CO WASH?????

Does co washing and pre pooing really help?

• Yes, I love it

Votes: 74 77.9%
  • Don't care for it

Votes: 5 5.3%
  • No, don't see a difference

Votes: 4 4.2%
  • Don't do it

Votes: 12 12.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

precious_pup

It has been working very well for me over the past 2 years. I only wash my hair with shampoo if it looks like it is needed; otherwise I just use conditioner daily if not every other day. My hair grows like a weed and I don't have to deal with dry, dull, brittle hair.

RubyWoo

I cowashed once about 3 weeks ago and I definitely noticed a difference in my hair. However, I don't have time to keep up with regular washing once a week in a addition to cowashing so I stopped for now. I'm gonna stick to washing and deep conditioning once a week or once every two weeks depending on my hairstyle. Right now, I'm try to do low manipulation.

As for prepooing, my hair definitely agrees with it. Lately, I've been using EVOO to prepoo and I leave it on my head for about 5-6 hrs before washing my hair.

ak46

I love doing both. Pre-poo'ing helped me especially during my 6 month relaxer stretch. It detangled my hair so well. I now pre-poo with Aubrey Organics GPB (2x a month) and a hot oil treatment (2x a month)....I alternate weekly between the two. I co-wash with Suave Milk & Honey.

Golong

new to this co washing & prepooing. are you ladies air drying/hooddrying or what. I can't imaging sitting under the dryer everyday for an hour. But with the looks of my hair I guess I better make the time :)

EMJazzy

Happily retired
I have found that my hair is responding very well to my pre-poo mix of castor oil & conditioner that I leave on overnight prior to washing and DC (which I do weekly). I only co-wash in the spring/summer because it's too cold for daily cw'ing where I live.

msjazzy09

One thing I found out the hard way is that co-washes are to be done frequently on rather clean hair. I tried a co-wash once after about a week or so of using my regular products (WGO and Doo-Gro Oils on the scalp, and S-Curl Moisturizer) and.....ewww! I had to wash it right away cause it did feel really dirty and gross! But I have co-washed plenty of times before with great results.

I would say give it a try again. You've got a great product list too, I might have to "borrow" a few of those!!!

amwcah

I voted don't do it. However, after being informed about what it is, I plan to once I take out my twist. Thanks for the information ladies.

blazingthru

I love cowashing. I don't prepoo often. Way to much work for me I think, plus I get bored quickly with all the rinsing. I just co wash as often as necessary, for instance this week I did it four times. I got caught in the rain and so I had to shampoo and condition and then I got to much goop in my hair so I had to wash that out I always always followed it with a leave in conditioner and a moisturizer plus my moisturizing spray which has jojoba oil in it. Then I put buttercream on the ends. no problem, no frayed ends. which can happen if you condition wash and do nothing to seal your ends. Plus if my hair is dirty I would shampoo never condition wash it.

january noir

Sunny On a Cloudy Day
January Noir checking in again...

I LOVE CO WASHES! Along with prepoos and cowashs, my hair and scalp stays moisturized. People in my life have commented on how healthy and thick my hair looks lately. I just did one today and the results are outstanding.

loved

Can you prepoo then cowash?

I am using a mix of coconut oil and conditioner. Can I rinse that out and be done with it or do I have to go another step and shampoo or cowash without the oil?

I am a relaxed 4b and I need moisture.

Kneechay

Can you prepoo then cowash?

I am using a mix of coconut oil and conditioner. Can I rinse that out and be done with it or do I have to go another step and shampoo or cowash without the oil?

I am a relaxed 4b and I need moisture.

It's up to you, you can if you want. I did this all summer and I retained length saw growth, esp since it was hot and I needed moisture too. The thing is, if you pre-poo and don't shampoo, youll get slightly oily hair if you dont mind it. I bunned a bit and did twistouts so I didn't mine the "shine". I'd put some giovanni leave in in the morning to soak up some oil.
Alternatively, you can shampoo lightly by mixing some shampoo with conditioner and wash it out that way.