Can I claim BSL or is my bra up too high?

Lucie

Dancin' on sunshine!
I am confused. My hair is longer than yours and I am still not claiming BSL. Your bra does look pretty low IMHO.

Nonie

I am confused. My hair is longer than yours and I am still not claiming BSL. Your bra does look pretty low IMHO.

Lucie, you could have a longer neck or torso than she, or her bra straps may be thicker than yours. Which is why comparing yourself with someone else or even using clothes instead of body parts will throw you off. It's just best to gauge your own progress against your own body parts because no two people are exactly proportioned so someone with the same growth rate may reach milestones before another.

Also perception can be misleading. If you saw 18 inch hair on a 6 foot tall lady and then saw it on a 4' 11" lady, you'd think the shorter lady had longer hair. She may be able to claim a lower milestone though and that would be the truth. The taller lady may just be far behind in claiming her milestone but it would not change the fact that her hair was long too.

luckiestdestiny

Your hair is pretty long either way. Are you tall?

Height doesn't matter with exception of those 5'11 and over and those 5'2 or shorter. At extreme ends the torso is shortened or lengthened. Height is usually in the legs unless you have a long torso. We did a measure thread of the height and unless you are super tall.or super short most people had the same distance to go. I am 5'4 almost 55 and had the same length to.go (give or take half an inch) after measuring and posting results as a person who was 5'9 because we both had average torsos.

irisak

Height doesn't matter with exception of those 5'11 and over and those 5'2 or shorter. At extreme ends the torso is shortened or lengthened. Height is usually in the legs unless you have a long torso. We did a measure thread of the height and unless you are super tall.or super short most people had the same distance to go. I am 5'4 almost 55 and had the same length to.go (give or take half an inch) after measuring and posting results as a person who was 5'9 because we both had average torsos.

I think height might play a part. My best friend is 5' 11" and I'm 5'1". When she wears a 22" weave it's somewhere between mbl and wsl. On me it's between hl and tbl.

belleama

@irisak you just proved the point @Luckistdestiny. Both you and your best friend are outside of the limits of what she was saying height would not matter. :ohwell:

luckiestdestiny

I agree.

OP, one of the secrets to getting accurate comparisons is to wear your hair the same way and pose the same way at the same spot and have camera at the same spot so that you can get images that are comparable.

Here are your photos side to side (Jan 2013, Nov 2012) respectively:

Because you didn't stretch your hair with your hand in Nov 2012, a fair comparison would be to wear your hair the same way and not stretch it.

Also as someone once posted, unless your hair is natural and in it's shrunken state, stretching hair (which has elasticity as part of its characteristic) isn't an accurate representation of your hair. When your hair is straight, it will fall where it will...so if you keep all images the same, then you will get a more accurate picture of where your hair is.

Also, notice that by reaching back to stretch your hair, you hunched up your left shoulder, so your bra is higher on that side and not horizontal as in the November photo where you stayed straight.

I don't do this to burst your bubble but just to help you better gauge your progress. Coz if you get the wrong impression because of a different pose, then in the next two months, you'll be shattered because you will appear to have not had any progress when you look at your hair and find it is really where you thought it was the last time you looked, only coz that next time you posed right.

BTW, many of us do not use BSL because it's subject to so many errors like as shown in the image below. (Also the style of bra can change the height of the strap in the back again giving for a bad comparison if you don't wear the same bra.)

So we use below shoulder blade (BSB) as the milestone after APL and before MBL.

Yes bsb seems to be the easiest most accurate measure.

ManeStreet

I use "bsl". Waist length... Hip length.. it really isnt an exact science. The easiest 1 to tell is probably armpit.