Body lotion as hair moisturizer: does anyone do this?

morehairplease

Body lotion as hair moisturizer/lotion: does anyone do this?

If so, what lotion are you using?

tia,
tishee

Last edited:

LongHairDreams

thanks for replying fnggrant. I am thinking about doing this because my current moisturizer is just not enough.

Some may think different but I don't see anything wrong with it....it if works, go ahead. Shoot, sometimes I do the opposite, when I run out of lotion I use my hair moisturizer :grin:

Lovelylocs

Some may think different but I don't see anything wrong with it....it if works, go ahead. Shoot, sometimes I do the opposite, when I run out of lotion I use my hair moisturizer :grin:

I agree. I don't think there is anything wrong w/using body lotion as a hair moisturizer if it works.

Foxglove

A drop of golden sun
There were a few threads last year about people using vaseline intensive lotion or something like that late last year

Mook's hair

I do sometimes.
I use Baby Magic Baby Lotion in the white bottle.

AND my husband uses Suave Vitamin e Lotion on his gorgeous waves.

BrooklynSouth

Surely do! I use a mango body lotion to which I add glycerin and aloe vera. Keeps my hair moisturized, shiney and very soft roots.

TexturedTresses

Oh my gosh, I was just about to post this. I was eyeing an Aubrey Organics moisturizer with GREAT ingredients. I think it was the moist passionflower or something like that.

TexturedTresses

These are the ingredients to the AO Ultimate Moist™ Passionflower Hand & Body Lotion

Coconut Fatty Acid Cream Base, White Camellia Oil, Organic Sunflower Oil, Macadamia Nut Oil, Aubrey's Preservative (Citrus Seed Extract, Vitamins A, C and E), Passionflower (Ylang Ylang Oil, Orange Oil, Clary Sage Oil, Neroli Oil).

I especially like the Sunflower Oil because it has natural ceramides.
And the thing is lotion is usually cheaper then hair moisturizer.

Last edited:

Auburn

Im looking at this bottle of Olay body quench and it was saying how it gives 24 hour hydration and even PREVENTS dryness over time. "First, Quench provides an immediate burst of moisture that continues for 24 hours. Then, drawn deep into the skin's surfact, it repairs and nourishes the moisture barrier, strengthening skin's resilience against everyday drying conditions"

That sounds like something I would want to put on my SCALP! It has glycerin, sorbitol, shea butter, amino acids, panthenol, a silicone. heck, im starting to like this! I havent tried it on my scalp though. Dont know if I will :look:

Last edited:

morehairplease

Im looking at this bottle of Olay body quench and it was saying how it gives 24 hour hydration and even PREVENTS dryness over time. "First, Quench provides an immediate burst of moisture that continues for 24 hours. Then, drawn deep into the skin's surfact, it repairs and nourishes the moisture barrier, strengthening skin's resilience against everyday drying conditions"

That sounds like something I would want to put on my SCALP! It has glycerin, sorbitol, shea butter, amino acids, panthenol, a silicone. heck, im starting to like this! I havent tried it on my scalp though. Dont know if I will :look:

this smells delish! :yep::yep:

PatTodd

Not a lotion, but on a humbug I started using this WalMart Simply Basic body butter on my hair and it makes it soooooooo soft.

poookie

i do the opposite sometimes. i can't use methol or peppermint oil on my scalp, or i'll get terrible headaches. so i use the hair one cleansing cream as a lotion / shave cream, and i use the giovanni tea tree conditioner as a facial lotion.

SundaiMorn

These are the ingredients to the AO Ultimate Moist™ Passionflower Hand & Body Lotion

Coconut Fatty Acid Cream Base, White Camellia Oil, Organic Sunflower Oil, Macadamia Nut Oil, Aubrey's Preservative (Citrus Seed Extract, Vitamins A, C and E), Passionflower (Ylang Ylang Oil, Orange Oil, Clary Sage Oil, Neroli Oil).

I especially like the Sunflower Oil because it has natural ceramides.
And the thing is lotion is usually cheaper then hair moisturizer.

Oh my gosh, I was just about to post this. I was eyeing an Aubrey Organics moisturizer with GREAT ingredients. I think it was the moist passionflower or something like that.

Thanks for info...these ingredients sound heavenly...especially the camellia oil. I have been wanting to try that. I may stop by Whole Foods on my home to see if they this lotion :scratchch. It couldn't hurt...if it does not work than I have a new lotion.

TexturedTresses

Thanks for info...these ingredients sound heavenly...especially the camellia oil. I have been wanting to try that. I may stop by Whole Foods on my home to see if they this lotion :scratchch. It couldn't hurt...if it does not work than I have a new lotion.

let us know how this goes.

cluelezz

I used some sort of cheap papaya body butter lotion the other day. I'm in college and well, I'm poor. It had no cones or mineral oil. I've used palmer's cocoa butter lotion a few times. It wasn't good enough to keep doing, but it wasn't bad.

SundaiMorn

let us know how this goes.

I stopped by Whole Foods on my way home. The did not have AO Ultimate Moist™ Passionflower Hand & Body Lotion but they did have AO Rosa Mosqueta that contains:

Coconut Fatty Acid Cream Base, Vegetable Glycerin, Sweet Almond Oil, Organic Aloe Vera, Linoleic Acid (Vitamin F), White Camellia Oil, Organic Sunflower Oil, Organic Rosa Mosqueta® Oil, Organic Jojoba Oil, Macadamia Nut Oil, St. John's Wort Oil, Rosewater, Organic Geranium Oil, Organic Lavender Oil, Essential Oil Blend (Lavender Oil, Bergamot Oil, Ylang Ylang), Aubrey's Preservative (Citrus Seed Extract, Vitamins A, C and E).

This has more ingredients than the AO Ultimate Moist™ Passionflower so I am still researching to see what effect each of these ingredients have on hair. I will keep you posted.

truequeen06

I used to back in high school. I'd use it to slick my hair back too. I used Vaseline Intensive Moisture or one of those Nivea lotions. My hair grew lots . . . until I got to college.

blvilla23

I also use body lotion. I was using Aveeno Active Naturals Daily Moisturizing Lotion. Now I am using new Jergens Naturals Hydrate Daily Moisturizer. Works great for me to soften new growth.

QT

I haven’t tried this however, I can see me doing this if I ran out of my regular moisturizer. I won't put anything on my hair that I can’t use on my face / body.