BSL/Waist length ladies - how tall are you?

FlowerHair

Reclaiming my time
Re: APL/BSL/Waist length ladies - how tall are you?

I have a medium length torso and I'm 5'5 I think (165 cm).

Puddles

On Cloud 9
I'm 5'7". I measure from the crown (middle of my head) to bra strap. It's 22". I cut my hair to 11" and it took me 10 months to reach bra strap. Since then...I've cut it many times.

CarLiTa

i'm 5'3 or 5'4
right above bra clasp is 22.5"
below bra clasp is 24"

as of right now i'm 3/4" below my bra clasp.

the smallest part of my torso is 29" but i really have no idea if that should be considered waistlength. Either way, that's my goal.

if my hair was to cover my whole back though, which might mean at tailbone length, then it's 31". I had thought that was waistlength... but i'm not sure.

Sweetcoco82

This is an interesting post. The one thing i have noticed in hair pics on differnt forums is that some people bras do not fit right. They ride up in the back. I am not trying to start anything here. I have just noticed this, thats all. So if your bra strap in the back is ride up your not really at bra strap length. If your bra fits you right. It should go around your back and not arch up any.

Now i need to go find my measuring tape so i can measure my hair, hehe.

Last edited:

locfreeme

Thanks, Sweetcoco! Cause I'm looking at some of these measurements like okay I know I'm tall, but dag I'm not THAT tall! My bra strap goes approximately across the middle of my back. I know exactly what you're talking about because I used to be one of those whose bra was too high in the back, too, until I learned to wear it properly.

But, I'm going to do the measurements agin to make sure they're correct - that's also a factor. I'm going to have my husband take the measurements for me. I'll post again later - under the dryer right now.

locfreeme

I re-measured with my daughter's help (I was scurred to ask hubby - I just knew he would think I lost my mind). My original measurements (from the front of my hairline) were about right:

Current length (as shown in avatar): 20 inches
Armpit: 24 inches
BSL: 29 inches

I started this post thinking torso length would make a big difference, but it looks like neck length is a big factor, too. Or maybe more petite people have smaller heads? :confused: I find it fascinating that my 20" hair is shoulder length and some people's 20" hair is armpit or longer.

Anyway, thanks everyone who responded. I think I've set more realistic goals now based on my height and measurements.

Sweetcoco82

You are right there are alot of factors. Some people have a long head from their front hair line to the nape of their neck. Some have long necks some have short ones. For me to get to my waist that would take me awhile. But i doubt i even want my hair that long.

locfreeme said:
I re-measured with my daughter's help (I was scurred to ask hubby - I just knew he would think I lost my mind). My original measurements (from the front of my hairline) were about right:

Current length (as shown in avatar): 20 inches
Armpit: 24 inches
BSL: 29 inches

I started this post thinking torso length would make a big difference, but it looks like neck length is a big factor, too. Or maybe more petite people have smaller heads? :confused: I find it fascinating that my 20" hair is shoulder length and some people's 20" hair is armpit or longer.

Anyway, thanks everyone who responded. I think I've set more realistic goals now based on my height and measurements.

Lucia

Sweetcoco82 said:
This is an interesting post. The one thing i have noticed in hair pics on differnt forums is that some people bras do not fit right. They ride up in the back. I am not trying to start anything here. I have just noticed this, thats all. So if your bra strap in the back is ride up your not really at bra strap length. If your bra fits you right. It should go around your back and not arch up any.

Now i need to go find my measuring tape so i can measure my hair, hehe.
It also depends on how high up the girls are ;) where you wear your bra.

Sweetcoco82

Lucia said:
It also depends on how high up the girls are ;) where you wear your bra.

Thats so true. If you have a smaller chest you bra wouldn't come down as low either. Well i guess i have a ways to go.

Last edited:

MissYocairis

brownsugar9999 said:
..this just made me REALLY self conscious about how long my NECK IS!!!! HAHAHA

Girl, let's REPRESENT for the LONG-NECKED LADIES! (I am a fellow long-necker). It's a SYMBOL of beauty in the motherland! ;)

brownsugar9999

CantBeCopied said:
Girl, let's REPRESENT for the LONG-NECKED LADIES! (I am a fellow long-necker). It's a SYMBOL of beauty in the motherland! ;)
Heck...I'm on the next smokin' thing to Africa....shoooot, as giraffeeeee as I am, I MAY BE ROYALTY!!!

MissMarie

***sigh***
Wow, I didn't think my torso was quite that long.
I'm 5'7" and bra strap for me is about 27 inches.
The smallest part of my torso is 32", and where I usually wear my pants is 35".

I went from shoulder, to collar bone to armpit quickly. But it seemed to take a good 9 months to go from armpit to bottom of bra strap. I don't think I'll make it to waistlength (one more year) before I chop.

leleepop

MissMarie said:
Wow, I didn't think my torso was quite that long.
I'm 5'7" and bra strap for me is about 27 inches.
The smallest part of my torso is 32", and where I usually wear my pants is 35".

I went from shoulder, to collar bone to armpit quickly. But it seemed to take a good 9 months to go from armpit to bottom of bra strap. I don't think I'll make it to waistlength (one more year) before I chop.
And look you're at waist length now!!!