BSL/MBL 2014 Challenge

growbaby

Okay- I'm at line 8. Line 5 is BSL and 10 is TBL. I think I will straighten at the end of the year. I dust every month or so, but I'll need to straighten so I can evaluate and trim. ETA: I've been Bantu knotting the bottom of my twists and it's been keeping my ends in order. Figured I might as well show y'all what's going on on top of my head. :) The white streaks are leave-in. Those disappeared as my hair dried overnight. Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

If ur allowed to stay with all that hair I'm never leaving!! Gorgeous.

Duchess007

growbaby and GettingKinky - Thank you! I must be in some kind of denial. :-/

I need to measure my bangs and decide if I'm going to blunt cut or leave the layers. If I end up cutting to one uniform layer, I'm not doing it until everything is at least MBL. Right now I think the layers are about two inches apart.

Froreal3

haulin hard in the paint
Duchess007 you're WL!! ! Congrats! Now wth are you doing in this challenge? :lol:

and no blunt cut and no bangs.

Sent from my Snow White Frost Galaxy S4 using LHCF

Duchess007

@Duchess007 you're WL!! ! Congrats! Now wth are you doing in this challenge? :lol:

and no blunt cut and no bangs.

Sent from my Snow White Frost Galaxy S4 using LHCF

I already have "bangs"- they're just grown out now... that's why I think I didn't realize how long the rest of my hair was getting. You can see it in the pic of my twists - the front is like five inches shorter than the rest. :perplexed

I do like the layers, but I don't know... I just love a blunt cut... :drunk: Must. Resist.

When I moved to Wisconsin from DC, I waited until... like, the week before to start packing. :nono: Don't do it. LOL

@Duchess007, OMG, u def look like ur WL!! You have beautiful hair.

Thanks, pelohello! So do YOU! You're one of my hair crushes! :yep:

TheNDofUO

I'm 22 weeks post so my (bonelaxed) ends liked very thin in comparison to my texlaxed hair and my new growth. So I clipped it up instead

GettingKinky

I haven't had dandruff/flaky scalp since I stopped bonelaxing 2.5 years ago. But my scalp has been flaky since my last salon appointment. I got my standard cellophane treatment and then since I got my hair flat ironed I waited 17 days to wash instead of my usual 7. I'm not sure what to do if the flaking doesn't stop after my next wash.

ETA: DH says I look like a flower child today.

Attachments

• image-2383827851.jpg
    image-2383827851.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 98

Guinan

Re-Branding
I haven't had dandruff/flaky scalp since I stopped bonelaxing 2.5 years ago. But my scalp has been flaky since my last salon appointment. I got my standard cellophane treatment and then since I got my hair flat ironed I waited 17 days to wash instead of my usual 7. I'm not sure what to do if the flaking doesn't stop after my next wash.

@ur last salon visit, did u get a relaxer? If so, you may need to clarify. Btw, love ur flower child hair:yep:

isawstars

I've been super lazy with my hair but it looks like I'm still getting closer to BSL. I suppose it helps that I am consistent with moisturizing my ends. I bun at night 5-6 days a week... I wear it up almost always, I just get lazy and don't PS as I should. I typically wear a puff-like style.

I'm officially 8 months post ya'll! Craziness.

Attachments

• LHCF_May_2014.jpg
    LHCF_May_2014.jpg
    168.2 KB · Views: 63

Froreal3

haulin hard in the paint
Washed, did a light protein treatment, and dced. Used Silk Dreams Wheat Germ Butter and a little Keravada oil. Hair feels good. Don't have a lot of breakage or shedding. I'm just a slow grower. :rolleyes: I'll just need to be patient. I'll do a length check this weekend after I blow dry. Then I'll dust about 1/2" off. I'm pretty confident I'll make MBL if I retain two more inches this year. At this point, I don't really care which month I make it...as long as it is before year's end. :yep: My next lc after this one will probably the end of the year.

KiWiStyle

Realtor & Foodie

GettingKinky I noticed flaky scalp yesterday while flat iron my hair yesterday too. I never, ever have dry scalp so I'm concerned about what could be the cause too. I did leave my conditioner on for 3-4 hours which I never do so I'm wo during if that my problem. I didn't notice any flakes before Saturday's wash day...

lamaria211

I braided my hair up for the next 4 weeks while I rock my new wig. I'm going to try and keep my hair braided up in 4 week stretches till the end of the year. I have HIH disease bad and it gets worse the longer my hair gets. I'm trying to forget about growing it and focus more on the health and thickness of it. Pray for me!