Which Hair Line?

back2relaxed

Ladies:

Inspired by JennDazzler's thread regarding 1 product line. I want to use 1 line for 6 months, to see what hpapens. Over the course of my 2.5 year hair journey, I have jumped all over the place. My hair has grown and is healthy, but I still would like to see if I can benefit from consistent use of great products. Which line do you think overall would give me the best results. The only items I would use not in the lines would be my clarifying shampoo(Suave Daily Clarifying) and my protein(Aphogee 2 Min). Other than that, I would solely use the one line, for DC, Shampoo, Con, and Leave In.

I'm considering the following lines:

Keracare, Mizani, Design Essentials, Nairobi

I'm relaxed with Mizani at the Salon, every 10-12 weeks.

KhandiB

Im going to do it too, use one line for 6 months... but I cant use the relaxer of the line I prefer.. Motions ...

back2relaxed

Yeah there will be a few items with any line that you will have to substitute for. I'm making a list of products now. So far Keracare seems to have the most comprehensive line, on to research Design Essentials.

Which line are you leaning towards KhandiB?

KhandiB

Motions will probably be it .. But Im also thinking about Garnier, Elasta QP

Im a Cheapie and these are my fave lines. Will also supplement with a Protein and a clarifying shampoo if I dont choose motions. It has one of the most complete lines along with Elasta QP for cheapies like me :)

back2relaxed

Looks like Keracare is the winner. If anyone has any thoughts on Mizani vs. Keracare, I'd love to hear. Nairobi, is too difficult to purchase. Design Essentials, is missing some pieces to my hair regimen puzzle!

MummysGirl

Keracare is an OK line (don't use it anymore only the Super Reconstructor) but I don't like their moisturisers at all.

Keracare Hydrating Detangling Shampoo - GOOD
Keracare Humecto Creme Conditioner - GOOD moisturising DC
Keracare Dry & Itch Scalp Conditioner - I don't like it, to me it's nowhere as good as Humecto
Keracare Oil moisturiser - Don't like it

Here in the UK, we have Keracare Super Reconstructor which is a hard protein - GOOD

back2relaxed

Keracare is an OK line (don't use it anymore only the Super Reconstructor) but I don't like their moisturisers at all.

Keracare Hydrating Detangling Shampoo - GOOD
Keracare Humecto Creme Conditioner - GOOD moisturising DC
Keracare Dry & Itch Scalp Conditioner - I don't like it, to me it's nowhere as good as Humecto
Keracare Oil moisturiser - Don't like it

Here in the UK, we have Keracare Super Reconstructor which is a hard protein - GOOD

Thanks for the reviews MummysGirl...I think I'm gonna go on my lunchbreak and find the products....starting on my next wash I'll be a Keracare user for the next 6 months! Have you tried the moisturizer in the little pot, instead of the bottle?

back2relaxed

Motions will probably be it .. But Im also thinking about Garnier, Elasta QP

Im a Cheapie and these are my fave lines. Will also supplement with a Protein and a clarifying shampoo if I dont choose motions. It has one of the most complete lines along with Elasta QP for cheapies like me :)

I have been using some Elasta in my products...DPR-11, Recovery Oil, Mango Butter(of course), and Intense.

Garnier, I haven't tried at all.

Motions I used to use a lot back in the day. It is very cost effective, like the Elasta. Off to compare Motions and Elasta!

SherylsTresses

I'm a true KeraCare girl !!! :lick: I agree I don't like the moisturizer either. I use Nexxus Humectin as my daily moisturizer on dry hair.

back2relaxed

I just went out at lunch and bought the shampoo for color treated hair(I just got highlights), Humecto(but I might take it back and switch it for the Intensive Restorative Masque), and the Creme Hairdress. We shall see how this goes.

JayAnn0513

I make 30 look good!
If I could only use one line I think it would be Silk Elements. I have yet to find a bad product from them. Including the relaxer which I used to to to texlax.

back2relaxed

I had forgotten about them, until a moment ago. I have used their luxury moisturizing shampoo and con...and loved them both. They make the hair feel soo silky.

back2relaxed

BUMPING>>>>>

I've been doing this now for about a month...so far so good. My hair is more moisturized and silkier as well. Has anyone else started using on product line???

I really haven't used Keracare, but I love mizani, I think I might do that, but I'mma use a hair growth line first for a while and then switch over to Mizani or Keracare. I'm going to use Gro-Aut line and see what kind of results I get, but I think Keracare or Mizani is good..........

spicypeppermint

I'd have to say Keracare. I used the Mizani line religiously and it worked alright until I started with the Keracare Leave in and ever since I switched over to Keracare exclusively. I know it's expensive but I got a great deal from a online beauty store. I got over 12 products for $142.

leigh.hill

I was a KeraCare die-hard fanatic for YEARS until LHCF. I will still always use the shampoo (sulfate-free version) and dry/itchy scalp conditioners. I too am not crazy about the moisturizers or setting lotion. Some of the moisturizers contain mineral oil so I put them aside, but I like the idea of product line consistency.

back2relaxed

I agree...although I keep "stocking up" on cheapie conditioners for the summer...

My hair has responded well to the Keracare. I have a nice stash, thanks to JCPenney, so we shall see if the benefits continue.

Barbie83

I would suggest Mizani, their moisture DC's are to DIE for :lovedrool:

Plus you're using Mizani relaxer already......