Anyone Every heard of "CurlAway"?

Dayjoy

Old School Member
I may pick this up for my DD. It seems promising. I'd like to hear from some LHCF ladies first though.

Aveena

funny. my sis asked me to check the board about this product on Friday. I didn't know to search xenna, but I found it interesting that MSM is a main ingredient.

cmw45

I'm natural and am VERY cautious of any product that claims to be a "natural relaxer"...but I guess my questions is, is this product like henna in the effects that it has on your hair and natural or is this a chemical? Like, a really mild relaxer?

I'm VERY curious and VERY cautious.

glamazon386

I've seen it in the store before and I've seen it mentioned in a few threads lately. I think MissFallon uses it. I'm too chicken to try it out. I wouldn't want to mess my hair up. Not to mention the fact that I don't have problems with manageablility anyway. That's what keeps me from texturizing. OP if you try it, let us know how it works out.

Last edited:

glamazon386

I just did a search on it and there's several threads here on the board about it. DDTexlaxed used it and it broke her hair off. Everybody else said it didn't really do much for their hair but that overall it wasn't a bad product. It just made detangling easier and helped with frizz. Sareca also tried it before she decided to texturize.

MissMeWithThatIsh

I've been using it for about a week or so and I love it so far.
It has a smell (Green apple/vinegar) but it goes away when it dries.

In addition it's easy to apply - you apply it just like you would hair gel and pull hair back to air dry or blow dry.

I air dry and pull my hair back and tie it down.

MissMeWithThatIsh

I've been using it for about a week or so and I love it so far.
It has a smell (Green apple/vinegar) but it goes away when it dries.

In addition it's easy to apply - you apply it just like you would hair gel and pull hair back to air dry or blow dry.

I air dry and pull my hair back and tie it down.

MissMeWithThatIsh

I saw it. So is it a moisturizer?

Hey,
It's not a moisturizer, but it is a product that gradually relaxes your hair's curl texture over time. There are various ways to use the product.

You can:
  • Apply it throughout the hair, coating it evenly throughout all sections and pull hair back and tie down for several hours (3-9) or blow dry your hair with it in and style as usual.
  • Apply it to dry hair daily as a hair gel and style as usual.
  • Apply it as leave in hair gel (provides a nice defined curl)
I've been using it since August 16th, and 2 weeks later I'm seeing the difference, even if gradually. The front of my hair has become more defined in the curl pattern, but I do get a lot of shrinkage in the crown still (that is my toughest area- they are the tiniest spirals period)... but the front is moving along nicely, as well as the back.

I've been using this in addition to BT, and soon MTG and it is good. I do recommend using a moisturizer when you apply this product...