Braidout Spinoff:When doing one can you get by with only a few plaits?

Je Ne Sais Quoi

My hair is a variety of lengths (thanks to me) and I find that because of this and because of shrinkage I can not do 2-8 plaits and think my hair is going to be the hotness the next day.

How many plaits is a necessity for you?

For those of you that are able to do only 2 plaits how long is your hair and what is your texture?

me-T

im apl (collarbone thanx to stretch shrinkage) it depends on how much wave i want, and how lazy i am. i sorta like the wild look so i'll do maybe 6 on wet hair and get a full wavy look. i tend to never do more than 8...lawd im lazy...

Ballerina_Bun

-- I usually only make 2 french braids. Sometimes I will make 4 braids, but never more than that.

For those of you that are able to do only 2 plaits how long is your hair and what is your texture?
-- It's past BSL, but not really sure what texture my hair is ... the whoe hair typing thing confuses me. There are pictures in my album

glam-

I've never done more than 8. 6 is more like the norm for me.
Oh, my hair is in the BSL neighborhood right now, and it is layered also. The braids look funny when they are in, because sometimes shorter layers are peeking out- but I can;t recall doing one where after unbraiding I thought EEEWW, I can't wear this out of the house.

ETA: But I'm not much of a hairstylist, so maybe I shouldn't be wearing those braidouts out of the house :blush:

Isis

My hair is a variety of lengths (thanks to me) and I find that because of this and because of shrinkage I can not do 2-8 plaits and think my hair is going to be the hotness the next day.

I always do 4 plaits/braids. :)