BSL/MBL 2014 Challenge

kinky curlygenie

Can I join :)
~Current hair length - somewhere between bsb and bsl ( I've bin told I wear my bra low)
~Relaxed/Natural/Texlaxed/Loc'd- Natural
~Goal month- I want to make bsl by Dec by we'll see. And I will give myself until the end of 2014 I'm taking into account any trims plus my hair had layers
~Current reggie and styling choices-
Co-wash once a week atm, psing as much as possible, I use henna every other month has done wonders still contemplating using red henna. Dcing every other week
~What do you plan on changing (if anything) to make it to BSL/MBL?
Thinking of switching up my psing styles like twists or braids atm I will be wigging it but when it comes to finals I will be in twist or braids. Im tampering with idea of inversion method we'll see
~Post a beginning picture
Done a s&d session so I'm still at this point

ForumRunner_20131118_214629.jpg

[/QUOTE]

NGraceO

Haayy! NGraceO I love your texlaxed hair! I've only touched up once and I did 13 weeks and 4 days. I may not wait that long this time-- I was trying to have a fresh relaxer for my vacation. I'm good at stretching though. I've had the best growth/retention during my many transitions.

THANK YOU!!
And again, we're in similar situations. My next touch up will be my third ever. I prefer stretching for six months (not the process- I hate dealing with all this new growth- but the results. I do better relaxing more hair at a time). The one time I relaxed at three months was a disaster, I iverlapped something serious. Wah.

NGraceO Those came out really nice! IDK, you and pelohello are making me want to go back to my extension twists and braids. As for me right now, these twists will probably last one week and then I will do a twist out for DD's b-day party next week.

Thank you!!!

How is everyone's ends looking? I'm obsessed with perfect ends. I'm constantly trimming and dusting, trying to make sure I have ZERO splits. This is another reason I haven't retained much growth this year. Between splits and SSKs, my scissors have been working overtime. I'm sitting here dusting right now. :look:

My ends are a ratchet mess. I am constantly cutting. Time I cut and think I'm good, I look back and they're split again. I think it's residual damage from bad hair care practices of the past. :( it just sucks because I should prob be waist length from all the hairier had to chop off all these months :( :ohwell:

NGraceO

ilong

God's Own
Beamodel - MegaTek is a heavy protein condish, right? I haven't taken time to analyze if my hair is a protein hog or not. But when I saw the Megatek last week - I made a mental note to use it soon. You just made soon come sooner! :)

alanaturelle

How is everyone's ends looking? I'm obsessed with perfect ends. I'm constantly trimming and dusting, trying to make sure I have ZERO splits. This is another reason I haven't retained much growth this year. Between splits and SSKs, my scissors have been working overtime.

I'm sitting here dusting right now. :look:

My ends are ok. I'm flat ironing for Xmas and will trim if I have to. You need to hide the scissors, :)

alanaturelle

Applied my sulfur mix, massaged my scalp and currently baggying. I'll cowash in the morning and put right back in a bun.

Guinan

Re-Branding
You seal while in braids? How does that go in the long term? I've never thought to do that....what so you think abt deep conditioning in braids?

NGraceO

NGraceO, I DC when I had my twists & it wasnt too bad. The probem was the conditioner was too thick, so I plan on using Shea moisture restorative conditioner since it's light. I M&S ever 2weeks and plan on DC every two weeks. I try to stay with water based products, so that I can avoid matting and buildup.

naturalagain2

I cowashed last night with VO5 Shea Cashmere. Tried it for the first time last night and I really like it. That and Passion fruit smoothie is my favorite V05 conditioner so far. Putting heavy oils on my hair after washing and using tea as a final rinse has been really good for my hair so far. Haven't had to use much product after either since heavily oiling my hair, just a little hair dew leave in and MD Apricot Butter and I'm good to go.

alanaturelle

So I cowashed this morning and used for the very first time Eden Bodyworks Coconut Shea cleansing cowash and that stuff is great, lol. My hair wasn't stripped and felt great. I might actually prefer that to As I Am. I will pick up the leave in as well next time when I hit Wal-Mart.

Fhrizzball

So it may take me longer to reach MBL than planned. I attempted a rollerset on my hair again. Horrible yet again so I think I'll just cut my losses and stick to curlformers even though they don't last long. Flatironing my roots turned into flat ironing my hair and realizing that I have the worst flatiron ever. My ends felt awful and my roots didn't even get that straight. I ended up trimming around 2 inches so I'm back at the beginning of BSL. In hindsight my ends perhaps also felt that way due to poor straightening techniques but my hair feels so much better now. I don't think I will be straightening anytime soon and if so I'll try to find a hairstylist I trust for it.

As it stands I think I won't be MBL till May/June at the least as opposed March as I hoped and WL doesn't seem to be in my future for 2014. I'm going to be full PS mode next year though and might try my hand at the Hairfinity everyone keeps raving about so we'll see.

Attached is my 5 day old hair. I've just been conditioning it with soy butter which I love and EVCO. It actually feels moisturized and if it wasn't for my roots I would stretch it until December. Also why is it that even my straight hair shrinks up. It's at APL when I'm around BSL. Even when I get it done professional it happens...

Forgive the backfat. I'm working on that...

