coconut oil and hair shedding

dragongirlmk09

hi i recently stated using coconut oil to oil my scalp and ends of my hair is for some reason recently my hair scalp has been tingly and itches alot and my hair sheds alot the hairs shed are sometime the hair with the white ends attached and sometimes its broken off hair.

Guitarhero

Oh no! I'd stop if the bulbs are coming out. That tingly feeling might be the oil seeping into your pores. If you still wanted to try it, use less, use it warm, then massage in gentle. Don't use too much or you'll get that helmut scalp feeling. But you now what, on second thought, check your oil to see if it's fresh. What type are you using? Is it virgin or has it been processed? Might have hexane in it causing an allergic reaction.

dragongirlmk09

Oh no! I'd stop if the bulbs are coming out. That tingly feeling might be the oil seeping into your pores. If you still wanted to try it, use less, use it warm, then massage in gentle. Don't use too much or you'll get that helmut scalp feeling. But you now what, on second thought, check your oil to see if it's fresh. What type are you using? Is it virgin or has it been processed? Might have hexane in it causing an allergic reaction.

its virgin coconut oil i think am going to stop using it though because my hair has been shedding badly for a few days
a question what oils are good to oil you hair with.

RZILYNT

I had issues using it on my scalp too, lots of itching. So I only use it on the length of my hair and I have been using it since 2006. There are some products that I use on the scalp that contain some coconut oil but it is not the main ingredient and I have not had the same issues.
I agree with the other poster as well to discontinue use on the scalp.

RZ~

southerncitygirl

hi i recently stated using coconut oil to oil my scalp and ends of my hair is for some reason recently my hair scalp has been tingly and itches alot and my hair sheds alot the hairs shed are sometime the hair with the white ends attached and sometimes its broken off hair.

when the seasons change sometimes i shed more or get itchy when i get growth are you sure this isn't the reason why? otherwise you may be allergic stop using it and see what happens.