BSL/MBL 2015 Challenge

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
There is a new Dominican salon around the corner from my house. I stopped by to check it out. There wasn't a single customer in there, but the owner was nice. I'll be going there to purchase my Dominican products from now on. I want some Crece Pelo leave in, but I have exceeded my hair budget this month :(

iLurk

Well ladies I think I'm optimistic about my hair again. I was in denial when my komaza report stated my growth rate was about an inch per month but now I'm starting to believe

I'm still not that good at straightening my own hair so the results aren't that silky but here's some progress pics

Taken at the beginning of July

Taken today

At this rate I should be bsl by october

the numbers kinda fuzzy in the pics but in the 1st one I'm around the #2 line the 2nd pic is close to the 4

Last edited:

iLurk

^^Wow you get an inch a month! That's amazing, happy for you.
It's longer and thicker.
What are you doing so that it retains your growth?

Ive been following my komaza recommendations. I think whats helped me the most is using more protein. All the products I use now are protein based except for 1 and i use it only once a month. Also stopped using oils except for coconut and thats only for prepoo purposes.

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
I finally got around to washing my hair. I lathered twice with Suave Daily clarifying shampoo. Then I conditioned with Loreal Damage Erasing balm. My hair felt stronger afterwards and much easier to detangle.

faithVA

Ive been following my komaza recommendations. I think whats helped me the most is using more protein. All the products I use now are protein based except for 1 and i use it only once a month. Also stopped using oils except for coconut and thats only for prepoo purposes.
Did they recommend to stop using like? If so, why?

snoop

Are you using any of their products? If so, which one(s)?

iLurk

Did they recommend to stop using like? If so, why?

Did you mean oil? When I told Jen about my sealing method with oil she told me that I was actually sealing moisture out of my hair. I just use a dab of lotion now to seal whenever I do.

Are you using any of their products? If so, which one(s)?

yep i use their coconut damage control serum, protein strengthener and pona scalp treatment. love all three.

snoop

Did you mean oil? When I told Jen about my sealing method with oil she told me that I was actually sealing moisture out of my hair. I just use a dab of lotion now to seal whenever I do.

yep i use their coconut damage control serum, protein strengthener and pona scalp treatment. love all three.

So basically you are doing LC (liquid, cream?)

Last edited:

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
My hair still feels pretty nice. I have been moisturizing daily, but I haven't sealed since I washed it Sunday.

Next wash day I want to do my blue rinse. I might get the spray in color just incase my hair isn't vibrant enough

iLurk

So basically you are doing LC (liquid, cream?)

i guess if thats what its called. i'm not familiar with all these methods
How does Komaza determine growth rate? That alone is worth the money imo. I need that analysis like yesterday!

when i sent my samples in i was already about 6 months into a stretch. at the bottom of the report she included the amount of new growth which was 5-6 inches

Last edited:

faithVA

Thanks. Yes I meant oil. Not sure how that turned into like.

fifigirl

Well ladies I think I'm optimistic about my hair again. I was in denial when my komaza report stated my growth rate was about an inch per month but now I'm starting to believe

I'm still not that good at straightening my own hair so the results aren't that silky but here's some progress pics

Taken at the beginning of July

Taken today

At this rate I should be bsl by october

the numbers kinda fuzzy in the pics but in the 1st one I'm around the #2 line the 2nd pic is close to the 4

I have almost fainted....your hair grows pretty fast

fifigirl

Interesting.....how do you moisturise your hair

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
I guess since I'm natural they have to measure by my haircolor (roots). I haven't did permanent color since November 2013 and I have 5-6 inches of natural roots. Maybe more in some places. That's 1/4 inch per month :(

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
Yass I was thinking the same thing ! Like let me get these coins together they telling you alladat. I've been subscribed with them for a while waiting for anty kinda sale :ohwell: but they aint acting right
The price is the only thing holding me back. I might just do my own analysis in a science lab with a microscope. I know what a healthy strand and bulb should look like.

My growth rate used to be faster, but pregnancies, age, hormones etc. has changed things. I notice that my bulbs are getting smaller too. Almost invisible. They call that diminished roots I think. Sigh. I am already taking garlic to combat shedding and my hair vitamin has msm.

snoop

The price is the only thing holding me back. I might just do my own analysis in a science lab with a microscope. I know what a healthy strand and bulb should look like.

My growth rate used to be faster, but pregnancies, age, hormones etc. has changed things. I notice that my bulbs are getting smaller too. Almost invisible. They call that diminished roots I think. Sigh. I am already taking garlic to combat shedding and my hair vitamin has msm.

Mine showed up as diminishing as well. I've been doing back to back pregnancies so I hope that is just a sign of a natural hormonal cycle.

morgandenae

Morgan Denae'
Took down my mini twists yesterday and washed and blow dried my hair this morning. Will either flat iron and give myself a deep trim in the morning or after work and update. I can tell my hair has grown somewhat cause my blow out got that streeetch :afro:

In other news I have decided to stop stressing over length so much. I have a decent regi that I've been able to stick to and more hair products to last me til 2017 I'ma let it do what it do. I need a new obsession.. maybe skin or getting these eyebrows on fleek :headspin:

morgandenae

Morgan Denae'
Here is my September update :grin: . This is a side by side from June and today. I ended up taking a 1/2 inch to an inch off and it already looks much better :drunk: (in person at least) Still was able to kinda sorta keep my goal of reaching the 10 line just barely with the trim . So I'm content :look:

IMG_20150608_211503.jpg IMG_20150904_223602-2-2-2-2-2.jpg

Also someone asked was this my real hair today :toocool:. First time since going natural :cup:Now to get weave checked ...

Attachments

• IMG_20150608_211503.jpg
    IMG_20150608_211503.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 28
  • IMG_20150904_223602-2-2-2-2.jpg
    IMG_20150904_223602-2-2-2-2.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 25

snoop

I'm working on a new regi for when my Komaza order arrives. I can't wait to try their stuff.

@iLurk Do you DC after using their protein. I'm pretty sure they told me that I didn't have to but I wanted to confirm with someone who is already using it.