Has anyone ever heard of Hawaiian Silky?

BabyCurls

Indy Girl Growing Strong
<font color="purple">I was at the beauty supply store to purchase a detangling comb and some curl activator. I wanted to buy some S Curl activator, but I can't afford it. Then I remember using Hawaiian Silky when I had a curl back in the days of the jheri curl. It made my hair have moisture and growth. I bought some today because it is a lot cheaper than the S Curl activator. So I might as well use it again. The name of it is "Miracle Worker". It's a 14 in one activator that delivers the same benefits like S Curl, but does a lot more.

Have you ever used any of their products in your hair? Comments are welcomed. </font>

Peachtree

Hey BabyCurls

I used Hawaiian Silky No Lye Relaxer (super) many moons ago... it gave me what I wanted "Bone Straight" hair. I've had no other experience with their products.

Let us know how the "Miracle Worker" turns out...

azul11

I always see hawaiian silky but I was always leery of it because I didnt know anyone who used it and it wasnt a brand I recognized and it didnt have any print ads or anything it was mainly a product you see in stores. Yeah I know its a dumb way to think because a lot of good products out there dont have ads but I was leery.

I havent tried any of them but would love to hear reviews.
God bless you all.

CurlyCrly

To each his own. :)
I have the gel activator in the jar. I haven't used it in a while and don't even remember what I experienced. I'll try it tomorrow.

My mom had a jheri curl in the 80's and used Hawaiian Silky products. I onced used some her gel (didn't know it was curl activator gel) and it made my relaxed hair go texturized. I was thinking of buying some of the spray since I am natural, but my mom's hair looked jacked up back then. I don't if it was because of the hawaiian silky or because she got a jheri curl.

azul11

[ QUOTE ]
My mom had a jheri curl in the 80's and used Hawaiian Silky products. I onced used some her gel (didn't know it was curl activator gel) and it made my relaxed hair go texturized. I was thinking of buying some of the spray since I am natural, but my mom's hair looked jacked up back then. I don't if it was because of the hawaiian silky or because she got a jheri curl.

[/ QUOTE ]

LMAO
God bless you all.

BabyCurls

Indy Girl Growing Strong
<font color="purple">Please let me know how the gel activator worked on your hair, CurlyCurly. I bought the no-drip spray activator yesterday. I haven't tried it yet, 'cause I'm still in braids. I'll give a review before the end of the month. Toodles. </font>

Tracy

I used their lye realxer in Mild for a while. My hair got extremely straight and it burned within 5 minutes. I used it about 3 times before I gave up on it.
The curl activator should be a different experience though.

CurlyCrly

[ QUOTE ]
<font color="purple">Please let me know how the gel activator worked on your hair, CurlyCurly. I bought the no-drip spray activator yesterday. I haven't tried it yet, 'cause I'm still in braids. I'll give a review before the end of the month. Toodles. </font>

[/ QUOTE ]

I forgot to try it.
I spritzed with my water/glycerin/Elucence spray instead. I will definitely try the curl activator gel tomorrow and let you know.

CurlyCrly

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

BabyCurls,

I used it this morning, but only on my bangs.

My review:

I used Hawaiin Silky Gel Activator (in the jar) on wet hair, bangs only, then let air dry. My hair dried soft, and non-sticky. Shrinkage was minimal. This is the look that I get that falls between what I get when I air-dry with nothing, which gives me tight spirals that lie flat and when I spritz with water/glycerin/Elucence,which gives me soft curls/waves that look wet when dry. I'll probably use this a couple of times a week from now on.

Note: It has protein in it.

I don't know if this will help you at all, but here's a picture http://www.longhaircareforum.com/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=74

BabyCurls

Indy Girl Growing Strong
[ QUOTE ]

BabyCurls,

I used it this morning, but only on my bangs.

My review:

I used Hawaiin Silky Gel Activator (in the jar) on wet hair, bangs only, then let air dry. My hair dried soft, and non-sticky. Shrinkage was minimal. This is the look that I get that falls between what I get when I air-dry with nothing, which gives me tight spirals that lie flat and when I spritz with water/glycerin/Elucence,which gives me soft curls/waves that look wet when dry. I'll probably use this a couple of times a week from now on.

[/ QUOTE ]

<font color="purple">I must say it does look wet, even when it's dry. Your hair looks pretty. I think you should continue using the water/glycerine/Elucence mix along with the gel curl activator. It really makes a world of difference in the curl definition and sheen. Toodles. </font>

CurlyCrly

Thanks Babycurls.

After thinking about it, I think that if I'm going to use a gel like product, I'll use Aura Cacia curl enhancing gel. I like the look that I get with that better than the look that I get with the Hawaiin silky Gel Activator. I didn't post a picture of the Aura Cacia gel yet.

BabyCurls

Indy Girl Growing Strong
<font color="purple">When you do, could you post a picture of you with the Aura Cacia gel? Thanx. </font>

Leshia

I remember using their Vitamin Hair Spray when I was braided, back in the day...it was SO great. Stinky, but it made my hair so moisturized, thick and healthy. When I couldn't find that stuff anymore, I nearly lost it. I really like their products.