Coffee,Tea,ACV,AVJ & Ayurvedic Challenge 2013

chebaby

getting back on my ayurveda/tea/coffee thing. i only have a small amount of jar of joe left so now i gotta find something with tea or coffee in it. i also have no powders so i have to get my hands on some.

i MISS henna so very much but i cant go back. not after chopping all my hair off. but i miss the process of putting the mud on my hair and i miss how my hair felt with it. oh well.

DarkJoy

Bent. Not Broken.
@Rozlewis I am so in love with anything ayurvedic. My ayurvedic regimen over the last 4 months has been so good for my hair. I was a little afraid of henna but I've concluded that henna is an absolute holy grail staple for my fine strands. I've seen no splits over the last 4 months. Granted I'm sure they are there but regardless they seem nonexistent.
Yep yep! Henna is the bomb.

Reminds me. It's been 3 weeks. Think it's time to start defrosting the leftovers and get to it on Monday since I have nothing planned that day.

Matter of fact, I'll mix in some cocoa powder. My hair is reaaaaaallly blackity black from the indigo. Worrying that it's unnaturally black looking when indoors. Wondering if adding chocolate/reds over it will add some variation (over time) a bit... wont hurt to try.

BranwenRosewood

kxlot79

It will be my first time using hibiscus powder mixed with henna. I normally brew hibiscus petals and green tea when I henna. Hennasooq was out of red raj so I just got Rajasthani henna. I'll probably order some red raj when they are back in stock in Feb. I've never used beet root before so I'm buying some from MHR in Jan when I stock up on some other herbs.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
@chebaby

Well you gone hafta' step up your Game over here cause we don't play up in here when it comes to Coffee, Tea, Powders, Henna's, Milks & stuff.:lol:

So, you gone hafta' build up your stash to be able to hang with us in 2014.:lol:

We Serious.

chebaby

@chebaby

Well you gone hafta' step up your Game over here cause we don't play up in here when it comes to Coffee, Tea, Powders, Henna's, Milks & stuff.:lol:

So, you gone hafta' build up your stash to be able to hang with us in 2014.:lol:

We Serious.
girl my tea/coffee/powders/oils stash is EMPTY:lachen: i got nothing lmao.

first thing im going to get is powders. then i think im going to bite the bullet and order a keraveda oil:ohwell:

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
@chebaby

We Get Down over here.:lol:

So, you gone hafta' come up with somethin'.:lol:

You gone hafta' use them AV butters and claim them as your Ayurvedic.:look:

KeraVada will be a good start. Don't forget to use the Discount (if there is one).:blush:

chebaby

@chebaby

We Get Down over here.:lol:

So, you gone hafta' come up with somethin'.:lol:

You gone hafta' use them AV butters and claim them as your Ayurvedic.:look:

KeraVada will be a good start. Don't forget to use the Discount (if there is one).:blush:
:lachen::lachen: cause thats about the only ayurvedic thing i own lol.
i got some tea but dont know what to do with it:lol: i want some hard core stuff like amla, hibiscus, bringraj and stuff.

keraveda so pricey but i think im going to go ahead and order.

Nix08

Relaxed, 4B
Henna is in:yay: I made a blend of sage, rooibos and rosehip tea to dampen my hair as I applied the henna.

I will leave the henna in for about 4 hoursthen cowash and tea/coffee/oil rinse.

I portioned out the batch of henna I made last night and it came out to 9 portions:yep:

sissimpson

Henna'd for 8 hours last week. Used sleepy time tea for my liquid, and added everything my hair likes: honey, coconut milk powder, cocoa powder, and some amla infused oil. It produced a nice paste that stayed soft like a thick deep conditioner, so it was easy to wash out. Then I DC with essential wholesale's hair mask for about 40 minutes. My greys turned a nice brownish red color, and my hair is very happy.

Rozlewis

Nix08, how did the Henna come out?

I just put mine in at noon and will leave it in till 6:00PM tonight. I love that I can do housework while it does it's thing.

faithVA

I'm going to continue my tea rinses but keep it simple for now. I will use 12 oz of green tea and then add a couple cubes of the tea ice cubes I have in the freezer, whatever they may be. After I use those up which could be months :lol: I will keep the green tea as the base and add an equal amount of a different tea. At some point hopefully I will learn something.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
@faithVA

I am really liking the Green Tea Rinse.:grin:

I've used these my last 3 Tea Rinses.

I'll hafta' buy more Green Tea.:lick:

I found a few remnants tea bags in my desk at work.:look: #old.

BranwenRosewood

I applied my henna at 11:30am and I'll rinse it out at 5:30pm. My mix was:

50g Rajasthani Henna
1 tbsp Hibiscus powder
1 tbsp Brahmi powder
1 tbsp Bhringraj powder
1 tsp Honey powder
1 tsp Buttermilk powder

My water had 2 green tea bags and 1 tbsp Rosehip & Hibiscus tea.

I'm hoping to make eventually a henna mix that doesn't need a deep conditioner afterwards. I really think the honey and milk powders will help with that.

Nix08

Relaxed, 4B
Nix08, how did the Henna come out?

I just put mine in at noon and will leave it in till 6:00PM tonight. I love that I can do housework while it does it's thing.

Rozlewis It was a hit:yep: My hair felt great even as I was rinsing it out. I haven't observed the color but my hair feels excellent, smooth and strong.

How was yours?

Nix08

Relaxed, 4B
I applied my henna at 11:30am and I'll rinse it out at 5:30pm. My mix was:

50g Rajasthani Henna
1 tbsp Hibiscus powder
1 tbsp Brahmi powder
1 tbsp Bhringraj powder
1 tsp Honey powder
1 tsp Buttermilk powder

My water had 2 green tea bags and 1 tbsp Rosehip & Hibiscus tea.

I'm hoping to make eventually a henna mix that doesn't need a deep conditioner afterwards. I really think the honey and milk powders will help with that.

BranwenRosewood have you tried Nupur Henna? It has some of the herbs you've added plus others. Thats what I use with a tea blend for liquid and some grapeseed oil. I make my mix the consistency of cake batter and I don't dc after.

BranwenRosewood

Nix08

I don't use that brand because of the amla in it. I've read that amla can tighten your curl pattern and darken hair. I'm hoping henna will gradually loosen my curl pattern so I don't end up texturizing. I will start adding some oil to my henna.

BranwenRosewood

I co-washed the henna out with Natty Moist and since my hair felt a little dry as I was rinsing I decided to DC with Natty Rhassoul. I've used that 2oz sample 3 times and I still have another 1-2 uses left.

I noticed that while I was apply my henna it was really defining my curls. The consistency I normally make it is thicker than what I did today (brownie batter). I guess I finally got it right. The color I got was very subtle but I'm hoping that changes over the next few days.

I plan to use the mix I did today as a base for next 4 weeks. I plan to use coconut milk and tea as the liquid. I hope my hair like coconut milk even though it doesn't like coconut oil. To be fair, the last time I used coconut oil was when I was natural in 2012. I had bleached and colored my hair a lot so things may have changed.

Rozlewis

Rozlewis It was a hit:yep: My hair felt great even as I was rinsing it out. I haven't observed the color but my hair feels excellent, smooth and strong.

How was yours?

Nix08, I am glad to hear that it worked out great for you. These treatments are the best. Also, I have high porosity hair (some normal porosity as well) and when I had my hair analysis from Komaza Care they could tell I had been using Henna because my hair was coated but the Henna helped to close my cuticles so besides the color, strength, and conditioning benefits it also helps if you have high porosity hair. So glad I started doing these treatments.

I am sitting under my steamer right now steaming in my DC. I still have a few hours to go before I am done with this hair.

Rozlewis

Cowashed the Henna out with V05 conditioner, applied coffee under my DC, did a tea rinse, and last did an ACV rinse with cool water.

BranwenRosewood

If next weeks Coconut Milk Henna turns out good, I'm gonna add Aritha powder to Week 3's Henna so I don't have to shampoo prior to applying the henna.

DarkJoy

Bent. Not Broken.
So. In approx 4hrs the herbalist opens. They have almost every flower/plant in the known universe.

Putting blue malva on the list. Other suggestions for strength, softness and moisture, ladies? There's plenty room in my cart :grin: