BSL/Waist length ladies - how tall are you?

locfreeme

APL/BSL/Waist length ladies - how tall are you?

I'm looking at my avatar where I finally marked progress lines for future hair growth, thinking "d@mn there's a huge space between my APL and BSL lines" and that made me wonder how tall some of you are. Also, with your height in mind, how long did it take you to move through the stages - say, shoulder to APL to BSL to waist? I originally thought I'd allow 6-7 months to get from APL to BSL, but based on my height, I think I'd better allow a full year instead. My hair grows 1/2" - 3/4" a month.

I'm 6', so I don't think I'll even try to go beyond BSL, just because that would be SOOOO much hair to manage. But, knowing how long it took to reach your goals based on height will help me set some realistic goals of my own.

Thanks in advance, ladies!
Loc

Last edited:

SweetCaramel1

Re: APL/BSL/Waist length ladies - how tall are you?

i'm not brastrap but that's a good point. i'm 5'9 and i have a long torso and it will probably take awhile to get to brastrap :rolleyes:

simplycee

Sweetest Taboo
I'm almost 5'9" and bsl is about 25 inches (approximate) on me. I want mid back legnth and by my tape that will be 27 inches. I haven't had a touch up in almost 17 weeks and I only measure with a fresh touch up so I'm close to mid back but not quite there. I haven't even measured for waist length because I'm not interested in growing that long.

sweetcashew

I'm 5'5 and even with my hair at 30 inches it still barely touches my waist if stretched out fully. Bottom of brastrap for me is about 26 inches.

Jewell

I am 5'2" and a half w/ a short torso. Bottom of bra-strap is about 21-23 inches. Full waist is about 29-30 inches.

mshoney2u

:sekret: just lurking, but i had to say "Camellia you wrong for the fudge"
I am on a diet and they look so good. You got my mouth watering
CarryOn

brownsugar9999

I'm 5'7.5"....where exactly is everyone measuring from to determine length ? From fronth hair line over top of head (I've got a MEAN hook) ...or from base of head..

Phoenix

I'm nowhere near brastrap (I'm 2.5 inches above armpit).

But I measured, and there are 3 inches between my armpit and brastrap and I'm 5'6".

MissYocairis

SweetCaramel1 said:
i'm not brastrap but that's a good point. i'm 5'9 and i have a long torso and it will probably take awhile to get to brastrap :rolleyes:

EXCELLENT question. I have a similar pic/diagram and the space between my apl and future bsl looks like a MILE! :ohwell: (I'm 5'5/5'6 btw)

Kimberly

This was a good question. I've wondered the same thing because I'm 5'8" and, sometimes, it just seems like I'd have to grow a yard of hair to get to BSL. Really, though, I'm just past APL and I have about 4 inches to grow to get to BSL...

locfreeme

Thanks everyone for responding! Okay, so I guess I can just use the inches between each goal to set my targets. Still hoping to hear from more of the taller ladies, too (say, 5'8" to 6'), to see if it was harder/easier to obtain the length and how long it took.

Camellia, you're the closest to my height so far. How long did it take you to get to waist length? What was your starting point?

I had BSL length hair when I had locs - it took 4 years to get to that length. But, it's much easier to maintain length with locs. *Sigh* I guess I'll just have to be REALLY patient - that's hard for me. :(

Miss_Jetsetter

SweetCaramel1 said:

Goodness, this is me all day and night! I'm 5'10 and 1/2" so I've already accepted the fact that it will probably take me forever and a year to get there...

cocowhite

I'm 5'5" and BSL for me 24 inches and I am measuring from the front hairline to the bottom of the bra clasp/connect in the back.

brownsugar9999

cocowhite said:
I'm 5'5" and BSL for me 24 inches and I am measuring from the front hairline to the bottom of the bra clasp/connect in the back.
Thank you for your point of reference..I'll have to measure when I flat iron again
ETA:
OK...sorry..that was really retarded of me...total lapse of cognition...
BSL is 27 inches for me, and waist length is 36-37......long torso

Last edited:

silvergirl

im 5'7 with a long torso, its going to take me forever to get to waist length

Healthb4Length

I'm around 5'7-5'8 with a long torso. It seems like it took forever for me to reach bra length.

brownsugar9999

Alli77 said:
I'm around 5'7-5'8 with a long torso. It seems like it took forever for me to reach bra length.
Let's hear it for the long bodied chicks!!!:D

locfreeme

Okay, I attempted to take some measurements and if I did it correctly:

Current length - about 20-21"
APL - 24"
BSL - 29"
Waist - 36"

All measurements starting at the front of the hairline. Based on these, I'm going to give myself 6 months to get to APL, 1 year from APL to BSL and 1 more year after that IF I'm blessed/crazy enough to go for waist length.

BrownSugar, you and I have about the same torso measurements. :) I guess that means I have to start stalking your hair album...

Victorian

old head
I'll have to take measurements from the hairline tomorrow because right now I've got the bonnet on and everything.
I'm not BSL yet, but my goal is waistlength so...

I'm about 5' 4''-ish in height.
When I put my arm out to the side, and put a standard 12" ruler right at armpit, the end of the ruler almost reaches my hip (less than an inch shy). BSL is about 4.5 inches from APL, another 4 to get to WSL, and a little over 4 inches more to get to hip length. So the standard lengths are fairly evenly spaced on my torso.

ETA: Okay I checked and from the hairline, BSL is about 24 inches on me.

Last edited:

Lucia

I 'm 5'9", SLDR-APL was fast 3 months, then the dreaded BSL pause, short torso, loooong legs.
from hairline:
BSL=58.5cm = BSL=23 inches
Passed BSL=68.5cm = 27"
WSL=78.5cm = 31"

from nape of neck:
BSL=30.5cm = 13"
passed BSL= 38cm = 15"
WSL=43cm = 17"

Last edited:

MissYocairis

brownsugar9999 said:
Thank you for your point of reference..I'll have to measure when I flat iron again
ETA:
OK...sorry..that was really retarded of me...total lapse of cognition...
BSL is 27 inches for me, and waist length is 36-37......long torso

This is interesting. So, essentially, the progress of one LHCF member on a particular regimen could be completely different on the next member based on height/neck/torso length alone. For Brownsugar, 27 inches is brastrap and for me, 27 inches is one inch away from mid-back. So, why don't we deal more in terms of INCHES grown for goals than in "LOCATION"?

I'm 19.5 inches right now and that is my armpit. The top of my brastrap is 24 inches. The next LHCF'er could have shoulderlength hair, above armpit that is still the same in inches as mine is at armpit.

Something to think on.....

brownsugar9999

CantBeCopied said:
This is interesting. So, essentially, the progress of one LHCF member on a particular regimen could be completely different on the next member based on height/neck/torso length alone. For Brownsugar, 27 inches is brastrap and for me, 27 inches is one inch away from mid-back. So, why don't we deal more in terms of INCHES grown for goals than in "LOCATION"?

I'm 19.5 inches right now and that is my armpit. The top of my brastrap is 24 inches. The next LHCF'er could have shoulderlength hair, above armpit that is still the same in inches as mine is at armpit.

Something to think on.....
Tru...sooo tru...
However, for me I measure from the root...easier b/c since I have colored hair, it's easy to distinguish b/t the black hair and the orange/blonde/ coppper (depending on what day it is!!) so I mesure from the scalp to the colored....
As for retention...I trimeed(dusted) maybe once since I started (I trimmed In Jan) so pretty much whatever NG i have, I believe I have retained...
If I had to go by height/length...I'd be in a WORLD of trouble!!!
HAHA...this just made me REALLY self conscious about how long my NECK IS!!!! HAHAHA

Last edited: