BSL/MBL 2015 Challenge

iLurk

i just realized i said i used pona scalp treatment my bad i meant the bountiful mane serum. i keep getting those 2 mixed up

I'm working on a new regi for when my Komaza order arrives. I can't wait to try their stuff.

@iLurk Do you DC after using their protein. I'm pretty sure they told me that I didn't have to but I wanted to confirm with someone who is already using it.

Nah I only dc about 1 time a month so I use the protein only most of the times i wash.

snoop

Well the hair threading came out alright but it revealed just how ragged my ends are. I want to trim but not too much since I'd rather get one after straightening with heat (flay iron/press).

My hair felt good until I tried to run a comb through it to get rid of the parts. My ends were a show stopper. Not sure how others do it without ripping out their hair.

naturalagain2

I took my sew in out last weekend. The hair was acting the fool. So I just had my hair dresser take out the hair and I bought a wig to wear. I washed and DC'ed my hair yesterday in the same braids my hair has been in with the sew in. I plan to keep them in and wear my wig until my 8wk mark which is around the first weekend in October.

gemruby41

i just realized i said i used pona scalp treatment my bad i meant the bountiful mane serum. i keep getting those 2 mixed up

Nah I only dc about 1 time a month so I use the protein only most of the times i wash.
@iLurk Since you only dc 1 time per month, do you only shampoo and use a rinse out conditioner on the other weeks?

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
It rained all night and it doesn't look like it will stop anytime soon. Thank goodness for wigs. I would be pissed if my hair was straight right now

Leo24Rule

I have to be honest in saying that I have been M.I.A in also neglecting my hair. A lot of things are going on within the last month to where I can't put the time and effort into my hair abandoning my regimen. So, I've started co-washing every 3 days and just applying leave-in conditioner.

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
I was supposed to wash my hair and apply a blue rinse, but dh ended up taking me to the beach for our half anniversary. I had a good time...

I will do my rinse either tomorrow or Tuesday

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
I exfoliated my scalp today with Ion scalp therapy. Then I clarified and did a dc with Keracare Humecto. My scalp feels great, my hair is soft, but there is still some of the scalp scrub in my hair. Next time I will just exfoliate with salt so it can dissolve completely

ClassyJSP

I have been neglecting my hair lately and on top of that my problem area on my hair line has gotten worse ( I also stopped applying green magic).. i'm not sure if I should take a break from my wigs and wear a braid out or what...

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
I used peppermint oil on my scalp for the first time in years. I am in love with the cool tingle. I wonder if it's safe to use peppermint oil a few times a week...

ClassyJSP

I need to pick up a few more oils I ran out of jojoba oil but I think that would be great on my scalp since I can't seem to leave my wigs alone

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
Maybe it's just a placebo effect, but I think the peppermint oil/mn/aloe juice is helping to stimulate my scalp. I will do a lc after my blowout and trim. Then I will do another lc after a month to see if anything changes.

bluenvy

I'm with you @Prettymetty
I will trim tomorrow during Fall Equinox. And see where it's at a month from than. I will include pics.
Been meaning to restock my oils. Definitely do that this weekend, and try new ones. Meanwhile I washed, conditioned, moisturized and seal. My hair is up in a fluffy ponytail

snoop

Putting my hair back in mini twists. Larger twists are fast buy look less "finished" when I do them. Will keep them in for about 2 weeks.

I also stated using Komaza Care Bountiful Mane serum. We'll see what the shedding situation is like in a couple of weeks.

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
I washed my hair before work this morning with Suave clarifying shampoo and I let it airdry in braids under a wig while I was at work. I didn't condition afterwards, because the directions on my color bottle says my hair should be clean and dry. Once fully dry I will do my Shocking Blue Manic Panic rinse. I must say my naked hair feels great. It is very soft and smooth.