Coffee,Tea,ACV,AVJ & Ayurvedic Challenge 2013

toaster

I'm home for the holidays! My parents had black tea in the cabinet but no coconut milk so I'm sitting here with just tea on my hair for the next 10 minutes or so. Will top with Tresemme and oil and cowash out.

HanaKuroi

Are we using crockpots for our pastes or teas or blends?

I can't see any mentions on my IPhone. PM me if it is a must see. Allons y

myfaithrising

Added fenugreek to my prepoo and while it was great for my hair, i left it in too long and my scalp wasn't very happy. Now, im infusing coffee into some rosemary infused olive oil I had, I really hope this is a good combo, my goal is to make a pomade.

mshoneyfly

Added fenugreek to my prepoo and while it was great for my hair, i left it in too long and my scalp wasn't very happy. Now, im infusing coffee into some rosemary infused olive oil I had, I really hope this is a good combo, my goal is to make a pomade.

myfaithrising
Good luck with your pomade. Sorry about your scalp issues. My scalp always feels a little tingly when I do the fenugreek paste. It makes me feel like it might be growing new hairs :look:

I LOVE this HHJ!!

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
Doing a CAT

Coffee under Hairveda's Methi Set (Step 2) under Steamer
ACV Rinse (Hairveda)
Tea (Green Tea Celestial Seasonings)

DarkJoy

Bent. Not Broken.
Marinating in a pre-poo of fenugreek/amla oil. Wrapped it up tight with a thick thick layer of plastic wrap, durag, and a super heavy hat. Works as well as my heating cap this way.

Since I flat ironed and used cones for this last rollerset gotta shampoo. But then will use burdock/nettle/oolong and EVOO plus coconut oil under the Vatika Egg Protein Mask reconstructor (mitigating heat damage if any) then follow with AO Rose Mosqueta DC if needed. Then will chase that with a distilled water and ACV rinse.

Nix08

Relaxed, 4B
Mixed a huge batch of henna to portion out and freeze. I plan to consistently henna every 4 weeks this year!

I plan to henna tomorrow.

Did a coffee/tea rinse and a spritz after with my tea blend of shikakai/tulsi/amla/aritha.

Last edited:

Rozlewis

Mixed a huge batch of henna to portion out and freeze. I plan to consistently henna every 4 weeks this year!

I plan to henna tomorrow.

Did a coffee/tea rinse and a spritz after with my tea blend of shikakai/tulsi/amla/aritha.

Nix08, I henna every 4 weeks also. I did this consistently for the last 6 months of 2013 and plan to do it consistently through 2014. I plan to henna on Sunday evening.

Nix08

Relaxed, 4B
Rozlewis I am so in love with anything ayurvedic. My ayurvedic regimen over the last 4 months has been so good for my hair. I was a little afraid of henna but I've concluded that henna is an absolute holy grail staple for my fine strands. I've seen no splits over the last 4 months. Granted I'm sure they are there but regardless they seem nonexistent.

Rozlewis

Nix08, me too. I was afraid of it too. However, all of these ayurvedic treatments have helped me along my journey. Now, I am hooked. I have heard good things about Kalpi Tone and I purchased some while it was on sale. I plan to introduce this into my regimen as well.

I actually do a henna gloss treatment and leave it in overnight. How do you plan to do your henna treatment?

Nix08

Relaxed, 4B
Rozlewis I apply my henna and leave it in for about 4+ hours now. I will maybe graduate to overnight sometime this year.

I have heard of Kalpi tone, maybe when I feel that inevitable urge to buy something new I will pick it up:yep: How are you using the kalpi tone?

DarkJoy

Bent. Not Broken.
The scalp is once again happy. Eczema has calmed to almost nothing.

Either tomorrow or Saturday will do an Ayurvedic wash and tea rinse.

Rozlewis

Rozlewis I apply my henna and leave it in for about 4+ hours now. I will maybe graduate to overnight sometime this year.

I have heard of Kalpi tone, maybe when I feel that inevitable urge to buy something new I will pick it up:yep: How are you using the kalpi tone?

Nix08, I decided to do my Henna tomorrow instead of today so I will put it in early after I get home from spin class tomorrow. I will leave it in for about 6 hours. I need to bake 15 dozen cookies so I will have it in my hair while I bake. Later in the evening I will rinse it out. This will be my first time not leaving it in overnight.

I have not used the Kalpi Tone yet but I may alternate one month of Henna and the next Kalpi Toni but I am not sure yet. I will do some research to see how others are using it.

kxlot79

Kitchen Mixtress
So who has used beet juice/beet root in their henna mixes? What were your results? I just saw this lady on YT make a potent-looking mix. She used, I believe, Red Raj henna, hibiscus flower/powder, and beet root. I've never used beets in my henna but I'm thinking my next concoction will have some, since I have 2/3 of the ingredients.

ETA: http://youtu.be/lysPnzxPgDA

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
Did a CAT Today:
Columbian Coffee under DC'er
ACV (Hairveda)
Tea (Green Celestial Seasonings)

Will probably steep more Green for next Wash Day.