Beamodel

Beamodel - MegaTek is a heavy protein condish, right? I haven't taken time to analyze if my hair is a protein hog or not. But when I saw the Megatek last week - I made a mental note to use it soon. You just made soon come sooner! :)

ilong
Yes but I apply it to my scalp. I don't deep condition with it.

Guinan

Re-Branding
I applied sum eco styler gel to the front of my hair. I have my hair in a cute bun. I'll try to take sum pics and upload later.

virtuenow

Well, I don't believe in length checks ladies...so this is going to be interesting. I mean, I do not pull my hair down to certain spots on my body. I refuse to do acrobatics to do a length check. I have 85-90% shrinkage so that's not my forte'. My hair is going to have to get there on its own. So my goal reflects my [non-heat] stretched goal.

SingBrina

Deep conditioning my hair right now. Also did a coffee rinse. Not sure if I will do bantu knot outs or flat iron

FollicleFanatic

Hi all!

Longtime lurker here, may I join?

~Current hair length Past APL, grazing BSL
~Relaxed/Natural/Texlaxed/Loc'd Natural
~Goal month March 2014 for BSL, July 2014 for MBL
~Current reggie and styling choices PSing with wigs, halfwigs and buns, protein/moisture DCs as needed. Also henna monthly, oiling/moisturizing scalp
~What do you plan on changing (if anything) to make it to BSL/MBL? Babying my ends like it's my second job lol
Not planning on flat ironing my hair until sometime next year, so I'm just doing a pull test while in flat twists that are covered by a half wig.

Attachments

• 20131120_004246.jpg
    20131120_004246.jpg
    206.5 KB · Views: 46
Last edited:

Mjon912

Hey Ladies... I'm MJ

-I'm Currently APL
-15.5 months into my transition to natural
-I'm not sure when I will hit BSL because of the frequent trims that I do but hopefully before dec 2014
-I wear my hair straight 100% of the time and up in a bun 95%of the time
-I do my wash routine every 2 weeks but now that my son is getting older (he's almost 6months) I hope to be able to wash and set every 7-10 days

Here's my starting pic... I just trimmed my ends nov 9

image-491907528.jpg

Fhrizzball

Fhrizzball you do realize that waistlength is the smallest part of your torso, right? It looks like your tape measurer is at hip length.

Oh sorry those are beads not a tape measure. I seem to have a problem with determining MBL more than anything. I guess with that I should actually measure as oppose to going by the bottom of whatever bra I'm wearing.

MizzBFly

whoo!!
this year I tell you- ups, downs, trims and cuts but it's over and time to start anew.

~Current hair length- FULL BSL -FINALLY
~Relaxed/Natural/Texlaxed/Loc'd- texlaxed
~Goal month- March or May
~Current reggie and styling choices- in my profile and PS styling mostly
~What do you plan on changing (if anything) to make it to BSL/MBL?- trim a lil' after every relaxer to maintain thick, delicious ends- switch to a texturizer for consistant results

Attachments

• cut 11.15.13.jpg
    cut 11.15.13.jpg
    20.5 KB · Views: 74
  • after cut with marker.JPG
    after cut with marker.JPG
    58.2 KB · Views: 52
Last edited:

NGraceO

MizzBFly TBH, your brastrap looks like it stops at your waist. Are you sure you won't be Waist Length By March or May? IF so, WHOOP, WHOOP!

MizzBFly

NGraceO
I wish am, I was until I cut in Nov. but it wasn't worth claiming b/c of the thin, uneven lengths I could barely capture a good shot on camera.
Anyhoo Im full BSL and MBL is a snap away so Im in good spirits with my full ends now honey:drunk:

I am attaching another pic to show the length difference now*pink* (ends where bumped with flexi rods all week) and where I need to be no later than May of 2014.*turquoise*

Attachments

• after cut with marker.JPG
    after cut with marker.JPG
    26.6 KB · Views: 72

mami2010

I will be joining, I have had serious breakage in the past 3 months and need to really get back to caring for my hair. Will be back with my info.

VictoriousBrownFlower

~Current hair length
Between armpit and bra strap

~Relaxed/Natural/Texlaxed/Loc'd
Texlaxed

~Goal month Goal for bra strap is april 2014.
The goal for Mbl is Dec 2014

~Current reggie and styling choices
My reggie is really simple. Wash between once a week and once every two weeks. Shampoo Deep condition for at least 30 min. Apply leave in and seal with a natural butter. Then put in wet bun and bun til next wash.

Once every few months get my hair done at the hairdresser to check length.

Relax once or twice a year.

~What do you plan on changing (if anything) to make it to BSL/MBL? I don't plan to change anything to get to bsl and mbl.

13StepsAhead

Current hair length- BSL, but about to cut back to APL
~Relaxed/Natural/Texlaxed/Loc'd- Natural
~Goal month- December 2014
~Current reggie and styling choices- Rebuilding my reggie and I will be Under a wig or sew-in thee entire year
~What do you plan on changing (if anything) to make it to BSL/MBL? My hair broke off severly over the last 2years due to living overseas and now I need to get back to taking care of my hair like I did when I first joined in 09'
~Post a beginning picture- will post in the next few weeks before my install.