Bootcamp 2004 - For colored girls who consider

MsLepe

I wish I would have found this thread WAY BEFORE I became double processed!!! Would have saved me SO MANY TEARS!!!! Thanks for the tips! Great thread!! So Far Roux Mend Repair has helped some of my damage, temporarily.....

MuslimahTresses

On the first page Tracy mentioned using a rinse. How long so you have to wait after you've colored yur hair to use the rinse? What is a good brand dye/rinse to choose for a Honey blonde color

Healthb4Length

Glad I found this thread before I color. I'm getting hilites in 3 weeks and I'll be using this as my source for taking care of colored hair.

hothair

On the first page Tracy mentioned using a rinse. How long so you have to wait after you've colored yur hair to use the rinse? What is a good brand dye/rinse to choose for a Honey blonde color

This is a BRILLIANT thread - its been my saving Grace lol

I use a clear rinse - or a honey blonde by Elast QP -works for me:yep:

Healthb4Length

I just got my hair colored a couple of weeks ago and so far everything is going ok. I know now just how serious color is, I need protein so much more now. As long as I keep my protein balance in check my hair is ok. I going to do a John Freida glaze in clear because I want some bling.

LadyPaniolo

:lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen:
OMG, you had me cracking up with this title! I remember that play... the author/playwright is from my area... Big Ups to Trenton NJ!!!!!!

Oh yeah, your reggie sounds great, too! :grin:

JerriBlank

Has anyone tried the foil step?
I miss my color,and my rinses wash out quickly since i co-wash/dc so much.

Healthb4Length

I have some ???s If I colored 2 weeks after a corrective relaxer, Now I'm looking at the front section of my hair and see that it's still a little under processed. That's ok because I can handle it, when the girl did my color she colored over some of the kinky parts too, so now I'm worried about my next touch up which will be in 6-8 weeks. I'm worried about overlapping which for me is inevitable, will the colored sections completely break off even if I use a relaxer for color treated hair? I don't want to walk around with some parts of my hair straight and other parts kinky and breaking. Please help me out. TIA.

pink gator

I have some ???s If I colored 2 weeks after a corrective relaxer, Now I'm looking at the front section of my hair and see that it's still a little under processed. That's ok because I can handle it, when the girl did my color she colored over some of the kinky parts too, so now I'm worried about my next touch up which will be in 6-8 weeks. I'm worried about overlapping which for me is inevitable, will the colored sections completely break off even if I use a relaxer for color treated hair? I don't want to walk around with some parts of my hair straight and other parts kinky and breaking. Please help me out. TIA.

You should be fine. I've never had any problems.

pink gator

Neither did I.

I think the key is to keep your protein levels up inbetween the processes.

I TOTALLY agree with this. Especially with the different textures of your hair, you also should get a shampoo with protein AND moisturizers to help. I like Aveda Damage Remedy.

wyldcurlz

anyone with colored locks doing anything similar to this? alternating between protein and moisturizing treatments with each wash? if so, products what are you using? and how is it working?

i had my hair colored (with peroxide) on a whim and now i'm really scared! i don't do anything on a whim. i'm scared my hair is gonna be brittle, break off and fall out of my head. :nono:

any color experts or girls with colored hair experience or with ideas, inspiration, success stories - please share them!!! pleeeease! thanks!

NitaChantell

anyone with colored locks doing anything similar to this? alternating between protein and moisturizing treatments with each wash? if so, products what are you using? and how is it working?

i had my hair colored (with peroxide) on a whim and now i'm really scared! i don't do anything on a whim. i'm scared my hair is gonna be brittle, break off and fall out of my head. :nono:

any color experts or girls with colored hair experience or with ideas, inspiration, success stories - please share them!!! pleeeease! thanks!

I'm no expert at all, but I can share my experiences. I've colored/bleached my hair a total of 5 times within two years. Last year when I first went natural, I bleached my whole head (Dark & lovely with the lightener) twice in 4 months. When I say my whole head I mean I bleached it from black to blond, then when my roots started coming in I bleached those AND my previously colored hair.

Everyone told me my hair would break off, but I never listen to anyone when it comes to hair care [except you ladies:yep:) so I ignored them. & they were wrong! I co-washed my hair everyday almost, sometimes every other day, and I Deep Conditioned 3-4 times a week. I used Aphogee A LOT, their whole line actually! I would wash with the Shampoo for Damaged Hair weekly, DC with the Keratin 2 Step Re-constructor every 3-4 days, do the 2-step hardcore protein every 6 weeks, and use the keratin spray or pro-vitamin leave in everyday. Sounds like a lot of protein lol. I would moisturize my hair everyday, sometimes twice a day, with my shea butter mix. My hair was soooo healthy.

Ironically, my roommate who was natural at the time and had APL hair decided to dye her hair from black to light brown, and her hair immediately broke off since all she did was wash every 2 weeks with doo gro, oil her scalp with doo gro every few days, and use blue magic on her scalp, which is what she and her stylist claimed would keep her hair healthy. HA!!!! lol sorry that was mean. I just hate when outsiders [people who aren't on LHCF lol] try to tell ME how to handle MY hair.

And to be 100% honest, my hair is colored now, but I'm in a financial rut, and I hate asking my parents for money, so I'm forced to use up every product that I have and wait for my job to pick up until I can buy the products that I need to maintain my color, and to color again. So, my hair is suffering. No breakage, but when I touch my hair, it isn't as soft or as strong as it used to be:nono:

HTH:grin:

Allandra

I sure do miss Tracy (the OP of this thread). I've talked with her in recent years, but I sure do wish she'd come back to the LHCF. Sigh... Tracy if you're reading this, please come back. :wave: