Coffee,Tea,ACV,AVJ,Ayurvedic&Powders Challenge 2014

Golden75

#NOMOREHAIRPRODUCTS
Since I have all the qualifying items :look: I may as well join. IDareT'sHair - please add me!

Used my coffee trinity today: TPS Coffee Conditioner to moisturize, HH Jar of Joe to seal, and BASK Java Bean & Honey Balm for a heavy seal.

I plan to purchase a small crockpot to make coffee oil. I have some coffee butter on hand so I'll be using that also.

I have some tea spritzers, and want to look into loose teas or tea bags for rinses. I henna, and use some powders, mainly hibiscus.

I have also been using AVJ to spritz and as a rinse, as well as ACV.

Rozlewis

Steeping my favorite blends of tea for this weeks wash day. My hair seems to love this stuff.

lovelycurls

Tea rinse under dc and for final rinse

Dc:
Fenugreek, green and black tea, nettle leaf tea.
Final rinse:
Sage, chamomile, tulsi, horsetail, Rooibos, Peppermint.

Sent from my SAMSUNG GALAXY NOTE3 using LHCF

DarkJoy

Bent. Not Broken.
Cant decide what to do to my hair tomorrow. So many options :lick:

I have mint and ginger and garlic....maybe I'll start with that as a pre-poo... :yep: with regular coconut oil. Dont need any repeats of that craziness at Target if I forget its in and try to run an errand so no fenugreek oil this time:hide:

Nix08

Relaxed, 4B
Finally restocked on hibiscus and also got more slippery elm, marshmallow root, saw palmetto. So I'm currently brewing my 'all but the kitchen sink' mix.

I'm also happy to report that henna is giving my hair a beautiful red wine colour. ..I just love it:yep:

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
Cant decide what to do to my hair tomorrow. So many options :lick:

I have mint and ginger and garlic....maybe I'll start with that as a pre-poo... :yep: with regular coconut oil. Dont need any repeats of that craziness at Target if I forget its in and try to run an errand so no fenugreek oil this time:hide:

DarkJoy

Nice Pre-Rx

Finally restocked on hibiscus and also got more slippery elm, marshmallow root, saw palmetto. So I'm currently brewing my 'all but the kitchen sink' mix.

I'm also happy to report that henna is giving my hair a beautiful red wine colour. ..I just love it:yep:

Nix08

I need to add this to my list.:yep:

Shifra

I’d like to officially join the 2014 challenge. I’ve been using ayurvedic powders since April 2013 and teas as of September 2013. I’ve since read the entire 2012 & 2013 threads. I am so grateful to have found the tea threads and your wise suggestions. :drunk: I attribute my healthy increased growth rate to both ayurvedic treatments and herbal tea rinses. I managed to retain and go from BSB to full healthy BSL in 3 months. I have since been ‘politely’ weave checked twice… by my mother. :yep::yep:
- I CLEANSE/RINSE my hair with:
1 tsp Shikakai, 1 tsp neem, 2 tsps brahmi powders in 3 cups of water
- TEA SPRITZ under DC/ steam:
Nettle, horsetail, hibiscus, rosehip and marshmallow root (I also drink a cup of this mixture + oolong tea everyday)
- I include the following to all my DCs:
Approx. 1 tsp honey, 1/2 tsp Fenugreek powder paste ice cube*, ¼ tsp brahmi powder, ¼ tsp mahabhringraj powder, ¼ tsp aloe vera powder and 1 ice cube* of slippery elm tea, oil (coconut in summer or castor in winter)
- FINAL RINSE:
1 capful of ACV in 3 cups of water
Henna 1 x month.
*It may sound like multiple steps, however I prepare the fenugreek powder and slippery elm paste mixes, freeze in a plastic baggy then break into small chunks. I’m still using the batch I prepared 2 months ago.
The addition of teas has only added 5 minutes to my wash routine but has resulted in the most luxurious hair I’ve ever had with no split ends!:lick:
I look forward to trying:
Coffee rinses
Moringa powder (mainly to drink)

Nix08

Relaxed, 4B
Shifra I really like your reggie:yep: I like that you've mentioned no split ends because that is something that I've observed since introducing the ayurvedics and I didn't really believe my eyes.

naturalagain2

I put my oil mix of Amla/Brahmi/Vatika on my scalp last night and hair. I plan on washing either tonight or tomorrow.

Solila

Irish mossing as we speak!! :) I dont know why, maybe its the heat, but it smells like buttered toast.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
Even though Ms. Be A Model @Beamodel placed the Lank to her "Timely" Research, I also wanted to Post her Thread on this Topic.

It can't hurt having this Posted in Multiple Places as we Begin Our 2014 Challenge.

This Timely Information Should Inspire us and Encourage Us to perhaps branch out (no pun intended) and Try some New things or at least remain Consistent throughout the Year.

Please also Post in her Thread on this Topic as well. I cannot "Thank Her Enough" for doing this for Us.:grin:

Thank You,
Terri

http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=714053

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
(For Next Wash Day) I'll either steep a Pot of:
Burdock Root
Marshmallow Root
Nettle
Horsetail

Individually.

Not sure which one I will use yet?

IronButterfly

Still spritzing with avj/distilled water/chamomile/burdock/marshmallow root mix for the next couple of weeks before making a new batch.

DarkJoy

Bent. Not Broken.
I spent 3 hours in the emergency room last night :(

Do NOT under any circumstances get shikakai in your eyes! It is highly caustic!

That ish got in my eye and I rinsed right away. But the 30 secs was enough to cause damage. The white part of my eye began to bubble up and blister. It looked like a freaking pillow it was so swollen. So yeah, I jetted on down to the ER.

IT TOOK OFF a little of the surface layer my eye but not enough for permanent damage, thank heaven. Itsbetter today. Doc says I will be good to go in a week.

Under no circumstances should you use this on children.

Golden75

#NOMOREHAIRPRODUCTS
DarkJoy - Oh my goodness! Glad you are ok. Very scary :bighug:, but thank you for sharing. I've read don't get in you eyes but didn't think it can cause that much damage.

daviine

That ish got in my eye and I rinsed right away. But the 30 secs was enough to cause damage. The white part of my eye began to bubble up and blister. It looked like a freaking pillow it was so swollen. So yeah, I jetted on down to the ER.

IT TOOK OFF a little of the surface layer my eye but not enough for permanent damage, thank heaven. Itsbetter today. Doc says I will be good to go in a week.

So sorry to hear this DarkJoy. I'm glad there is no permanent damage. Thanks for sharing.

CodeRed

Thanks for this. I'm glad you are ok :yep: I will not be using this under any circumstances. I can get regular shampoo in my eye and be all better in less than a minute, same with my daughter. I don't need to make a special effort to be natural and end up blind :perplexed

lovelycurls

Wow, Glad you're ok! Will be excluding this herb from my regimen immediately!!

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 3 using LHCF