Can we stomach another challenge. The Viviscal &/or Nioxin challenge

Andreainnis

Im in and Im so excited! Im also taking formula 37:grin: and I would love to see how the ladies who are taking both of these are progressing!

MiWay

(sigh)

:sekret: I'm in...

I just ordered 1 box to see how my system reacts. If I can make it 30 days, I will order a 6-month supply.

Has anyone experienced any side effects?

jtsupanova

$50 for some dayum vitamins I was trying to but I can't get with this!
I pay less than 50 dollars for all of my Vitamins and I take four used to take five still did not pay that much

I hope you ladies have great results (you better for all of that money)

MzOptimistic

I ordered the viviscal today and will begin taking them Dec.29 -June 29. I have been taking nioxin for 5 months and I get good results so I hope adding viviscal will give me even better results:p

Last edited:

Soul♥Flower

I'm in I started taking nioxin on Dec. 18th. I may take viviscal too but $50 is too much for me to be spending on one vitamin right now. Maybe after I finish my nioxin.

OT: The multi-vitamins I'm taking are actually giving me the most growth, I'm hoping the combination will give even better results b/c right now I feel like I have hair pouring out of my scalp!:lol:
Now maybe this combo will have my hair growing an 5 inches every day....:lachen:(just thinking about co-workers reactions in this imaginary situation...remember that doll that had a crank in her back, and when you truned it hair would pour out of her scalp:lachen:)

Lisa

tsmith said:
Here's a website that lists the ingredients: http://www.viviscalhair.com/tablets.htm#ingredients

In case you didn't see this part, it's on the website too:

WARNING: Viviscal is not recommended for people allergic to fish, seafood, fish products or acerola (vitamin C). If an allergic reaction occurs, it is recommended that you consult your physician. It should also be noted that patients with a condition of greasy seborrheic dermatitis should refrain from taking Viviscal until their dermatitis is cured

Well I guess I can't take Viviscal. I'll do the Nioxin challenge but I probably can't start until Jan 15. Unless I can buy Nioxin from the store and not online?

MzOptimistic

Lisa said:
Well I guess I can't take Viviscal. I'll do the Nioxin challenge but I probably can't start until Jan 15. Unless I can buy Nioxin from the store and not online?

Nope, you can't take viviscal because of the shell fish but hey nioxin is VERY good also and you will see good results if you take two...see we're just greedy that's all:p

Tee

tsmith said:
I ordered the viviscal today and will begin taking them Dec.29 -June 29. I have been taking nioxin for 5 months and I get good results so I hope adding viviscal will give me even better results:p

You know you have to keep me updated Tsmith. :)

lana

I just wanted to mention that I started up on Nioxin again after a month off and it makes me really sleepy. I take one after lunch and one after dinner and I get so sleepy that it's not even funny. I think it's the B vitamins making me loopy (relaxes the nervous system) - anyways I'm sleepy right now and I just know it's the Nioxin.

I hope this stuff works because I don't want to be falling asleep at my desk and not get any results! I've been taking this since July. I'm getting about 1 inch per month so far, which is great, because normal growth for me is a half inch per month (if that!).

Lana

SUPER SWEET

Just ordered my first box :grin: :grin: let's see if 07 can be the armpit year...;)
Is anyone using the lotion too? If so, what is it like?
Can i take biotin and pre-natal with this as well? i dont want to OD on vitamins :look:

Last edited:

Edie

For all of you who are taking visviscal, try taking extra acerola with it. My girl friend is doing that and she is getting phenomenal growth even after two months. It may have something to do with vitamin C improving blood circulation. She has some chewable ones that she got from Wholefoods (she's a wholefoods fan like me). She takes the one from twinlab I believe (500 mg per tablet). She takes one with her morning and one with her evening dosages. Her hair growth and skin (glow of health) is improving immensely.

PrincessDiva

Edie said:
For all of you who are taking visviscal, try taking extra acerola with it. My girl friend is doing that and she is getting phenomenal growth even after two months. It may have something to do with vitamin C improving blood circulation. She has some chewable ones that she got from Wholefoods (she's a wholefoods fan like me). She takes the one from twinlab I believe (500 mg per tablet). She takes one with her morning and one with her evening dosages. Her hair growth and skin (glow of health) is improving immensely.

Thanks for the tip! I`ll be trying that!:D

Edie

PrincessDiva said:
Thanks for the tip! I`ll be trying that!:D

She is getting over one inch per month. I started taking extra acerola two weeks ago and my head started itching a couple of days later. She said that her head itches too. I wash my hair and scalp every three days so I know it is not dirt and I condition wash all the time, so I know my scalp is not dry. I also started massaging my scalp for five minutes each day. I wonder if between the acerola and the head massages my blood circulation in my scalp is going up?

MzOptimistic

I just wanted to share my results with the nioxin/viviscal challenge. I have been taking nioxin for 5 months and added viviscal going on 4 weeks this coming friday (have 6 viviscal pills left in my first box)...anyway...I am 7 weeks post relaxer and I tell ya I have NEVER had this much growth before. I usually try to stretch my relaxers to 10 weeks been trying to stretch to 12 weeks but haven't made it yet..anyway back on topic....I usually stretch my relaxers to 10 weeks but as I stated I am 7 weeks post and this newgrowth is thick, thick, thick, it's mad krazy in a good way:p I have soooooo much newgrowth that I am very tempted to relax next week at 8 weeks but I really want to try to make it to atleast 10 weeks maybe 11....My newgrowth is very soft, manageable, and moisturized. I just don't like to work with it when it get like this even though I wear a bun with my ends baggie...what I am going to do to stretch to atleast 10 weeks is cowash every other day and then do my weekly deep condition at the end of the week. I normally co wash in the warmer months but this newgrowth is kicking in BIG TIME...sorry my post is long but just thought I would share...oh I ordered some msm powder too and hopefully I will be able to take it without any major side effects..sawwwy for the long post:)

Last edited:

LondonDiva

tsmith said:
I just wanted to share my results with the nioxin/viviscal challenge. I have been taking nioxin for 5 months and added viviscal going on 4 weeks this coming friday (have 6 viviscal pills left in my first box)...anyway...I am 7 weeks post relaxer and I tell ya I have NEVER had this much growth before. I usually try to stretch my relaxers to 10 weeks been trying to stretch to 12 weeks but haven't made it yet..anyway back on topic....I usually stretch my relaxers to 10 weeks but as I stated I am 7 weeks post and this newgrowth is thick, thick, thick, it's mad krazy in a good way:p I have soooooo much newgrowth that I am very tempted to relax next week at 8 weeks but I really want to try to make it to atleast 10 weeks maybe 11....My newgrowth is very soft, manageable, and moisturized. I just don't like to work with it when it get like this even though I wear a bun with my ends baggie...what I am going to do to stretch to atleast 10 weeks is cowash every other day and then do my weekly deep condition at the end of the week. I normally co wash in the warmer months but this newgrowth is kicking in BIG TIME...sorry my post is long but just thought I would share...oh I ordered some msm powder too and hopefully I will be able to take it without any major side effects..sawwwy for the long post:)

Thanks for the update TS. I'm so mad I ordered a few days before my Viviscal ran out with a UK company and the bastids only delivered on Friday so I've been off it for 3 weeks, although still taking my Nioxin. I'm extending my Viviscal for another month past June but still posting my results in June. I'm still in the process of getting the Viviscal wholesale and selling them on cheaper too. So don't worry I'm still on that. I refuse to pay £40 a month for this stuff.

