Anyone use Bigen Permanent Color?

SimpleKomplexity

I hate doing rinses now, because I'm starting to pick back up on my cowashes. My rinse is gone in like 2 wks!! I want my hair back black, so I picked up an Oriental Black Bigen Permanent kit. I bought it because that's all Cathy Howse claims she uses. She says it's not drying even though it's a permanent color. Anyone had any experience with this?

SheenaVee

I've used it once. I dnt think it was drying but I think it caused a bit of shedding for me. Plus it seemed to wash out after a while like a rinse, it didnt seem permanent.

lboogie2679

I have been using it for awhile. I love it. Most black colors I use fade but this one doesn't. It can be drying at first so I follow up with a dc.

SimpleKomplexity

Hmm....I'm just scared abotu using it. I don't want to mess up the progress I have so far. Maybe if I up the cowashing my hair will be okay if I use this color? I just think Black hair makes your hair look healthier so I wanna color it.....I wanna trim to, but I'm being good. NO TRIMS til APL

lilsparkle825

Hmm....I'm just scared abotu using it. I don't want to mess up the progress I have so far. Maybe if I up the cowashing my hair will be okay if I use this color? I just think Black hair makes your hair look healthier so I wanna color it.....I wanna trim to, but I'm being good. NO TRIMS til APL
up the DCs > up the cowashes

AKA-Tude

I have used this only once, but I must say it worked really well.

I covered my grays with it and it lasted much longer than I thought it would since it's a semi.

I had no damage/dryness/shedding at all.

I did have to use 2 bottles for one use, but I was VERY pleased!

I have been using Bigen Oriental Black 10+ years. It can be drying so I dc after every use. I tried Beautiful collections once but the color did not last nearly as long as Bigen.

NikNik79

I LOVE Bigen because the color lasts so long and it gets my hair super black.Nothing else that I have used can compare to it. I use 2 bottles because they are small, but I only have to use it like twice a year.

The ladies before me were on point about the DC cuz it can be drying. I always use the ORS replenishing pak right after and I'm good 2 go.

My stylist once told me not to use Bigen, but she didn't give me a valid reason why. I think she just wants me to come to her instead:rolleyes:

Platinum

I used to work in a salon as a nail tech (about 10 years ago). The owner used Bigen for most of her clients.:yep:

Filmatic

I don't use black, as you can tell but this is by far my fav dye. I didn't get the drying effect and I had no shedding. If you are scared just make sure to do a DC afterwards.

glamazon386

A lot of men use it... I've known a few people to use it and it dried their hair out really bad. And it's hard to get out. You have to grow it out. So if you don't want black hair forever, I wouldn't use it. But other than that, you should be find as long as you stay on top of Dcing.

yellagirl730

I tried it and I love the color its just that it has PPD in it and I'm allergic to it. Just got off Prednisone. So please do a strand test.

ILYandY

I have used it and its good but I had to deep condition afterwards. I now use dark and lovely because bigen gives off a strong scent that bothers me. The color last long though, the longer it stays on the darker it gets I used darkbrown 57 and let it sit for 20 minutes and had jet black hair I looked like mortica from the adams family.

nodisrespect

i bought a bottle but i cant decide when i want to use it... im not going to be straightening my hair for awhile now so its really no point to bother right now... the next time i know i'll be straightening again is after my next relaxer and idk if i want to relax, dye, and flat iron all in one go :nono::nono::nono: sounds like a recipe for disaster :sad:

adw425

I have been using for well over a year. It might be two years by now. The first time I used it, it dried my hair out horribly. I never knew why, but I just DCed. The two times ago, it dried my hair out terribly as well, but I was on the phone and left the stuff in too long, so I figured that is what I did the first time because all the other times I have used it, I have had not problems at all with it. I use oriental black and I love it. I am using today as a matter of fact.

I used it (oriental black) several months ago and was happy with results. It is VERY difficult to get out of your skin however, so be careful! I also experienced dryness post coloring and my hair was fine after DCing.

A friend of mine told me about someone she knew that had a bad reaction to it so I looked it up online and there are some people that do have a bad reaction so I agree with the poster who recommended a strand test before use.

Happy Coloring!:grin: