BRAIDS **technique**

Laela

Sidestepping the "lynch mob"
Does anyone know the technique to add hair extensions for single braids to get the wet/wavy look? (The style that requires only 2 paks human hair)

I can do the box braids and cornrows , using the 6 paks of Kanekalon but I believe the human hair requires a different technique from the 'loop' in the C&G method.

TIA :yep:

MyAngelEyez~C~U

As far as I know, you add them the same way, only difference is you may need to knot your braid to keep it from unraveling.

eyunka

When i use Kanekalon hair I always use more than I would human hair. Human hair i only use 1-3/4. Kanekalon I use 4-5 bags. There is more human hair in one package but quote me on that.

Nonie

Same technique :yep: as others have said. Only know that the hair will only remain wavy in the section that isn't braided and that doesn't contain your hair. The girl you posted seems to have not braided the extension hair to the ends thus allowing it to show it's waves. The only thing I see wrong with this, besides the fact that the braids are more likely to unravel and fall out if not braided to the ends, but there's also a risk of the hair tangling.

When I braided my hair, I used hisandher.com water wave human hair, and as you will see below, the beginning of the braid, as with the girl you posted is not wavy because it contains my hair. I did braid to the ends coz I'm cheap and love to save the hair since I use it for a long time, but you will see in the close up pics, that even the braided ends are wavy because they do not contain my hair, so keep their pattern. The pic I've posted was after I washed my hair so you can see some unraveling but it doesn't extend up the braid to my scalp. By braiding to the end, you sort of make it hard for the braids to fall out:

The good thing with human hair though is you can always get it to look wavy from the roots if you want it to by setting it with Curlformers or doing a braid out (cornrowing damp hair and undoing the cornrows when dry).

Curlformer results:

Braid out results:

ETA: Not sure about less hair. I use the same amount of hair for straight and wavy braids. 2 packs or less.

Last edited:

Laela

Sidestepping the "lynch mob"
:bighug: THANK YOU, NONIE!!!!

This is very helpful.... :yep:

Same technique :yep: as others have said. Only know that the hair will only remain wavy in the section that isn't braided and that doesn't contain your hair. The girl you posted seems to have not braided the extension hair to the ends thus allowing it to show it's waves. The only thing I see wrong with this, besides the fact that the braids are more likely to unravel and fall out if not braided to the ends, but there's also a risk of the hair tangling.

When I braided my hair, I used hisandher.com water wave human hair, and as you will see below, the beginning of the braid, as with the girl you posted is not wavy because it contains my hair. I did braid to the ends coz I'm cheap and love to save the hair since I use it for a long time, but you will see in the close up pics, that even the braided ends are wavy because they do not contain my hair, so keep their pattern. The pic I've posted was after I washed my hair so you can see some unraveling but it doesn't extend up the braid to my scalp. By braiding to the end, you sort of make it hard for the braids to fall out:

The good thing with human hair though is you can always get it to look wavy from the roots if you want it to by setting it with Curlformers or doing a braid out (cornrowing damp hair and undoing the cornrows when dry).

Curlformer results:

Braid out results:

ETA: Not sure about less hair. I use the same amount of hair for straight and wavy braids. 2 packs or less.