curlaway has anyone seen or tried it

sugarsweet

calling all naturals curlaway has anyone seen or tried it

:confused:
http://www.xenna.com/product_curlaway.html
here is the web site what do you ladies think. All the benefits of a relaxer and stay natural at the same time.

How Curlaway straightens hair

Curlaway Gel breaks hydrogen bonds in the keratin protein of your hair, not S-S bonds like conventional, high-pH relaxers. (Hydrogen bonds are what break whenever Caucasian or Hispanic hair becomes wet.) With repeated use these hydrogen bonds weaken so Caucasian or Hispanic hair when dry, is as straight as it is when wet. The shampoo is slightly high in pH (9.0), causing the hair to “set” in the straighter configuration achieved by the gel.

The effect is cumulative – the more you use Curlaway Gel and Shampoo, the straighter your hair becomes. Stop using the products whenever you are happy with the texture of your hair. Restart the treatment when your hair starts to recurl or if summer humidity calls for more control.

On African-American hair, the result is a successful “touch-up” of chemically-relaxed hair or hair that is softer, easier to comb and amazingly responsive to heat curlers or wands, often eliminating the need for chemical relaxation to get the look you want.

I guess it work's like the coconut milk and lime relaxer

Last edited:

aqualung

I tried it, but the acid did nothing for my 4b coils. Breathing it stung my nasal passages, though.

I posted a full review of the process, but it was before the product's name changed. Search the forum for "Curlex" -- Curl Away's former name.

Last edited:

sugarsweet

megonw said:
I tried it, but the acid did nothing for my 4b coils. Breathing it stung my nasal passages, though.

I posted a full review of the process, but it was before the product's name changed. Search the forum for "Curlex" -- Curl Away's former name.
thank so much you just save me $35 you know it was satisfaction or your :grin: money back

eshille

Has anyone tried this in recent years? Is it any better?

belleama, I've used the product approaching 3 years now.

I've had great succcess with the product, however I would say it's not for the quick, straight hair club...:lachen::grin:

Delicate_Beauty

I just got mine today, I am going to use it I guess this weekend. I think that most people expect it to act as a box relaxer. :nono: That is not what it is for, I have read and heard more good things about this product then bad things. I will make sure to post my results once I use it.

Ms Lala

I tried this on a section of my hair before but it just smelled sooooooooooo bad. I just couldn't use it. My hubby said I smelled like vinegar. I also noticed that this part of my hair was dryer and brittle feeling. It was however easier to detangle and it looked more frizzy to me.

eshille

I just got mine today, I am going to use it I guess this weekend. I think that most people expect it to act as a box relaxer. :nono: That is not what it is for, I have read and heard more good things about this product then bad things. I will make sure to post my results once I use it.

Just remember to increase moisture to your hair and I don't mean grease/oils...:lachen:

I've used it for 3 years now...no breakage...no splits...no shedding. I'm letting it wear off and the product is living up to it's claims...it really is semi-permanent, I can clearly see where my natural texture meets the straight ends...again...no breakage...no splits...no shedding.

Good luck w/your application...do not expect to get box straight hair on your first application. It's a slow, slow process...one which does not damage your hair.

Br*nzeb*mbsh~ll

Eshille, What's up? How are things? No hair hysteria for me, Thank God!:grin:

I think i will follow suit and try Curlaway, with your blessing...can you pick this up in H-town? I haven't seen it on shelves...What do you use for moisture? I'd like to know exactly...moisture is an issue for me...

You could give me a PM, if you can....

Just remember to increase moisture to your hair and I don't mean grease/oils...:lachen:

I've used it for 3 years now...no breakage...no splits...no shedding. I'm letting it wear off and the product is living up to it's claims...it really is semi-permanent, I can clearly see where my natural texture meets the straight ends...again...no breakage...no splits...no shedding.

Good luck w/your application...do not expect to get box straight hair on your first application. It's a slow, slow process...one which does not damage your hair.

eshille

Eshille, What's up? How are things? No hair hysteria for me, Thank God!:grin:

I think i will follow suit and try Curlaway, with your blessing...can you pick this up in H-town? I haven't seen it on shelves...What do you use for moisture? I'd like to know exactly...moisture is an issue for me...

You could give me a PM, if you can....

sending a pm....:grin: