and wide generic (works well; will never sleep in them again) and the long and wide that my longer front and middle hair have sort of outgrown now. I am giving the long and wide to my cousin.

Last edited:

sexypebbly

I use eco stlyer gel and don't get crunchy curls. I apply a butter then the gel and once dry, the curls feel nice. Then mayb apply a little more butter and hair feels nice

LaBelleLL

I use mine to stretch. I used the barrel curls for the first time Christmas Eve and I love them for stretching. I used 48. They don't spiral up as much so getting the curls out day 1 is easy. I will buy another pack at the next sale. I also have the super long and wide generic (works well; will never sleep in them again) and the long and wide that my longer front and middle hair have sort of outgrown now. I am giving the long and wide to my cousin.

Ogoma so you got two boxes of the barrel curls?

natural_one

I used them for the first time over the weekend and they are a keeper..i only flatiron twice a month so for the other weeks I was just pulling my hair back in a ponytail now i am using my curlformers...To keep the curls, I twirl the ends in the direction of the curl and pin them up at night, but by day three its not looking the greatest so i just updo until wash day...

Jadi

I'm using mines today. Should of gotten more I have a big head.:ohwell: I have the long skinny blues and greens, the super big yellows and pinks and one short and wide? pinks and yellows.

freckledface

Boo they only had long and extra wide. The long is 14"and I'd like to think my hair is longer than that. I'll wait til next week maybe they'll get some in.

freckledface

APrayer4Hair thanks I'll keep those in mind. I got a gift card so I was hoping to use that. If they don't get them in the next week or so I'll get those and stock up on some DC I don't need lol.

APrayer4Hair

Impatiently awaiting my "curlformers". I also purchased SprAngs. Here are my tentative plans:

Wash: Elucences Moisture benefits shampoo :love:
DC: Eden bodyworks jojoba monoi mixed with castor oil and honey
Seal: Oyin Burnt sugar pomade
Airdry overnight with SprAngs
Apply Oyin hair dew and Jane Carter wrap n roll to each section
Leave for several hours or attempt to sleep in them

I have 48 of the EWEL and I've been experimenting with different sets for the last few days.

I typically use 46, which is too much for their hooded dryer :censored:

-Blowdried hair = total fail. Zero curl.

-Kiss My Face Upper management gel + leave-in = Fail. soft curls for two days but crazy buildup on my scalp and strands.

-JC wrap and roll foam + leave-in = will update later tonight once I remove the CF's.

HairPleezeGrow

Natural.MediumFine.3c.
I have 48 of the EWEL and I've been experimenting with different sets for the last few days.

I typically use 46, which is too much for their hooded dryer :censored:

-Blowdried hair = total fail. Zero curl.

-Kiss My Face Upper management gel + leave-in = Fail. soft curls for two days but crazy buildup on my scalp and strands.

-JC wrap and roll foam + leave-in = will update later tonight once I remove the CF's.

Can't wait for your update.

Jadi

I tried them on Friday, took me almost 2 hours just to put them in. At first my hair was getting tangle trying to get it. :nono:Youtube some videos, still didn't get it. Then I saw naptural85 video, it help some.
Curls came out nice and shiny. Bad thing is my curls frizz up so fast, and a few wasn't curl all the way down. It's a keeper, just need to be gentle.

dontspeakdefeat

Hair Coach
Oooo. Just did a set with them this afternoon. It took me about 30 minutes to roll my hair(i'm in a weave) and 45 minutes under the dryer. I love the curls! I took pics and video I'll be posting on my YT account soon.