Bigen Permanent Powder

Have you tried Bigen Permanent Powder Hair Color?

• Yes, I have tried this product!

Votes: 117 63.9%
  • No, I have not tried this product!

Votes: 66 36.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

goodmorningruby

A severe allergic reaction to PPD and going into anaphylactic shock is not worth achieving a different hair color, IMHO.Having a H.A.M. for hair because of dryness and dullness from botched dye jobs is one thing. It can always, in worst case scenario, be trimmed off and grown back. However, messing with your internal health (i.e. getting Bigen into the blood stream through the scalp) can pose more severe long term, or even short term problems. Bigen isn't completely natural as I understand it, and even completely natural products can respond badly with some people. But where it concerns chemicals, I think usually the idea is to "pick your poison".

Desarae

I used Bigen for the first time and I LOVED the results, no dryness whatsoever.
I have had a current negative PPD/TB skin test so that put me at ease as far as allergic reactions go. I still did the skin fold test 48 hours before I used Oriental Black and I admit I was still a little nervous. But the results....LOVE!

I have since used it on 3 other people (all did skin tests 48 hours before) with good results, no dryness, no allergies.

To each his own, but I like it and i'm going to touch up my roots again soon with it. I don't want to use it too often because I know PPD allergies can develop out of nowhere

My hair color in my siggy is from Bigen and I still have lots of shine, even without the flash.

Serenity_Peace

Genius never dies!
I used Bigen for the first time and I LOVED the results, no dryness whatsoever.
I have had a current negative PPD/TB skin test so that put me at ease as far as allergic reactions go. I still did the skin fold test 48 hours before I used Oriental Black and I admit I was still a little nervous. But the results....LOVE!

I have since used it on 3 other people (all did skin tests 48 hours before) with good results, no dryness, no allergies.

To each his own, but I like it and i'm going to touch up my roots again soon with it. I don't want to use it too often because I know PPD allergies can develop out of nowhere

My hair color in my siggy is from Bigen and I still have lots of shine, even without the flash.

Same here. I've been using Bigen for many years because I don't want the harsh chemicals of peroxide and ammonia. Day #3 and my hair is silky shiny and blackest black. I've had no breakage and no dryness. The key for me is to keep my ends moisturized and sealed. I also clarified and performed a hot oil treatment with EVOO/Coconut Oil/Honey mix prior to coloring. Adding porosity control to my deep conditioner also helped with moisture and stave off dryness. So far, so good. And again, I've been using Bigen Oriental Black for many years, with the only drawbacks being the ones I mentioned earlier in this thread. :yep:

soslychic

Another girl checking in since ending up in the Urgent Treament Center after using Bigen. :-( Ashame...I love the blackness of my hair.