Tall Ladies!!! How long did it take to reach your goals??

kibbles318

Just wondering... I'm a little over 5'9 and my goal is BSL-ish/MBL-ish and it seems it's gonna take forever! Can you ladies tell me your height and how long it took to reach your goals(whatever your goal, SL,APL, BSL +).

Also, please share any tips you have :) Thanks in advance!!

WaistLengthDreams

I'm 5'7" and it took me 10 months to go from SL to APL. I was closing in on BSL in December but trimmed it up to APL so that my hair would be one length. It's been 6 months and I'm still chasing after BSL.

Leesh

kibbles318, I am 5' 11" tall, and at the same time Ima "Slow-Grower" at .33 a month, 4 Inches a years. It took me 3 years to get from the ball of my neck (top of back, barely touching where my shoulders start) to BSL and that's with a 3 inch set back, so I would probably be at MBL now. So from ball of neck to MBL in 3 years (Hypothetically).

Hope I didn't sound too cookoo! :spinning:

kibbles318

kibbles318, I am 5' 11" tall, and at the same time Ima "Slow-Grower" at .33 a month, 4 Inches a years. It took me 3 years to get from the ball of my neck (top of back, barely touching where my shoulders start) to BSL and that's with a 3 inch set back, so I would probably be at MBL now. So from ball of neck to MBL in 3 years (Hypothetically).

Hope I didn't sound too cookoo! :spinning:

No ma'am you didn't sound cookoo, lol.

Yeah setbacks, even a small setback , are the worst on us tall girls.

Shananyganz

I'm right at 5'7"...I think (my Dr. and I are still disputing this...) and I have been natural for 2 years (BC'ed to 2-3") and am about 1.5" from APL (currently 8.5 to 9.5" SOME areas 10"...don't ask..I have no clue). SIGH!!! I can't call it...I haven't had a crazy setback---I'm starting to feel I grow slow. I am grateful for my growth; I just feel like it is taking me forever to reach my goals. In my mind, I'm at my 2 year mark and I should be closing in on BSL, revving up for the MBL portion of my journey and uhmmmmmmmm I'm not.

I try not to compare my growth/progress...but I admit---I've gotten frustrated with my hair, so it is and has been in braids since May 21st.

Sorry for the small vent.

~S~

Amazhaan

6'1 here (without heels :grin::grin::grin:)

Probably the slowest grower on LHCF. I haven't made my goal yet. I was fully natural in December of 2010. My ultimate goal is just APL. I'm too active to want anything longer than that.

I anticipate it will take me 5 years to probably get there. I was doing well, but had a set-back, and had to get my damaged ends cut and it was a mini-BC.... and now I am back to ear length on the sides and neck length in the back.

And did I mention I have a long neck too :look::look::look:

So I'll check this thread out regularly and update it, if I have any signifcant growth.

Alta Angel

6'1 as well (hey Amazhaan )!

My hair is 10.5 inches long in the back and I am still about an inch away from APL. Had I not trimmed, I would be at 12 inches and definitely at APL.

Triniwegian

I am 6 feet tall. From my BC (6 inches) to APL took me 2 years and 3 months. That was 6 months ago and I am not even close to BSL.
Some people claim that height does not factor in...I can attest that it does play a huge factor. Our road is definitely longer.

Sent from my DROIDX using DROIDX

SmileyNY

I am 6 feet tall. From my BC (6 inches) to APL took me 2 years and 3 months. That was 6 months ago and I am not even close to BSL.
Some people claim that height does not factor in...I can attest that it does play a huge factor. Our road is definitely longer.

Sent from my DROIDX using DROIDX

Wow! (btw, shorty checking in lol. How's the weather up there? I have the curb on watch down here :lol:) That's 18-20 inches of hair to APL! Does your hair grow at the normal rate, or have you gotten another hair cut since your bc?

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

chickle

Im 5.9 and my goal has always been full bsl (full mbl is my ultimate goal though) i am currently a layered apl although my longest layers reach bsb. its been 2.5 years (my last perm...i am fully natural) and i hope to be full bsl by december at the 3 year mark.

Skiggle

This thread is so me! After Christmas I was grazing APL and had to trim due to funky ends, and now I'm finally getting there 6 months later. I'm 5'7.5-5'8. I am positive I have decent growth but I have a longer torso so ill probably be MBL 2013 :(, that's my final goal currently.

MariposaSexyGirl

I'm 5'8". Hmmm let me think. It took about 6 months to get from apl to bsl. BSL to mbl took 4-6 months. MBL to WL took what seemed like forever lol. But think it was like 6-8 months. I have been to WL 3 different times. Now I am HL(not full yet) for the second time and I had a trim in Oct 10' back to WL. So that was about 8 months to get to where I am now. I'm just guesstimating I can't ever remember right of the top of my head how long it took.

Triniwegian

Wow! (btw, shorty checking in lol. How's the weather up there? I have the curb on watch down here :lol:) That's 18-20 inches of hair to APL! Does your hair grow at the normal rate, or have you gotten another hair cut since your bc?

I have trimmed once, But I probably should have mentioned that I lost a good 5" after a Dominican Blowout. So I would have probably been BSL by now....

kupenda

From a baldy to abt SL with natural layers it took a year. But my SO just measured how close I am to APL and it's looking like another year for that. Then abt a year to BSL. And another year to tailbone length. Sooo it's looking like almost three years til waist length IF I have maximum retention and no setbacks...at all lol

nyreeroberts1

I am currently APL, but I look at my hair and think, if I was at least 3'' shorter, (I'm 6'3 BTW) I would easily be at Full BSL by now. I am doing a 25 week stretch, so I hope I make it to my goal by Christmas 2011. Patience is something all of us tall ladies need a lot of:) Thanks for starting this thread OP