BSL/MBL 2014 Challenge

NikkiQ

Thanks ladies!! It's up in a ponytail already. Humidity started to take affect of course. My friend thinks I need 2" cut off but I just had my ends trimmed in February. So frustrating.

Duchess007

I really underestimate my growth potential, at times.. Probably because this is the longest my hair has ever been so, it's kind of hard to imagine it growing past this point although I know it will. I wanted to hit MBL by dec and have hit it already and it's only April. WL by Dec?? So excited!!

:dance7:CONGRATULATIONS, bellashair! :cup:

growbaby

growbaby what about other ways to straighten your hair besides using heat? Like roller sets?
Yea I thought of the but I'm not very skilled at rollersets so my hair never gets straight enough where is will feel comfortable trimming it in that state. Your hair is beautiful btw!

Last edited:

NikkiQ

Just had one of the ladies from HR who owns a salon check out my ends. She says I need about an inch off which isn't too bad. I'll probably make an appointment soon to get it done.

Tderham1314

NikkiQ I think your hair looks great and healthy. Sometimes stylists want to cut when it's not necessary. That's why a lot of times women can't get past shoulder length because they go to the salon and the stylist always wants to trim :ohwell:

growbaby

Ok so I decided to straighten, I was too worried about my ends having not trimmed since December. Letting my ends run wild is what had me at a setback 6 months ago. I'm pleased to say my ends are still in good shape! After a dusting I should be good to go :) .. I don't regret straightening now I can stop worrying.

image-2248592691.jpg

image-3026984337.jpg

KiWiStyle

Realtor & Foodie
Ok so I decided to straighten, I was too worried about my ends having not trimmed since December. Letting my ends run wild is what had me at a setback 6 months ago. I'm pleased to say my ends are still in good shape! After a dusting I should be good to go :) .. I don't regret straightening now I can stop worrying.

Beautiful hair growbaby!!!

jprayze

Last night I did a quick DC with SSI avocado condish (staple) and followed with a clear rinse for 30 mins under a plastic cap (no heat). I pinned my hair up using a little VO5 condish and let it dry overnight. Now I'm under the dryer at one of the 2 Dominican salons I like. I will post pics when I get done. Hopefully I will see more shine.

ETA: no more shine! I used jazzing. Will try another brand next time.

Last edited:

GettingKinky

I love my braidout on flat ironed hair. It's so flowy, and bouncy and shiny.
It makes me want to
a) not wash my hair for a few weeks or
b) get my hair flat ironed every other week.

But I know my hair can't stand that kind of heat (450 1-2 passes) that often. And I have to wash, I workout daily. Sigh...

Attachments

• image-595255170.jpg
    image-595255170.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 57
  • image-3809610906.jpg
    image-3809610906.jpg
    429 KB · Views: 75
Last edited:

ImanAdero

I'm gonna stay in here because I think the next time I get a trim I'll be back at BSL... I'm MBL now, but these ends of mine are an atrocity I feel.

Anywho, washed with Herbal Essences Naked Cleansing Conditioner, which I really like and could probably use alone if my high lights did t feel dry.

Then I did the ApHogee 2 step protein treatment and now I have Shea Moisture Raw Shea Butter Restorative Conditioner in my hair under a dryer. I think I like it and if I do, it'll become a staple when I use up some more of my stuff.

TheNDofUO

Got some ACV. My scalp is so bad I have really embarrassing flakes just 3 days after a clarifying/chelating wash (Nexxus phytoorganics Kelate shampoo) I heard ACV would be the thing to save me so... Here goes

naturalagain2

Haven't been doing much to my hair. Been wearing braidouts/twist outs and bunning a lot. I hope this pays off. I also been sticking to mostly SSI products (except for when I prepoo). I can tell being consistent with products and cutting out the protein has help my hair. It feels so much better. This Friday I will be 8 wks post and I'm doing fine. I plan on relaxing at 12 wks.

If laziness doesn't take over tonight, I'm going to do a twist out.

TheNDofUO

Okay so I co-washed with Aunt Jackie's moisturising conditioner can't remember what it's called the blue one. I love that product. I finished the jar and have already bought a second one. I then (using an applicator bottle) applied the diluted ACV solution to my scalp then smoothed it down my hair. At first it felt weird like - well, like there was vinegar on my head. But once I started combing my hair it started to feel softer. No knots and minimal tangling despite the fact that the ACV made all my curls much tighter. As for my scalp the flakes are gone. When I attach my scalp my nails are gunk free.
I then applied infusium 23, DB lemongrass transitioning conditioner and HV almond butter in my hair. By now my curls aren't so crazy and my hair feels super soft. But my ends are pretty dry. I think they're damaged. They might have to go. I'm currently 5 1/2 months post and I don't feel like relaxing AT ALL.
My hair is now in braids for my second try at a braidout this year. Wish me luck!

sugarbaybie

You need to seek medical advice @sugarbaybie. Maybe some type of DHT blockers.
@Froreal3 thank you, I take one now but the dosage I guess is so low it's not been doing anyting for the last few years. Im taking spiro at 25mg. I'll go up to 50 but hopes my body can take all the extra estrogen it manufactures.

Do anyone know of any TOPICAL DHT Blockers?

And any regrowth item alternative to rogaine? I cant use that alcohol it dries out your hair.

Last edited:

Froreal3

haulin hard in the paint
@Froreal3 thank you, I take one now but the dosage I guess is so low it's not been doing anyting for the last few years. Im taking spiro at 25mg. I'll go up to 50 but hopes my body can take all the extra estrogen it manufactures.

Do anyone know of any TOPICAL DHT Blockers?

And any regrowth item alternative to rogaine? I cant use that alcohol it dries out your hair.

Girl, IDK. Have you tried sulfur?

Froreal3 Hey girl! You all packed? ;)

Yes ma'am! I will ask my hubby to help me take an updated LC pic tonight.

Yay. Bring on the pics. :lick: And I'm nowhere near packed. :lol:

naturalagain2

Did a dry DC/prepoo with Aussie Moist 3 Min Condish/AOHSR/Vatika oil using the relaxer method tonight. Second time doing this combo and it makes my hair so soft and easy to detangle. After working out I rinsed it out and cowashed with SSI Blueberry Cowash Conditioner. This right here is a staple! My third time using it and I love it.

After cowashing I used my leave ins, SSI Moisture Mist w/ the Coco Creme Leave in, detangled then used CON wrap foaming lotion with SSI Marshmallow herbal hair cream on top and put twists in with perm rods on the ends.

I have knocked off the protein and mainly been using SSI products and my hair is so much softer and manageable. I'm really enjoying my relaxed hair even more after this last touch up back in March. I think I'm only going to do henna a few weeks after relaxing (worked well a few weeks ago) and protein a week before my touch up (have not tried this yet). I think that is all the protein I need. I will adjust as needed.

Duchess007

Okay- I'm at line 8. Line 5 is BSL and 10 is TBL. I think I will straighten at the end of the year. I dust every month or so, but I'll need to straighten so I can evaluate and trim.

image-2984416372.jpg

ETA: I've been Bantu knotting the bottom of my twists and it's been keeping my ends in order. Figured I might as well show y'all what's going on on top of my head. :)

image-1381270816.jpg

image-1617094192.jpg

The white streaks are leave-in. Those disappeared as my hair dried overnight.

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

Last edited: