BSL/MBL 2014 Challenge

SincerelyBeautiful

I love seeing all these beautiful heads of hair!!!

OAN: I used grapeseed oil for the first time today to seal in my leave in after I cowashed. I think i am going to add this oil to my regimen. My hair is feeling very lovely right now!! I don't know what took me so long to use it. Duchess007 I see that you use ayurvedics. How has that helped you on your HHJ? I always wanted to incorporate it into my regimen.

Froreal3

haulin hard in the paint
Thank you! I have never thought of my hair as thick. Maybe because I am always looking at people whose hair has ridiculous density and comparing it to that.

To clean my hair I use black soap most of the time. I use Suave Almond and Shea Butter Conditioner or Tresemme Naturals to detangle. I use coconut oil for oil rinsing. For deep conditioning I use Hollywood Beauty Olive Cholesterol, and I use flaxseed gel, aloe vera gel (fruit of the earth), or Proclaim Curl Activator Gel as a styler.

I don't try too many new products anymore because I'm hair lazy now.

BraunSugar when your twist outs look better than g.lo's Creta Girl wig, you have thick hair. :lol:

BTW, you sure you aren't MBL already? You bout to get kicked out early I see. :look:

Theresamonet

SingBrina your color is gorgeous!

Theresamonet girl, your siggy and your length check had me all confused. You recently texlaxed? Your hair looks great!

Theresamonet when and why did you relax? All that natural hair in your siggy has me jelly! Your length check/relaxed hair looks nice and healthy.

Froreal3 MileHighDiva

I relaxed months ago. Just haven't changed my siggy.

I started a thread about it. (Which I never came back to post pics in... Sowy :yawn:)

I'm so happy I relaxed, and I feel like I can finally get back to GROWING LENGTH. My natural hair in my siggy is only a few inches shorter than my hair now and that pic was taken over a year ago. :nono: I didn't start retaining length again until I relaxed.

BraunSugar

BraunSugar look at all that hair you have!! You look like you are almost WL.

Your hair look like Mbl already

BraunSugar when your twist outs look better than g.lo's Creta Girl wig, you have thick hair. :lol:

BTW, you sure you aren't MBL already? You bout to get kicked out early I see. :look:

Froreal3 I am realizing that maybe I have hairnorexia. :look:

My hair is at the middle of my bra strap in the pic, and I am planning to trim in December so y'all can't kick me out just yet. :lol:

Duchess007

I love seeing all these beautiful heads of hair!!!

OAN: I used grapeseed oil for the first time today to seal in my leave in after I cowashed. I think i am going to add this oil to my regimen. My hair is feeling very lovely right now!! I don't know what took me so long to use it. Duchess007 I see that you use ayurvedics. How has that helped you on your HHJ? I always wanted to incorporate it into my regimen.

SincerelyBeautiful, I'm trying to thicken up my strands in an attempt to avoid the dreaded SSK's that my hair is famous for. I really do think henna is helping with that. And I love mud washing! I feel like I'm really getting my hair clean. And afterward, my hair just drinks up leave-in.

OT, I want to work teas into my regimen for detangling, but I haven't quite gotten there yet.

Which ayurvedics are you thinking of using? What benefits are you hoping to get?

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

g.lo

~Current hair length About an inch from BSB

~Relaxed/Natural/Texlaxed/Loc'd Natural

~Goal month December 13 for BSB and April 2014 for MBL

~Current reggie and styling choices Henna monthly, hard core protein once a month, wash and Dc once a week, moisturize daily, NJoy sulfur oil 3 to 5 days a week. Protective style/low manipulation 99% of time! wearing cornrows for 4 weeks at a time.

~What do you plan on changing (if anything) to make it to BSL/MBL? Might add some supplement

~Post a beginning picture: will update once I take my cornrows out in December

alanaturelle

Here is my info:

~Current hair length: Grazing APL

~Relaxed/Natural/Texlaxed/Loc'd: Natural

~Goal month: Aiming BSL by December 31, 2014. Yes, I came to realize that I'm a slow grower.

~Current reggie and styling choices: I started the following regimen in October when I joined the Sulfur challenge. My hope is to make APL by Christmas. Co-wash on Tuesdays and Thursdays; Wash, deep condition on Saturdays. The night before cowash, I apply sulfur mix, massage my scalp and baggy overnight. The night before wash, I apply sulfur and pre-poo, massage my scalp and baggy overnight. My style of choice is Bun. I've worn wigs for two years and was nicely surprised to see that my hair was long enough for buns, :grin:

~What do you plan on changing (if anything) to make it to BSL/MBL?: If I get a decent length with the previous regimen, this will be a keeper.

~Post a beginning picture: I'll post a picture on Christmas when I flat iron. As of now, I'm using the pic in my siggy from July. That was the last time I did an official length check.

HHJ!!!!!!!

Guinan

Re-Branding
pelohello

Yup, just threw in some impromptu senegalese twists yesterday. After removing another set of twists (two weeks ago) and dealing with my 12 week post hair for only TWO WEEKS :nono:, I was too thru. It was either a full head weave or braids. Turned out braids were cheaper. :grin: I plan on keeping these in until I can afford a great weave closure....Christmas I guess.

NGraceO, any pics of the twists:drunk:

NGraceO

Current Hair Length Grazing BSL

Regimen:

1. Wash Weekly.
  2. DC (Moisture and Protein) Weekly.
  3. Co-Wash mid week
  4. Moisturize and seal, at least every other day.
  5. Wear buns Mostly
  6. Dust split ends regularly (I have a lot :sad:)

Natural/Relaxed/Other: Relaxed/texturized

Goal Month: MBL June 2014 & WL Dec 2014

What do you plan on changing (if anything) to make it to BSL/MBL?

