Bigen Permanent Powder

Have you tried Bigen Permanent Powder Hair Color?

• Yes, I have tried this product!

Votes: 117 63.9%
  • No, I have not tried this product!

Votes: 66 36.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

thickness

this is by far the best color rinse out there! I love the oriental jet black color. It is the only rinse that covers my gray completely.

Caramela

I really love it. I mix mine up with water and conditioner and let it soak into my hair that way.

fluffylocks

I've used this (I think, last time i brought it i think it was in an all orange box)

The color is great.

But then i start reading about PPD or something in this product that can cause an allergic reaction and i saw photos of a girls face really swole and read that this can happen anytime no matter how many times you've used the product before
And then that when you mix water it with water it makes hydrogen peroxide i believe? Or it makes its own developer so its not really peroxide free?

But anyway, i use to use it ALL the time, color was much more intense than any other black hair dye i've used and it seemed to last way longer than any other i've ever tried before.

Caramela

how much conditioner do u add and what kind? im interested in tryin this

I used a cheapie conditioner. I don't know exact measurements. I probably used about 1/4 bottle of conditioner, 1/4 bottle of water (so we're up to 1/2 bottle of liquid) and then I added 2 bottles of the Oriental black.
My hair was really conditioned and the color was very rich. But it messed up my shower something awful though in the rinse out. I had to use a cleaner with bleach to remove it all.

TLC1020

Thanks ladies, so its a permanent hair color?? I don't want to put dye in my hair, dye thinned my hair and made it damaged really bad..

babyleaf

I am crazy gray in the crown of my head.... and sides...and middle...okay so I am mad gray right now. I need to find something that will work this issue out...wish me luck. I will be trying this next month after my next relaxer. I can't wait!!!...thanks ladies!!!!!

Aidenberry03

I put the oriental black on dry hair, wait an hour, rinse....then I deep condition. It can be a little drying but the results are wonderful.

Puddles

On Cloud 9
this is by far the best color rinse out there! I love the oriental jet black color. It is the only rinse that covers my gray completely.

I totally agree. I don't know why I stopped using it.
I'm going back to this. I also used the jet black and I loved how my hair looked.
And it lasts a very long time. :yep:

FemmeCreole

Island Gyal
I thought about trying this but I went with a semi permanent color instead. Maybe I may still try it next time I need to color since the color I used didn't get me jet black all over as I expected.

Maybe I just didn't apply correctly.....*shrugs*

camilla

CARAMELA DOES THE CONDITIONER MAKE THE COLOR DULL? I HEARD THAT COND. WITH HAIR COLOR MAKES IT LESS VIBRANT? I USED IT BE FOR AND LOVED IT I WILL GO BACK MAYBE A CHOCOLATE BROWN

collegeDoll

i used this in Oriental Black and loved it! my hair felt fine and after dc, even better. i spilled some on my carpet and it came right out....

puddin

I used it too, but never with cond and more water than the box indicated...I am tempted to try it again... I wasn't a fan b/c my hair was really dry and started breaking...

malachi74

i may try this next time i color. i've been using semi-permanent rinses but what diff does it make if i'm going to keep my hair black anyway

aprilsgem

i've used the oriental black in the past for years and absolutely loved the color payoff...it does tend to be drying but as long as you deep condition and keep your moisturized you should be fine...but as another poster said you could try using the conditioner along with the dye while applying...

yellagirl730

If you use, do a strand test first. I am just getting over my second allergic reaction to a color (allergic to ppd). Had to take Prednisone and was told reaction would get worse with every reaction you have.

MonPetite

This will be unpopular but BIGEN IS HIGHLY TOXIC. It has more PPD than any other dye you're likely to find in a BSS or in a drugstore/superstore.

This stuff is EXTREMELY dangerous.

I use to use it. Even put up with the unpredictable nature of its drying effects for a couple years. I always had reactions to it, but for some reason just dealt with it. Until I researched PPD and the terrifying amount that is used to give you such inky black hair.

Please try another permanent color! Or use demi-permanents with heat. They tend to BECOME permanent becaue the color molecules in black pigment are so massive.

I've revied a couple alternatives in my Color album, but there are plenty on the market far less dangerous.

longhairlover

I've used it several times it's ok, good color, i used the jet black color in the box don't know if that one is permanent. Most colors i use actually don't last long anyway, but there is a good permanent hair color i think by dark and lovely for permed hair, it's really nice and your hair comes out soft and very very nice.

Have anyone tried this hair color? What were your results?
I heard that it's really a semi-permanent hair rinse, I want to try the black or jet black.

http://www.folica.com/Bigen_Permanent_d1246.html

Puddles

On Cloud 9
I've used it several times it's ok, good color, i used the jet black color in the box don't know if that one is permanent. Most colors i use actually don't last long anyway, but there is a good permanent hair color i think by dark and lovely for permed hair, it's really nice and your hair comes out soft and very very nice.

OT: Love your hair. Is color in it...and if so by who? The shine is amazing.

Ramya

I tried the permanent in the orange box (blue black) and it lasted 2 weeks... I am not a fan at all.

HeyItsHoney

I remember this stuff from when I was a teenager. Its weird some of you saying it faded...because it was like ink on my hair. NOTHING would get it out. I remember going to a salon and someone telling me nothing would remove Bigen.