Cécred Beyoncé’s Line

Meritamen

On a happy hair journey
I like the ingredients for the alodia deep condish better than the Cécred.
Yeah, I really like the Alodia hair care line. Been using the whole line for months. The Flourishing scalp oil saved my scalp when I dyed my hair jet black and didn't do a good job rinsing all the dye out on top of the cold winter weather. My scalp was very dry and very irritated. I massaged a little bit of that oil into my scalp, problem solved.

Welp, I couldn't help the curiosity... I bought the sample sizes. If this doesn't work out, I will go right back to Alodia.

vevster

Yeah, I really like the Alodia hair care line. Been using the whole line for months. The Flourishing scalp oil saved my scalp when I dyed my hair jet black and didn't do a good job rinsing all the dye out on top of the cold winter weather. My scalp was very dry and very irritated. I massaged a little bit of that oil into my scalp, problem solved.

Welp, I couldn't help the curiosity... I bought the sample sizes. If this doesn't work out, I will go right back to Alodia.
She has sample sizes? Interesting. Update this thread with your thoughts.

Meritamen

On a happy hair journey
She has sample sizes? Interesting. Update this thread with your thoughts.
I sure will! :) There are bundle kits that come with the travel sizes. Unfortunately, they are not listed to order separately. The moisturizing sealing lotion is not included in either kit which is weird to me so that's the only thing I ordered full size.

Bette Davis Eyes

The "OG" Product Junkie

awhyley

@Bette Davis Eyes, you always bring the goods. I haven't seen a SheRa review in a minute, but knew that she would be ON IT. Thanks for posting.

Bette Davis Eyes

The "OG" Product Junkie

HealthyHair2020

I just finished watching her review. The only thing I'm really intrigued about is the moisturizing shampoo.

Black Ambrosia

I’m impressed with her marketing. She clearly refined her approach with those ivy park celeb gifts. Now she’s got her celeb friends giving testimonials and demonstrating the products. Holly Robinson Peete was more persuasive than anything else I’d seen about this line.

LushLox

I wonder why Beyonce doesn't take more of a hands on approach. If she did videos of her using the products (or someone using them on her) more people get to see her hair and will, in essence, have more confidence in buying the products.

That is the difference between her and Rihanna, the latter has little clips all over her website and YT of Rihanna actually using her own products. This is what people want to see, it's really very effective marketing and encourages consumer buy-in.

I guess Beyonce is such a big name that she doesn't feel that she needs to.

larry3344

I wonder why Beyonce doesn't take more of a hands on approach. If she did videos of her using the products (or someone using them on her) more people get to see her hair and will, in essence, have more confidence in buying the products.

That is the difference between her and Rihanna, the latter has little clips all over her website and YT of Rihanna actually using her own products. This is what people want to see, it's really very effective marketing and encourages consumer buy-in.

For such a popular star, her personal brand is extremely lacking. There is no reason why her product lineup should not be successful, but she is just not very involved. Maybe she doesn't want her products to be too attached her name and want it to shine on it's own. But it's clearly not working.

Black Ambrosia

I wonder if there’s some insecurity behind it. She thrives on stage but not really anywhere else. When she was younger people used to criticize her speaking voice a lot. I remember this as recently as the lion king movie though maybe that was more of a criticism of her vocal acting. I’m not saying she’s insecure but it makes me wonder.

Also, I definitely think someone convinced her years ago that her acting may have been hurting her brand. So maybe she’s being strategic about how closely she associates herself with these businesses she’s starting.

greight

This is a great point. Rihanna does use her products openly

If Beyonce had her mom do her hair with her hair products, more people would interested I am sure. For me, this seems like a line she is vouching for but doesn't really use.

Bette Davis Eyes

The "OG" Product Junkie

Theresamonet

I agree with y’all. I would like to see her be excited about her own products, but it’s always just… here y'all go. lol

Like, what happened to the perfume?? I saw ONE video of her holding the bottle talking about it. Haven’t seen her with it since.

She’s wasting all these cute Cé names for nothing.

Meritamen

On a happy hair journey
I have used some of the products twice now so it's time for an initial review. I purchased the sample kits since this brand is pricey. Both times that I have used these products I blow dried my hair afterward.

Some details about my hair... I have 4b medium to fine strands and low porosity that is dyed jet black. I prefer to wear my hair lightly blow dried. My scalp is naturally sensitive and dry.

Clarifying Shampoo & Scalp Scrub and Hydrating Shampoo
I enjoy doing double shampooing before trying this brand so I like that this is an option. Both shampoos feel good in my hands but the Hydrating Shampoo feels luxurious. Both shampoos suds up which I like. Both were easy to rinse out and there was no grit left in my hair from the Clarifying Shampoo. A little goes a long way.
I would purchase a full size of both shampoos.

Reconstructing Treatment Mask
I tried the Reconstructing Treatment Mask under a hair steamer the first time and under a shower cap wrapped in a towel the second time. My hair soaks up this product. It makes my hair feel stronger but not hard. I feel that I need a moisturizing deep conditioner after using this product both times.
I would purchase a full size of this.

Moisturizing Deep Conditioner
I feel that this product is misnamed because this did not moisturize my hair at all. Strengthening Deep Conditioner would be a better name.
I used this after using the reconstructing mask and feel that this conditioner further strengthened my hair instead of providing moisture. Like the reconstructing mask this deep conditioner is soaked up by my hair. I would like to try this out without having done a treatment beforehand to see what happens.
Doubt I would purchase a full size. Hopefully, the Hydrating Conditioner will be better for my needs.

Moisture Sealing Lotion
I haven't used this enough to say much about it. This is the only product I bought as full-size because it is not included in either of the sample kits. All of the products have the same scent which does smell nice. I am sensitive to scents so I would have preferred a candle that smells like these products instead of the product themselves being scented.
Also the scent in this lotion lingers and, personally, I don't want to walk around smelling like this product or having to smell it when I sleep or turn my head.
Even if this product turns out to work well for my hair I would not repurchase because of the scent.

Nourishing Hair Oil
This is a lightweight oil. The stopper keeps me from pouring out too much which is nice. I really had to shake the bottle to get a few drops. I like that it is light and doesn't feel oily on the hair.
I would purchase this again.

I'm looking forward to trying the Fermented Rice & Rose Protein Ritual treatment. The kit only comes with one treatment so for now I'm saving it.

vevster

I’m good with my OurX line. Similar concept clarifying then hydrating poo then a deep conditioner. I was trialing this along with Sienna Naturals. SN left my hair dry! My hair has tremendous moisture and is in great shape. Especially in the back where it gets dry and brittle.

Theresamonet

The video we’ve all been waiting for:

BonBon88

This line is actually really good imho! Have all the products but have yet to use the rice water/rose (sp?) ritual. The products expand with water (shampoos, treatments and deep conditioner), so a little definitely goes a long way. My first time using the shampoos, treatment and deep conditioner, my hair felt so light, fluffy and smooth! The softness is great as well. Very warm-scented with musky notes (oud) that lasts in the hair. Overall 9/10 for me. I switch between using Cécred and my usual go-to products (I haven't mixed them though so no comment on that).

LushLox

The video we’ve all been waiting for:

Thanks for this.

I'm glad she did this, it can only help her brand.