Laziness. I know all the things I should be doing (I've been here long enough); I just can't be bothered to do them. :nono:

Indecisiveness. Could have been WL-- maybe even HL years ago, had I not Big chopped and transitioned 3-4 times. :rolleyes:

Yaya! We have similar goals! Go WL 2014!! *crosses fingers* how often so you relax?

NGraceO

pelohello here ya go!! Wanted the chunky look this time. Haven't even gotten around to dipping the ends in hot water, so they're fuzzy.

Ps, sry if the pic is huge:(

NGraceO

NGraceO

Duchess007, I like it. I sealed it with olive oil. I wanted a water based leavein, so that it won't cause any dandruff or buildup on my braids

You seal while in braids? How does that go in the long term? I've never thought to do that....what so you think abt deep conditioning in braids?

NGraceO

Theresamonet

Yaya! We have similar goals! Go WL 2014!! *crosses fingers* how often so you relax?

Haayy! NGraceO I love your texlaxed hair!

I've only touched up once and I did 13 weeks and 4 days. I may not wait that long this time-- I was trying to have a fresh relaxer for my vacation.

I'm good at stretching though. I've had the best growth/retention during my many transitions.

Froreal3

haulin hard in the paint
NGraceO Those came out really nice! IDK, you and pelohello are making me want to go back to my extension twists and braids.

As for me right now, these twists will probably last one week and then I will do a twist out for DD's b-day party next week.

Theresamonet

How is everyone's ends looking? I'm obsessed with perfect ends. I'm constantly trimming and dusting, trying to make sure I have ZERO splits. This is another reason I haven't retained much growth this year. Between splits and SSKs, my scissors have been working overtime.

I'm sitting here dusting right now. :look:

Froreal3

haulin hard in the paint
How is everyone's ends looking? I'm obsessed with perfect ends. I'm constantly trimming and dusting, trying to make sure I have ZERO splits. This is another reason I haven't retained much growth this year. Between splits and SSKs, my scissors have been working overtime.

I wear my hair up 99% of the time and I don't straighten. My ends are fine. I dust probably 1/4 to 1/2 inch every few months when I remember. :look:

BraunSugar

My ends are decent. I have a few SSKs but I never really pay them much mind. They haven't been a problem so I just let them go. I think if I straightened more often, I'd pay more attention to them.

polished07

For challengers wanting to join, after thanking this post answer the following questions

~Current hair length - BSB
~Relaxed/Natural/Texlaxed/Loc'd- Natural
~Goal month- to reach BSL Beg Jan to reach MBL by my wedding in June to be full MBL by Oct Lord willing
~Current reggie and styling choices- ps'ing w Celies under wigs, cowash weekly, ms every other day, wash every 2-3 weeks, take vits h20 high protein diet and workout 5-6 days per wk
~What do you plan on changing (if anything) to make it to BSL/MBL? Nothing I may try the inversion method and invest in a steamer this winter
~Post a beginning picture

Attachments

• image-3491178476.jpg
    image-3491178476.jpg
    352.2 KB · Views: 49

naturalagain2

@ronie - I too am just a lil' past SL and set my target goal at BSL for June, MBL in December. I was just looking at all these beautiful heads of long hair and thinking I am "so out of my league" - when I came across your post. Come on and join the challenge anyway. We can be "wannabes" together and encourage one another!!!
Challenges are just that "challenges" - not do or die!!
I may be out of my league but I am staying all up in this challenge - hoping some of this BSL/MBL hair will rub off on me. So - come on and hang out with me. I am sure some of these beautiful long hair ladies (@Duchess007, @Kerryann, @Lucie, @bellashair, @Froreal3, @tsmith, @naturalagain2, @SincerelyBeautiful, @Beamodel, @BraunSugar) will "eDopt" :lol: (thanx BraunSugar) us and help us on this journey.

:thud:

Never thought I would see my name and long hair in the same sentence :blush:.

I'm still learning a lot myself but if I can help in any way I would be honored too!

Beamodel

How is everyone's ends looking? I'm obsessed with perfect ends. I'm constantly trimming and dusting, trying to make sure I have ZERO splits. This is another reason I haven't retained much growth this year. Between splits and SSKs, my scissors have been working overtime. I'm sitting here dusting right now. :look:

I completely understand what you are saying. My ends are fine but I still dust way too often. I need to step away from the scissors.

Beamodel

ilong & ronie

I too was at shoulder length for a long time. What I feel has helped me was deep conditioning treatments twice a week, moisturizing & sealing, and Mega Tek. You sure can hang out and we can support one another to obtain healthy hair :)

Froreal3

haulin hard in the paint
Used some Hairveda Whipped Crème Ends sealed with HH Carrot Frosting on one side. HH Mango Colada sealed with HH Mango Cloud on the other side. :lick:

I'm conflicted about Blk Friday. :look:

ilong

God's Own
Theresamonet - I hope my ends are behaving themselves. :yep: Haven't had a trim since April - but I PS 99% of the time under wigs and don't use heat. End of December will be busy for me. I plan to get a "light" trim, good press for a length check, start a new vitamin regimen, implement an additional PS.

Naturalagain - I am sure it's a good feeling to be recognized as a member in the long hair club. :yep:Can't wait to become a club member. <lol> Thanks for the support.

Beamodel - thank you for the tips and support. I live in an area where there is definitely a "winter season". M&S w/GHE will of course leave my hair damp. Any suggestions on a workaround? I still have an unused bottle of Mega-Tek I may include in my Jan '14 regimen

Beamodel

ilong

I'm in New Orleans so winter time is almost non existent here for the mist part. Crack open that a Mega Tek. I applied mines to my scalp mixed with an oil.