BSL/MBL 2014 Challenge

KiWiStyle I was wondering if my flakes were product build up, but they started before I had added product. I'm getting ready to wash and bun. I hope that makes my flakes go away. If I figure anything out I'll let you know. It's very strange for it to appear all of a sudden. Here's to both of us figuring it out.

KiWiStyle I was wondering if my flakes were product build up, but they started before I had added product. I'm getting ready to wash and bun. I hope that makes my flakes go away. If I figure anything out I'll let you know. It's very strange for it to appear all of a sudden. Here's to both of us figuring it out.

Definitely tell when you resolve the issue. ..wishing you/us luck!

Today was the first day of me taking my new hair vitamins. They got good reviews on gnc and were on sale. I figure it won't hurt. I got a two month supply. They have lots of great ingredients like biotin and msm. I hope they work.

I'd like to join this challenge please. My stats below:

~Current hair length: APL
~Relaxed/Natural/Texlaxed/Loc'd: Relaxed
~Goal month: I'd like to be BSL by August 31, 2014 & MBL by December 31, 2014 :lol:.
~Current reggie and styling choices: Shampoo, DC at the salon every 2 weeks. Protective style 98% of time with pin-ups and ends tucked away.
~What do you plan on changing (if anything) to make it to BSL/MBL? Leave my hair alone as much as possible, keep protective styling and keep taking my vitamins
~Post a beginning picture: Pic in my siggy

Last edited:
I've completely fallen off the earth in all of my challenges.

Soooooo, Long-winded Update.

I interrupted my year-long wig challenge (I planned to wig it to waist length :grin:) and installed senegalese twist for five weeks in April when I tired of wig wearing. I'm now back, begrudgingly, in wigs. Hopefully the wig I just ordered can renew my motivation.

I also planned to reduce the length of my texlaxer stretches from 24 weeks to 10-12 weeks. That never happened. :look: I am currently 16 weeks post, and am considering stretching until the end of the year (IDK if I am even capable of that...:lol:) due to a possibility of transitioning (another indecisive move on my part.)

I feel like I'm not seeing the progress to waist length that I had hoped for (I guess expected drastic growth, which is unrealistic, esp for a slow grower like myself).

Heres a unofficial progress shot from the end of Dec 2013 to this past weekend. I won't be doing a flat-ironed length check until the end of the year (hopefully i won't renege on that, too :lol:) Maybe I'm MBL? Idk. I remember that JUNE was my goal date for MBL, and Dec for Waist Length.

Attachments

• 1PicMonkey Collage.jpg
    1PicMonkey Collage.jpg
    249.5 KB · Views: 116
@NGracO your hair looks great. It doesn't seem like your indecisiveness is hurting you.

KiWiStyle my wash yesterday seems to have taken care of my flakes. I'm still not sure what caused it, but I hope they don't come back

I had gotten over the fact that I cut off 2-3 inches last night and then I did one of my favorite updos today and I miss the length. :-(

@NGracO your hair looks great. It doesn't seem like your indecisiveness is hurting you. KiWiStyle my wash yesterday seems to have taken care of my flakes. I'm still not sure what caused it, but I hope they don't come back I had gotten over the fact that I cut off 2-3 inches last night and then I did one of my favorite updos today and I miss the length. :-(

Thank you. Made me feel special :)

@NGracO your hair looks great. It doesn't seem like your indecisiveness is hurting you.

KiWiStyle my wash yesterday seems to have taken care of my flakes. I'm still not sure what caused it, but I hope they don't come back

I had gotten over the fact that I cut off 2-3 inches last night and then I did one of my favorite updos today and I miss the length. :-(

Thanks GettingKinky for the update, glad it wasn't anything long term. I probably won't wash for about a week, I kinda want to keep my hair straight as long as possible so I'll know more then.

Hey ladies were almost 6 months in the year hope every is making their goals I just started back with my vits today since I just need to get back in the habit of taking them for life. I have an appt for a silk press next week I'm really nervous bc of my last one I never really know how my ends are "kinky" they look great then I go get my hair straightened and I need a hair cut :-/ . I'm hoping to stay with this stylist she's seems really good "MissLondonBella" on IG she travels to NY so I fig I would see how my hair does with her expertise along with what I learn here I really want to be a straight natural during the colder months and braid up/crown and glory weave up during the summer idk I'm over this hair thing for real

I'm gone for a few weeks and come back to all this lovely hair gorgeousness and our very own Duchess007 being WL???!!! Good Lord yall blowing my mind in here!!

Attempted a wash n go for the first time in FOREVER last night and banded it in order to stretch it a bit.

ForumRunner_20140514_114945.jpg

Well after 12+ hours...it didn't dry all the way and shrinking took affect, but I'm digging it!

ForumRunner_20140514_115033.jpg

Well 2nd day hair eludes me once again lol. A fuzzy mess today but I'm still wearing it out. I'll braid it down and give it a good washing on Sunday. Still on the search for the right products though.

Chugging along toward BSL. Still praying on being there by July. Hope my goal is realistic.

image-3915800981.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

Thank you ladies. Every time I comb my hair and see an end break off---I think I of all my hard work lol.

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

I feel like a dirty girl. Did a wash n go, wore it out for 2 days, braided it down to wear under wigs for work for 2 days, and took it down and wore it out today. My hair is so caked with product it feels SO gross!!!! I am so gonna wash my hair thoroughly when I get home from work tomorrow.

Hair Update! From a failed braidout. Lol, My hair is looking much thinner than it once was. Hopefully this summer I can help the thickness somehow.

Attachments

• Hair Journey.jpg
    Hair Journey.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 102
Hair Update! From a failed braidout. Lol, My hair is looking much thinner than it once was. Hopefully this summer I can help the thickness somehow.

I so understand!

Your hair doesn't look thin at all, but I definitely understand the "feels thinner" feeling.

Maybe a protein treatment? Is your hair shedding/breaking? I think when I did a hard protein my hair felt MUCH better. I need to figure out how to stop some shedding, but it felt Stronger/thicker at least.

Back