Indigo & Henna -YES!!!!

diamondlady

I just colored my hair with indigo and henna for the first time. I haven't used commerical color in 6 or 7 years. Just as I quit colorinjg my hair (color disaster) , I started getting a few gray hairs. My gray is now getting out of control. I love the long gray hairs but the little short wirey ones along the edges get on my nerves.

I could never get my hair really, really black until Henna & Indigo. Wonderful color!!!! The indigo was really, really messy but worth it.

ShiShiPooPoo said:
What was your technique and recipe?

I used Henna with Orange Juice. (The lemon juice I used before was too drying, gave me very crispy hair) I let it sit for 12 hours then I had to freeze it because my indigo did not arrive. It was in the freezer for a couple of days and when the indigo arrived I set the henna out for another few hours to defrost.

I put the henna on for 2 hours and then rinsed it out and let it dry a little. I put the indigo on for an hour. Rinsed it out and then conditioned it and pulled it back in a pony to dry.

The color is really wonderful. I asked many questions before I used the henna. When I used henna before, I didn't use the indigo, (I used the henna alone) but did not like the copper orange color of my grays.

SouthernTease,
The black is sexy. It's blacker than it has ever been.

Hi Diamondlady,

I also have gray hair and would like to cover it using henna/indigo. However I want brown hair not that copper orange deal. Is that possible?

Back