Castor oil softens new growth?

akgirl

Hi Ladies,

I have been reading a lot about castor oil but I am still not clear on one thing. For one, I know that when it's on your hair, yes your new growth can feel softer and grow faster. But what about the resulting new growth? Is it softer and stronger, without actually having castor oil on it after it grows? I'm not interested in a bunch of new growth if it's going to be thick and unmanageable...thick and soft would be ideal :) I'm looking to hear from long term cold-pressed castor oil users (preferably 4b's) that put it on their roots.

Thanks in advance for your input!

Neith

Nah, it doesn't affect the actual texture at all. My hair is very coarse and nothing will ever make it truly "soft". Soft for me is probably hard as heck to most :lol:

It's a great sealant and very good for the scalp though. :up:

AVE One

Hi Ladies,

I have been reading a lot about castor oil but I am still not clear on one thing. For one, I know that when it's on your hair, yes your new growth can feel softer and grow faster. But what about the resulting new growth? Is it softer and stronger, without actually having castor oil on it after it grows? I'm not interested in a bunch of new growth if it's going to be thick and unmanageable...thick and soft would be ideal :) I'm looking to hear from long term cold-pressed castor oil users (preferably 4b's) that put it on their roots.

Thanks in advance for your input!

The resulting new growth for me seems stronger but not necessarily softer. I will say that I used the cold-pressed castor oil in the past and I didn't notice anything, but when I switched to JBCO that is when I my new hair seemed stronger. Also, the shine is unbelievable and my hair appears to be growing in darker.

akgirl

Thanks for the input so far, I'm totally ok with the new growth being of the same texture, just as long as it isn't getting harder.

MizzCoco

Do you all mask the smell of JBCO with anything? Do you use it on your scalp and hair?
I just started using JBCO, i dont find the smell bad at all. I use it on my scalp and ends, and it absorbs quickly and leaves my new growth pretty soft. I was using the regular refined kind for a few weeks and it really didnt do much as far as softness goes. It actually made my hair feel weird after a while, but maybe I was using too much

panamoni

Do you all mask the smell of JBCO with anything? Do you use it on your scalp and hair?

I don't mask the smell. It really goes away after about 10min.

I mostly use it on my hair to seal, but I use it on the scalp around my edges and nape regularly, and occasionally on my entire scalp (I don't do this often because it's so think and takes longer).

ElegantElephant

Thanks for your responses Fullypersuaded7and panamoni!!! I live in Charlotte and just found a place that sells the JBCO. I plan to pick up some tomorrow!!

charmtreese

I add rosemary eo to my castor oil and apply it to my NG and it makes it really soft. I have fine 4b hair and have been using castor oil for years.

BrooklynSouth

I need to con-poo or regular poo more often when using castor oil or aloe..dust is magnetic to my hair. I hate the gummyness.

Raine054

I used castor oil this week and though my hair feels softer it has nothing on Extra Virgin Olive Oil.

EVOO makes my hair sooooo soft that when I pre poo my hair almost feels wet. I know it's weird... And it makes my new growth is stronger and healthier.

I can't say softer (for castor or EVOO) because that to me depends on what products you are using at the time.

I was expecting better results from Castor oil but now I know what works for me.

addaboutmyhair

I use castor oil in my leave in spray (along with aloe vera juice and vitamin e oil). It makes my hair and new growth amazingly soft.

mrzcrane

Hello ladies! Im a newcomer and dont have all the lingo down yet but I am interested in finding out how do I figure out what my hair type is...Thanks!