BSL/MBL 2014 Challenge

Guinan

Re-Branding
I can't wait for black Friday & cyber Monday! I am gonna go HAM @ ulta, sally & @ MAC. I worked overtime just to be able to spend crazy on hair & makeup products:)

13StepsAhead

MizzBFlyy yea I know I can make it because this is my second time reaching BSL (within 2yrs), but having to keep cutting back in between to get rid of splits due to hard water issues while living abroad was terrible.

MizzBFly

MizzBFlyy yea I know I can make it because this is my second time reaching BSL (within 2yrs), but having to keep cutting back in between to get rid of splits due to hard water issues while living abroad was terrible.

oh that sucks:ohwell:

well I know you must know what to do now:yep:, I have a shower filter and it's awesome so I wont have to clarify as often because of hard water and mineral deposits.

VictoriousBrownFlower

@ BronxJazzy- nice full ends

@13StepsAhead-starting fresh with a nice cut is a great idea! you'll definately not have to worry about carrying old baggage :)
Thanks. I got a fresh trim and am ready to grow.

I washed and dc my hair for like 45 min with Myhoneychild olive you. Then I put my leave in and sealed with hempseed butter. I'm determined to see some growth from that pic. That pic was taken at the end of October. So there should be noticeable growth by the end of December when I get my hair done again. I'm going to get a roller set so it won't be as straight.

MizzBFly

Thanks. I got a fresh trim and am ready to grow.

I washed and dc my hair for like 45 min with Myhoneychild olive you. Then I put my leave in and sealed with hempseed butter. I'm determined to see some growth from that pic. That pic was taken at the end of October. So there should be noticeable growth by the end of December when I get my hair done again. I'm going to get a roller set so it won't be as straight.

Oowww I love some hempseed oil, it makes my Hair so silky, does the hemp butter do the same?

Sent from my iPad using LHCF

VictoriousBrownFlower

I did something different today. I did the loc method. I've heard so much about it so wanted to give it a try. My hair doesn't need moisture but I wanted to try it out anyways for curiosities sake. I used kinky curly knot today, unrefined avocado oil, and hempseed butter. My hair feels soft not greasy.

TheNDofUO

I know I barely post because the hair journey is boring when you are on long term protective styles but: I GRADUATED BSL 2013!!! WEEEEEEEEE!!!!
I actually can't believe it I've been swinging my hair all around. My ends need help so I don't know if I'll be reaching MBL by the end of 2014 but I'm feeling all the patience in the world atm. So with out further ado:
~Current hair length: BSL :D
~Relaxed/Natural/Texlaxed/Loc'd: Texlaxed
~Goal month: Feb 2015?
~Current reggie and styling choices: Wigs, Crochet braids and buns.
~What do you plan on changing (if anything) to make it to BSL/MBL? Step up moisturising and detangling game to remove tangles and start trimming again.
~Post a beginning picture: see siggy

naturalagain2

Got up 1 this morning with my daughter sick (she threw up everywhere)! After tending to her and throughly cleaning up everything I wasn't sleepy so I cowashed with WEN lavender, then made my clay treatment with butters n bars original conditioning mask mixed with V05 Shea cashmere, almond oil and vatika frosting. I plan to rinse it out with a V05 condish and seal with my heavy oils. I plan to do a final rinse with my nettle and outstraw tea. I will moisturize with hair dew and seal with MD Apricot hair butter.

Guinan

Re-Branding
I have no hair plans & no social plans for the weekend due to low funds. Thank goodness I spent the last bit of moolah I had on a case of beer & a pack of ciggs (I know my priorities r crazy:)). I'm officially counting down till pay day!

alanaturelle

I prepoo overnight and this morning just washed and applied DC. I had to go work today so I'll probably wash the DC out tonight if I'm not too tired. I hate when I have to spend my Saturdays at work but I love the OT that I get, :grin:

TheRealMe

I've been waiting to catch this thread!

Count me in!

*Current hair length - BSL

*Relaxed/Natural/Texlaxed/Loc'd - Natural

*Goal month - March/May 2014

*Current reggie and styling choices - braids for the next 2 months (give or take). Spray hair with water and EVCO mix when needed. Shampoo when needed. Deep protein treatments when needed (I do not have an exact day or time. I just do what feels right).

*What do you plan on changing (if anything) to reach goal? - MORE moisture, MORE protein.
Also, constant protective styles are my aide in retaining. It just works, so more of that LOL.

*Post a beginning picture - phone is too full to retrieve photo. LOL. I work 2 jobs and go to school so it may be a little while before I post a photo.
(see avatar)

Last edited:

alanaturelle

I just got home from work and too tired to do anything right now. So the deep condish would be overnight and I'll rinse it out tomorrow, :)