Bigen Permanent Powder

Have you tried Bigen Permanent Powder Hair Color?

• Yes, I have tried this product!

Votes: 117 63.9%
  • No, I have not tried this product!

Votes: 66 36.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Esq.2B

well...update..

It totally takes the gray out ..that's the good news..
my hair does feel drier,though...
I will have to monitor carefully cas I heard it can
fall out w/Bigen

Wondering if there is any hair dressing I can use as moisturizer
between washing/blows drys as a natural..

guess the standard EVOO?

I guess any moisturizer that you'd normally try with good results. I like ORS Olive Oil moisturizer and Elasta QP Mango Butter. I also use Profective Break-free but that's for when I need protein as it has a bit of protein in it.

TLC1020

I used the Bigen in Oriental Black this morning and it wasn't bad, however I was only able to color one side of my hair :wallbash:. I looked in the bowl after mixing the product and I thought to myself this does not look like enough for my hair b/c my hair is really thick but I decided to use it anyway. Low and behold I was only able to color one side :nono:. I decided to walk to beauty supply store, however it was closed at 9am and walgreens don't sell the product, I was too through :wallbash:.

I just said I'll try it again next week, so I went to sallys I bought two boxes...:ohwell: Right now my ends are baggied and my hair is back in a bun.:ohwell:

Are you going to..or did you try it?

Esq.2B

I used the Bigen in Oriental Black this morning and it wasn't bad, however I was only able to color one side of my hair :wallbash:. I looked in the bowl after mixing the product and I thought to myself this does not look like enough for my hair b/c my hair is really thick but I decided to use it anyway. Low and behold I was only able to color one side :nono:. I decided to walk to beauty supply store, however it was closed at 9am and walgreens don't sell the product, I was too through :wallbash:.

I just said I'll try it again next week, so I went to sallys I bought two boxes...:ohwell: Right now my ends are baggied and my hair is back in a bun.:ohwell:

Well, tell us how you like the side that you did. :lol:

How many boxes did you use?

Puddles

On Cloud 9

:ohwell:Oops.....should have told you. Looking at your hair it's about the same as mine. I use two boxes.....and sometimes I feel I need 3.

Well keep it moisturized as usual and you should be fine.

Keep us posted. :grin:

Last edited:

TLC1020

I got a chance to do the right side and it is black but I didn't get a chance to really look at b/c I was so mad looking at my hair and being able to only color one side :wallbash:.. I left the conditioner in for a couple of hours and once my hair was dry I put it in a bun and baggied the ends. I will try it again next weekend.. I bought two boxes so I hopefully I will be fine this time.

Well, tell us how you like the side that you did. :lol:

How many boxes did you use?

ckn

I am crazy gray in the crown of my head.... and sides...and middle...okay so I am mad gray right now. I need to find something that will work this issue out...wish me luck. I will be trying this next month after my next relaxer. I can't wait!!!...thanks ladies!!!!!

My gray is out of control too...I currently using a rinse. I'm using an amythist color because I was scared of the contrast with new growth grays coming in with a black rinse...not to mention the rinse fades! Does the Bigen work for you? I'm not sure I'm ready to do the henna I've read about here from the Indian stores...

TLC1020

UPDATE::::

I colored my hair this weekend with oriental black and I loved the results, however my hair is really thick b/c I am 6 weeks post and I air dried my hair... I ended up using 4 boxes
So far so good though, right now my hair is back in a bun and yesterday I baggied the ends to keep them moist... :grin::grin:

baddison

natural for good
UPDATE::::

I colored my hair this weekend with oriental black and I loved the results, however my hair is really thick b/c I am 6 weeks post and I air dried my hair... I ended up using 4 boxes
So far so good though, right now my hair is back in a bun and yesterday I baggied the ends to keep them moist... :grin::grin:

How long does the color last before it begins to fade???? How often should you retouch with Bigen?? More than monthly??:ohwell:

TLC1020

My mom use bigen to cover her gray, that's the only part she complain about fading so I don't think it fades quick at all.. I hope it don't fade when I do my touch-up.. I am currently 6 weeks post relaxer and going twelve so that is go good amount of time for the color to settle in w/o damaging my hair.... I will be doing deep conditioning with every shampoo... Overrall from the comments I read, the color last long...

How long does the color last before it begins to fade???? How often should you retouch with Bigen?? More than monthly??:ohwell:

Puddles

On Cloud 9

Mine doesn't fade. Since it's permanent it shouldn't fade at all if applied correctly.
I touch up a week after my relaxers....so that's about every 8 weeks.

Extremus

My mom use bigen to cover her gray, that's the only part she complain about fading so I don't think it fades quick at all.. I hope it don't fade when I do my touch-up.. I am currently 6 weeks post relaxer and going twelve so that is go good amount of time for the color to settle in w/o damaging my hair.... I will be doing deep conditioning with every shampoo... Overrall from the comments I read, the color last long...

I always loved the your jet black hair in your avatar. Did the Bigen make it even darker?

Chevelure618

Bigen is wonderful. Totally non-damaging and the color is true and lasts. It is the only one that covers my WHITE hairs completely. And it is CHEAP!!

Leesh

I used Bigen some years ago and it gave me a major setback, it damaged my hair something terrible, I will not ever use it again.
Just food for thought.

dream13

I've been using Bigen for years. I haven't noticed any breakage or dryness from it.

Pros:
- It gets my hair blacker and the color lasts longer than anything else I've tried. All I have to do is touch up my roots every 6-8 weeks or so.
- It's permanent, so the color never bleeds when I shampoo.
- The consistency is thick, so the color doesn't run all down my face and back.

Cons:
- Once you go BIGEN black...there's no turning back. Nothing's getting rid of that color. You'll have to cut it out.

HoneyDew

I do use henna on Bigen'ed hair, even though it says not to.

I have never had a problem.

I only use Bigen once ever 4-6 months though. I use henna once a month or more.

I do notice that henna makes the Black less shoe polish looking, that aspect that some complain about.

mizzdee

I've tried it in the jet black and it dried my hair something terrible. I liked the color tho. I now use clairol radiance and I like that much better.

Chevelure618

This a FANTASTIC rinse. No ammonia/no peroxide. It is the ONLY one that completely covers my white. My grey came in in one place and it is stark WHITE and Bigen covers it. My hair does not feel damaged or dry AT ALL after this. My hair laughs at Jazzing, and Beautiful Browns. Also, the shade selections are true to the samples. ANDDDDD it is CHEAP!

Blkprincess

I personally don't use it, but I use it on my mother's grays, and it works great. It's the only coloring we use in her hair, great results, no complaints!

lowridin76

I loooved it! My hair is still black! Some of the other "permanent" dyes I've used before faded after a short while.

dany06

I used this stuff in black brown and oriental black back in October. It dried my hair out pretty badly. It also totally changed my texture from feeling silky to feel kinda rough, but the color is so pretty. I had gotten both boxes because I wanted to see what color would not look so harsh. I used the black brown in the front and it looked pretty black to me. My hair was clown orange prior to using this color. (I had hennaed my bleached blonde hair a few times and it was only getting brighter and more red) I was in desperate need for a color that was dark because I messed up my indigo. I tried to use some of my over extended dye released indigo in the front. I turn my ends a darkish blue brown. Also, I didnt dye any of my new grown. I tried to just apply the color on my ends. Well the begin in black brown has not faded yet in the front which was dark brown prior to dying. The rest of my hair that was clown orange and fire engine red I dyed oriental black. I ran out of the black brown by the time I got to the back of my head. After using a little heat recently the oriental black has started to fade to a warm brown. So the front of my hair ends are still pretty black, yet the ends in the back are medium brown. Im gradually cutting them off because the dye made my hair feel fried. I still have to say that it produces a beautiful color with lots of pretty shine but changes my texture for the worse.

Well, Im almost finished cutting off all of the colored ends that have lightened up in the back. I want to try the color again on hair that is maybe more healthy. I just have to reiterate that the black produced is so beautiful especially on hair that is already dark. Its totally different from the look that is given with indigo and semi permanent dyes. This stuff can make natural 4a/b hair shine when dry. And that is also with no product in it.

For those wondering aboutthe black brown it is really just cool blackish color. While mixing it, the color was kinda of green. I also compared my hair to jet black and it definitely wasn't that dark, yet it lack any real warmth to be considered off black.