BSL/MBL 2015 Challenge

snoop

I finished installing my twists. I'm going to try to get some pics.

So these are two strand twists on my own hair. They're not the neatest since I don't use a comb to part or detangle my hair, but they do the job! During the day, I'll two strand twist them into a bun to keep the ends off of my shoulders or wear a satin scarf if I'm at home.

Attachments

• 20150923_170642.jpg
    20150923_170642.jpg
    158.5 KB · Views: 73
  • 20150923_170722.jpg
    20150923_170722.jpg
    142.5 KB · Views: 67
  • 20150923_170344.jpg
    20150923_170344.jpg
    256.8 KB · Views: 67

faithVA

So these are two strand twists on my own hair. They're not the neatest since I don't use a comb to part or detangle my hair, but they do the job! During the day, I'll two strand twist them into a bun to keep the ends off of my shoulders or wear a satin scarf if I'm at home.
Nice job

Leo24Rule

Checking in...
Been co-washing every 2-3 days. Been lazy with not doing the LCO method. Instead just co-washing with any conditioner on hand, don't wash all out, comb through, apply MAYBE some leave-in or regular conditioner & make 12-15 loose braids.
I've notice less shedding even though I'm being lazy.

snoop

I used the Komaza protein strengthener today. This was my first protein treatment using a commercial product since I bc'd. I'm not sure what to think. My hair feels so light. Like there is no weight to it. Isn't the opposite supposed to happen? I'll have to weigh in next time when I take my twists out and do it.

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
My hair feels great. The rollerset process was rough, but she was very gentle with the blowout. Most of my blue color rinsed out, but there is still a dark blue tint.

I trimmed my ends today since it is a thickening day. I took off between 1/2 inch to an inch. I am still a sneeze away from Bsl.

My next trim will be during the Winter Solstice in December.

naturalagain2

I think in another month I will be dropping out of this challenge. I'm thinking about cutting my hair into a tapered cut. I grew out enough natural hair over the past year to have a nice length. I need a change.

ClassyJSP

The left side of my hair is growing at a nice rate the right side is a whole different story. I'm going to give my hair a week break from my wigs and then possibly get braids for the winter.

morgandenae

Morgan Denae'
@morgandenae did you prepoo? When hair is a hot mess do that. ..it helps melt tangles.

Yes ma'am before every shampoo. I even did an overnight cause I knew my current situation. Didn't help that I neglected it in a wash n go state either i was playing with fire.

I was due for my hard protein so that subsided the breakage (ends forever raggedy) but now its dry as a door nob, will add a cowash in during the week til it feels and looks normal again. Crazy how just two weeks can jack me up but I'm still in my learning stage.

fifigirl

Here is a random length check. We only have 3 more months this year. I'm not sure if I will cross the finish line by December, but It'll be fun trying!
Ur hair is looking full and thick! That's the important part!

I'm still on my hair game just not been on LHCF in a while......i'm 13 weks post relaxer and aiming to stretch for as long as i can manage. Want to do braids but i'm thinking i should wait till i have done my inversions for the month.....though the thought of anyone putting their hands in my hair is just not welcoming. I may just forget about it, but i am really bored with bunning. Treated my hair with Paltas BKC yesterday....i went to the store and bumped into some, and got 2 bottles. i have always wanted to try it as i recall reading a thread a while back on hair growth from it, so started last night. I think i like it but will decide after 4-5 treatments

snoop

I used the Komaza protein strengthener today. This was my first protein treatment using a commercial product since I bc'd. I'm not sure what to think. My hair feels so light. Like there is no weight to it. Isn't the opposite supposed to happen? I'll have to weigh in next time when I take my twists out and do it.

So I used the protein strengthener yesterday on loose hair and I definitely could feel the difference. My hair felt artificial -- like synthetic hair. The only thing is that because you're not supposed to bind your hair in any way with the protein in, my ends were a bit tangly after. It doesn't matter how much I detangle first, if I don't bind it right away then it just gets worse. I also noticed that I used WAY more of the product when my hair was loose than I did doing them with the twists in. Perhaps I'll continue doing it with the twists in for every other treatment so that I don't have to worry about that.

In the meantime, removing the shed hair is more tricky now that my hair is longer. It seems as though part of the reason why I get knots because the hair isn't short enough to get out without wrapping itself on other hair. I'm going to continue using the Komaza Bountiful Mane Scalp Serum and hope that the shedding slows down. I can't tell if the amount of shedding that I had yesterday was because I hadn't detangled in a month or because I've got excessive shedding.

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
I just massaged my scalp with liquid gold oil. The smell is growing on me... My scalp feels slightly tingly. My blowout doesn't even look 2 weeks old. I may be able to keep it straight until the end of the month.

I really want to order the Nioxin scalp exfoliator before I wash my hair again.