NIOXIN/VIVISCAL COMBINATION - Is it working?

Edie

I know a lot of you ladies are using nioxin recharge vitamins and viviscal together. I know the nioxin vitamins work (I use them myself). Is the combo giving you an extra kick. My girl friend uses both and her hair is slamming. She will be bra length by summers end I bet. And her hair was Hal Berry short last year. She's a little past shoulder length now. She on her third bottle of viviscal. She's been taking the nioxin since last spring.

angie10

Don't come in here promoting vitamins:lol: I just had the hardest time narrowing my vitamin to a few. I only take the nioxin and a multi, but now the junkie in me is acting up again. All I can see on your post is *your friends hair is slamming*:lachen: I'm so not giving in:D

Edie

angie10 said:
Don't come in here promoting vitamins:lol: I just had the hardest time narrowing my vitamin to a few. I only take the nioxin and a multi, but now the junkie in me is acting up again. All I can see on your post is *your friends hair is slamming*:lachen: I'm so not giving in:D

Sorry, I didn't mean to tempt you. I just read a while back that a lot of people were doing the nioxin/viviscal combo and was wandering if their hair was growining as fast as my girlfriends'. I am taking the nioxin myself.

angie10

Edie said:
Sorry, I didn't mean to tempt you. I just read a while back that a lot of people were doing the nioxin/viviscal combo and was wandering if their hair was growining as fast as my girlfriends'. I am taking the nioxin myself.

Yeah a lot of people are doing that, hopefully they will reply soon:)

devans005

I've been taking Nioxin/Viviscal. I'm finishing up my fourth box. I also take MSM, Amino Fuel, Horsetail, MultiVitamin, Omegas, Iron, Vitamin C, and Spirinual(sp?). I get about a inch a month. I'm not impressed for paying $200 for four boxes of Viviscal. I wanted to try it for at least 6 months but I'm not sure if I want to come out of pocket for another $100. When the box is gone, I plan to stop taking Viviscal. Plus I plan to wean off these other pills as well because I've nearly choke to death three times already. I have three more bottle of Nioxin (90 day supply) to finish and I take two day. I'll continue with that and MSM. I believe MTG, Lenzi Request and Fallon's MN recipe is what is really contributing to my 1 inch a month growth anyway! I hope this is helpful.

MzOptimistic

I have been taking nioxin for almost 6 months and those are some very good vitamins and is what got me from shoulder length to armpit. I just added viviscal to the mix about 3 weeks ago. I have alot of newgrowth and I will be 7 weeks post this coming friday and from the looks of my newgrowth, I am very impressed so far. I will continue to take viviscal along with nioxin for 6 months and if I see good growth/faster growth. I will drop nioxin and continue to take viviscal along with my other vitamins. I want to have viviscal in my system for 6 months before I let my beloved nioxin go but so far so good;)

Last edited:

AllyMD

I have taken both since about July of 2006. I take 2 of Nioxin a day, and only one of Viviscal since I have taken it for six months already. I also take 2 of sicila a day. Since I have begun transitioning (June 2006), I have grown between 4-6 inches depending on the section of my hair. I don't mind taking them both, but--as I am sure that you know--viviscal can be expensive. If you don't mind the price, go for it. If you do, stick with the nioxin and I think you can survive without the viviscal.

Edie

walkerca said:
I have taken both since about July of 2006. I take 2 of Nioxin a day, and only one of Viviscal since I have taken it for six months already. I also take 2 of sicila a day. Since I have begun transitioning (June 2006), I have grown between 4-6 inches depending on the section of my hair. I don't mind taking them both, but--as I am sure that you know--viviscal can be expensive. If you don't mind the price, go for it. If you do, stick with the nioxin and I think you can survive without the viviscal.

You need to add extra acerola to your daily intake also. It will improve the absorption of your vitamins and especially the viviscal. I think that is one of the reasons my girlfriend is having such great results and so quickly.

cicilypayne

Edie said:
You need to add extra acerola to your daily intake also. It will improve the absorption of your vitamins and especially the viviscal. I think that is one of the reasons my girlfriend is having such great results and so quickly.

Hey Edie what's that.. a vitamin ? Where do you get it from?

Edie

cicilypayne said:
Hey Edie what's that.. a vitamin ? Where do you get it from?

Acerola is one of the ingredients in viviscal. It is form of vitamins C. One of the best apparently. It aids in absorption of the marine complex. At least that is what I read on some website. My girlfriend started taking extra Acerola (twinlabs brand - 500 mg each) when she started using viviscal. She's the one who told me about it. Her head started itching like crazy the first week she started taking them and that's when her hair really took off. I started taking them (acerola) 3 weeks ago and my head starting itching also and guess what I checked and I got a growth spurt. That is not uncommon for me. But I just got one in November of last year. They don't usually come together so close. I think the acerola is helping with the absorption of my vitamins and improving the circulation to my scalp. The twinlabs brand is not bad at all. It is a quarter tablet that you chew. It actually taste pretty good. Like an orange fizz.

growinglong777

Thanks Edie, I may have to try this also. I am taking some of the Cocoon Nutrition supplements also, and may add this to my regime. I need the growth spurts. How many of the acerola do you take a day?

Edie

growinglong777 said:
Thanks Edie, I may have to try this also. I am taking some of the Cocoon Nutrition supplements also, and may add this to my regime. I need the growth spurts. How many of the acerola do you take a day?

I take two per day. One in the evening when I take the majority of my vitamins. Another in the morning when I take my second nioxin and my B vitamins.

P

peacefulstrength

Edie said:
Acerola is one of the ingredients in viviscal. It is form of vitamins C. One of the best apparently. It aids in absorption of the marine complex. At least that is what I read on some website. My girlfriend started taking extra Acerola (twinlabs brand - 500 mg each) when she started using viviscal. She's the one who told me about it. Her head started itching like crazy the first week she started taking them and that's when her hair really took off. I started taking them (acerola) 3 weeks ago and my head starting itching also and guess what I checked and I got a growth spurt. That is not uncommon for me. But I just got one in November of last year. They don't usually come together so close. I think the acerola is helping with the absorption of my vitamins and improving the circulation to my scalp. The twinlabs brand is not bad at all. It is a quarter tablet that you chew. It actually taste pretty good. Like an orange fizz.

Where can you get it from?

angie10

I take the GNC Ester-C, it's chewable and taste like orange also. I love the taste, but they're going to discountinue it:mad: I'm probably going to look into the one you're talking about. Ester-C is another powerful source of vitamin C, and I did buy about 7 jars from GNC:grin:

Edie

addydoll said:
Where can you get it from?

I picked mine up at Whole Fooods. Ninety tablets for $14.99. You can get it cheaper at the Vitaminshop. That's where I am going next time.

Edie

walkerca said:
So, can any vitamin c work? What is it about Acerola that makes it so poerful?

We have been using acerola because that is what is listed in the Viviscal. And according to one of the websites, I read that the acerola helped in the absorption of the other ingredients. I don't know if another form of vitamin c would work.

baby42

thanks about the vit c cause i take nioxin only cant spend$$ on viviscal lol yet so may be the vit c will help with the nioxin:)

Nice & Wavy

Vitamin C does help the intestines to absorb other vitamins better, but you also have to add zinc too. They work very well together.

baby42

thanks you zine :eek: just when i thought i was cutting down on takeing so many vit:lol: any one know of a good multi vit because the one i take is a liquid and i cant stand the taste any more

Last edited: