coconut oil and straw-like hair

Nonie

i purchased this kind from iherb.com

is this not the right kind? it says it's for hair as well.

and by using evoo as well, should i be mixing it?

I believe that one is refined because Now Foods do make an unrefined version:

It should say unrefined, cold-pressed, virgin coconut oil on the jar, if you get the right one.

cadi

I personally find that coconut oil works best as a pre-poo treatment on dry hair. I use it on dry hair and on the scalp and do a scalp massage. Then I put a hot damp towel over it and let it soak in. But I then wash it out.

Also, are you using extra virgin oil? that may make a difference.

I use the same method and it works great for my hair but when i seal with it either on wed or dry hair my hair ends up like being straightened verrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrry straight

HoneyA

Goal:Hip length stretched
I had the same experience with coconut oil so I only use it for pre pooing or DCing on dry hair.

divachyk

Instagram: adaybyjay
I've experienced that straw-like hair using coconut oil, then I started experimenting with how I use it. I found that I when I use it right after washing and conditioning, when my hair is when, I do not experience that dry, hard, straw feeling later on.

Only when I add coconut oil to my hair after its dried is when the moisturizing effects are not evident.

So if you haven't already, try smoothing it through your wet, freshly conditioned hair.
I agree that I altered how I used evco to generate better results. If I'm heavy handed with the product, then it will make my hair hard. I use it for daily moisturizing/sealing only. I don't use it as a leave-in on wet hair. For sealing on wash day, I use kimmaytube's leave-in. I plan to try avocado oil on my next shampoo session because this oil also penetrates the strand and softens the hair.

Use it as a body moisturizer!
I love evco as a body/facial moisturizer.

I believe that one is refined because Now Foods do make an unrefined version:
It should say unrefined, cold-pressed, virgin coconut oil on the jar, if you get the right one.
How does it being unrefined and cold pressed benefit our hair/body?