What's the best curl activator for relaxed hair

keylargo

What\'s the best curl activator for relaxed hair

Right now I'm in braids and I've been spraying my roots with Carefree Curl moisturizer. Some of you ladies use S Curl or Worlds of Curls. Which one is better? Should I be using moisturizer or activator? My scalp tends to be really dry and flaky so I have to use something. I don't get build up at my roots because my scalp is so dry.

adrienne0914

Re: What\'s the best curl activator for relaxed hair

keylargo, if you're like most people, curl activator is NOT for the scalp. it almost sets my scalp on fiyah!! it makes it itch so bad. i made the mistake of spraying directly on my scalp and ended up having to wash my hair again shortly thereafter.

i really believe that most curl activators are basically the same as long as glycerine is high up on the ingredient list. my personal preferences, S-Curl No Drip spray and World of Curls gel, are really based on scent or lack thereof.

i prefer using light oils to keep my scalp moisturized when wearing braids. if you don't make your own and want a quick solution, try either Wonder 8 or Hot Six. those both work very well and have nice scents. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

adrienne

keylargo

Re: What\'s the best curl activator for relaxed hair

Okay, thanks Adrienne and you're right, my scalp does itch more.