MzOptimistic

LondonDiva said:
Thanks for the update TS. I'm so mad I ordered a few days before my Viviscal ran out with a UK company and the bastids only delivered on Friday so I've been off it for 3 weeks, although still taking my Nioxin. I'm extending my Viviscal for another month past June but still posting my results in June. I'm still in the process of getting the Viviscal wholesale and selling them on cheaper too. So don't worry I'm still on that. I refuse to pay £40 a month for this stuff.

man, that sucks waiting that long for your oder to be delivered and yes keep us posted on the viviscal wholesale:)

MzOptimistic

LondonDiva said:
TS how much are you currently paying for your Viviscal monthly?

$46 with free shipping. I ordered two bottles when the challenge first started for me Dec. 29. I will buy two boxes at a time.

Iluvsmuhgrass

I'm sooooo slacking with the vitamins. Since I had my tonsils removed I haven't been in the mood to eat because of a sore throat..... and this is like the third week. :( I'm going to try to have at it again because I know I need all the nutrients I can get.

tijay

Alright...so this month has been a rough one for me. Once I got sick that threw my daily vitamin regiment off. I'm down to my last box of Viviscal (I only bought a 3 mo supply) and I'm tempted to stop taking them...too expensive. On the flip side I wanna see what results I get if I stick it out for 6 months...what's a girl to do??? I'm definetely sticking with my Nioxxin but Viviscal I'm not sure about.

Anyone else with updates?

MiWay

I'm finishing up my second box, and I won't be buying more...because of the price. I will continue with Nioxin until I run out.

LaNecia

tsmith said:
$46 with free shipping. I ordered two bottles when the challenge first started for me Dec. 29. I will buy two boxes at a time.

I'm doing the same thing. I'm committed to 6 months and we'll see after that. I've been only taking them for 2 weeks so it's too early to say.

So far, since I started taking the Nioxin in December, I've not missed a dose/day. I started the Viviscal around the 13th of Feb so I've been on those about 2 weeks so far. Too early to tell for sure but I did a retouch on 2/13 and behind my left hear I have a patch of new growth that's showing new growth already. :shocked: I wish the rest were doing that but oh well, I'll take what I can get! :yep:

Thanks TSmith for answering my MANY pm's about the viviscal! :kiss:

hothair

Is it too late too join this? I'm half way through my second pack of viviscal I'm taking it with Acerola C, flaxseed oil, Biotin, Perfectil Skin Hair Nails and MSM. I've stocked up a six month supply and will check in periodically.

I don't know whether it's the viviscal or my topical growth potions but i think i'm seeing some good growth:yep:

LaNecia

I'm finishing up my first box of viviscal tomorrow. The second should be here today.

So far I have about 3/4" in the back nape area, 1/2" pretty much every where else. The hair line seems to grow the slowest, I have 1/4" in most places around the face.

The growth seems to be picking up a bit. I'm about 4 weeks post retouch so this is really good progress! It seems to speed up on its own around week 6 so I think the best is yet to come!

The texture of my hair is MUCH softer, in the crown it's VERY difficult to tell what's relaxed and what's not save for a slight wave pattern and color difference. The nape and sides have a very soft curl pattern.

Haven't missed a single dose of anything yet (Ultra Hair (1), Acerola (3), Bamboo Silica (1), 3-6-9 EFAs (3), Nioxin (2), Viviscal, Flax (2), Biotin (2) & JP+), consistency hopefully will pay off.

MzOptimistic

I'm on my third box of viviscal and to be honest with yall, I don't know what's growing my hair but as Vixxen stated my hair is wayyyyy softer and it is kinda hard to really feel my ng but the ng is difinitely there it just feels softer but thicker than the relaxed hair. I don't have kinky bugs around my temple and nape area anymore and my hair is defintely growing faster. I don't measure my ng, I just wait until I relax and see the progress that way. I take 2 nixon, 2 viviscal, 1 biotin (5mcg), 1 flaxseed oil, 1 EPO, 2 bamboo silica, 1 Acerola, 1 b50, 1 multi-vitamin and msm powder rarely (whenever I feel like it):grin: and yep something's pushing this hair out faster:grin: