• I did not like the treatment

Votes: 8 2.4%
  • I've never tried it, but would like to

Votes: 182 54.8%
  • I've never tried it, but it would not be for me

Votes: 72 21.7%

• Total voters

sheba1

If anyone lives in the Orlando area, I bought QOD keratin off of craigslist. If you go to the orlando craigslist and search for brazilian keratin, you can find it easily. She sells it 3oz for $45 and 4oz for $55. Which I thought was reasonable because I don't have to pay for shipping or wait for it to come in the mail (I'm so impatient). I actually had her apply the product for my and I paid 75 for my shoulder-length hair. I am in love with the results!!!!

Hopefully, I'll have pics of my hair soon...I'm a nursing student so my time is soooo limited lately :(

Thanks for sharing. Please post pics as soon as possible so we know you're not trolling? Is that ok?

naturalgyrl5199

Nope, I won't use BKT because I like my natural hair. I'm sure I won't be able to do my twist-outs after putting it in. If I can wash it out after a week, it would be no problem but if I have to wait months before I could wear my hair curl again, then...... :nono:

My friend who has been natural her WHOLE 25 years got a BKT this past Spring...it seems to just make it easier to straighten. Her curl pattern is 4AB. She is APL+. She will get it blown out and wear it straight for two weeks, then wash it, let it shrink, and do her twists and twist outs for a couple weeks....Wash it again, blow it out, and straighten it for a couple weeks....No loss in curl patternShrinkage still intact...Easier to trim....But easier to straighten now, with a cleaner result.....It was only after knowing she suffered no heat damage and saw the 100% reversion with my own eyes that I became interested. She said hers lasted 3 months....She is going to maintain it.....Her and my friend who does the BKT at her home washes their hair once a week.....She used a formaldehyde version and lets our other natural friend do it at home. She ordered it from Ft. Lauderdale..it cost about 80.00/bottle...But she doesn't do it herself....

Last edited:

sheba1

My friend who has been natural her WHOLE 25 years got a BKT this past Spring...it seems to just make it easier to straighten. Her curl pattern is 4AB. She is APL+. She will get it blown out and wear it straight for two weeks, then wash it, let it shrink, and do her twists and twist outs for a couple weeks....Wash it again, blow it out, and straighten it for a couple weeks....No loss in curl patternShrinkage still intact...Easier to trim....But easier to straighten now, with a cleaner result.....It was only after knowing she suffered no heat damage and saw the 100% reversion with my own eyes that I became interested. She said hers lasted 3 months....She is going to maintain it.....Her and my friend who does the BKT at her home washes their hair once a week.....She used a formaldehyde version and lets our other natural friend do it at home. She ordered it from Ft. Lauderdale..it cost about 80.00/bottle...But she doesn't do it herself....

Thank you for the info! Your twists are just plain lush! :lick: Your growth over the past year has been amazing :yep:

naturalgyrl5199

Thank you for the info! Your twists are just plain lush! :lick: Your growth over the past year has been amazing :yep:

Thanks Sheba1,
I feel like I've been natural a lot longer. I happened to run up on that pic and realized it was just 12 months ago...it seemed like ages ago!

So are you thinkin gof doing a BKT also?

sheba1

Thanks Sheba1,
I feel like I've been natural a lot longer. I happened to run up on that pic and realized it was just 12 months ago...it seemed like ages ago!

I hear you. I would love to be 4 years into my hair journey now and see the progress I've made. :yep: I can't believe my siggy was 10 months ago. I can't wait to see my hair again this coming December. I hope I've made half as much progress as you.

So are you thinking of doing a BKT also?

I actually did several BKTs last year. I documented them in my fotki http://public.fotki.com/sheba1

I haven't done one in a while now because I don't think I need it to keep my hair protected and grow towards my goal. I expect to revisit BKT when I get to MBL. Either that or I may texlax.

Last edited:

hothair

^^^Your friend's regimen is almost exactly mine, I don't have reversion issues and my hair's doing pretty good considering the amount of times I colour/highlight.

Styling's also still a breeze- I don't want to think of what I would do without my treatments:yep:

Aggie

I am thinking about getting a BKT treatment on my hair instead of relaxing in a couple of years and so I am subscribing to follow along for info.

me-T

came in to say hi aggie!:wave: hadn't seem your name pop up in a while!

but since i've used bkt before...
i think it's just heat training with chemicals. really no point. can be expensive, and potentially harmful to your health. why bother? i did end up gettin a good ol' izunami flat iron because of it, so i'm not that mad:lol:

um...just realized aggie's post is old *dumbface*:blush:

Last edited:

Ladybelle

I did the bkt the first time I went natural, I wanna say that was in 09, I didnt like the way it made my hair feel so I only did it once. It did revert with no problems.

Sent from my PC36100 using PC36100

lana

I'm texlaxed with Mizani Lye...I'm BSL and heading toward MBL. I really want to try the BKT, but will it bother my texlaxed hair? IF BKT works on my hair, I will of course stop Texlaxing. I prefer to be natural with BKT hair. But I'm 4zzz and I like to wear my hair straight, not curly. Please reply.

Can someone tag me back into the thread with an answer? Also, may someone please recommend a non-formaldehyde BKT. I was allergic to formaldehyde as a kid (with nail polish).

Thank you!

Napp

Ms. Nobody
I'm texlaxed with Mizani Lye...I'm BSL and heading toward MBL. I really want to try the BKT, but will it bother my texlaxed hair? IF BKT works on my hair, I will of course stop Texlaxing. I prefer to be natural with BKT hair. But I'm 4zzz and I like to wear my hair straight, not curly. Please reply.

Can someone tag me back into the thread with an answer? Also, may someone please recommend a non-formaldehyde BKT. I was allergic to formaldehyde as a kid (with nail polish).

Thank you!

lana it will make your texlaxed ends straighter. my ends used to be really wavy/curly and now they are a slightly wavy. they are super smooth however so i do not have any tangling since i started bkt'ing again. also you don't need to use the heat as high as they advise. I do 2 passes at 340 and my results are great. so far he best ones ive used has formaldehyde:sad: the best non formaldehyde treatment ive used so far is QOD max organiq.