Final braid regime. Suggesions?....

soslychic

Ok, I took in to count some of your resposnes and from other sources and this is what I've come up with as far as a braid routine. I know it's long so if you don't have time, skip this for later
Any suggesions?....

BRAID CARE
6 MONTHS (plus in between waiting time)
Goal: Grow 3/4-1 inch a month
MONTH 1

PRE BRAIDS-
*Cut one inch off hair for a clean palette of no split ends.
*Start a good diet, exercise, and vitamin routine.
*Make sure hair is NOT freshly relaxed. Wait at least 2 weeks after relaxer.
*2 weeks before braids, pretreat with mayo, egg, honey, and olive oil, wash, deep
condition for 30 minutes under dryer, and leave-in, moisturizer and oil and style.
Repeat in same week.
(If doing daily rinse, apply moisturizing conditioner after rinse for 10-30 minutes, rinse
out, and proceed to style)
*One week before braids, pretreat, wash hair, light protein condition under dryer for 30
minutes, moisturize condition, put in leave in, moisturizer, and a few drops of oil and
style.
*3 days later in same week, pretreat, wash, deep condition, leave-in and moisturizer, and
style

BRAIDS-
*Braid in pretreated Kanekelon hair. Make sure hair is not too tight!
To pretreat hair: Use a twister to hold the hair together. Run a sink full of hot water. Pour
a cup of vinegar in and stir. Swish the kanekalon hair around in it and leave it for 10-15
minutes. Take out of water and rinse under warm water. Hang to dry. Then sprary with
braid spray. Allow to dry overnight. Spray once more lightly before you apply to hair.
*Leave braids in for 1 month0 only.
*Wash braids once weekly with regular shampoo. Be very gentle as not to fuzz up braids.
*Condition with diluted hydrating conditioner after every wash and rinse gently.
*Spray some Infusium 23 on hair. Apply a GENEROUS amount of braid spray on towel
dried hair and scalp. Start with scalp and spray lightly, then move on to hair and saturate.
Put a few drops of olive oil throughout braids to lock in moisture.
* Daily spray braids with braid spray in morning and before bed at night.
* If braids get fuzzy at crown, brush 3 or 4 strokes back very gently with boar bristle
brush
*Style ends of hair (that are left out) with hot water to curl or blow dry or curl on VERY
low heat when hair is wet. Hot curling when hair is wet is another option.
*Be very gentle in braid updos. Never pull braid in tight ponytail and be careful with
bobby pins, clips, and other hair accesories.
*Wrap braids nightly and sleep in satin or silk bonnet/scarf.

POST BRAIDS-
*Take braids out carefully and comb through each section with a wide tooth comb as it
comes down.
*Pre treat, wash with clarifying shampoo, then a detangling shampoo, deep protein
condition (45 minutes follow with a moisture condition).
*Add leave-in, moisturizer, and oils, and style in protective style for one week (follow
regular routine, deep condition with every wash and take special care of ends)
*After week is up, relax new growth only
*Wait 2 more week to put in braids again (follow regular wash routine, deep condition
with every wash and take special care of ends)
*Always check for split ends and trim.

MONTH 2

Follow procedure for month one except:

*Do not use a protein when braids are taken out. Instead deep condition under dryer for
45-60 minutes. (Alternate protein and deep condition with every time braids come out)
*Don't relax after braids are taken out. (Relax every OTHER time) Instead, simply wait 2
weeks before adding braids again.

PRODUCTS FOR BRAIDS

1. clarifying shampoo- KeraCare 1st Lather Shampoo or Nexxus Aloe Rid
2. regular shampoo- Creme of Nature Moisturizing Formula
3. hydrating conditioner- Nexxus Humectress
4. leave in- Infusium 23
5. oils- jojoba oil, extra virgin olive oil, castor oil, rosemary oil
6. braid spray- African Pride
7. vinegar- Apple Cider Vinegar
8. deep conditioner- LeKair Cholesterol
9. any sharp pair of trimming shears
10. pre shampoo treatment- mayo, egg, olive oil, honey
11. boar bristle brush
12. wide tooth comb
13. spray bottle for infusium
14. satin bonnet
15. gentle hair accesories and clips

MONTH 3-6

*Continue all of steps and keep up with good diet, exercise, and vitamin routine.
*In this time, decide whether to continue with the braids for the entire 6 months or if hair
has grown enough, stop braids and begin to take care of natural hair again.

E

EgyptianSand16

I think that regime IS ON POINT
i might try it too..But it seems no matter how careful i am with braids my edges still suffer a little
what is up? I am also looking to grow my natural hair out(transitioning right now) Does anybody have any other methods other than the braid route

ineedmoney

homie your regimen is the truth! i'm gonna steal it. oh and high five on the products. i too use humetress and lekair, and i just bought me some african pride( don't you just love the smell!!!!
)

ElizaBlue

Thanks for the hard work. I have a question, what if you did not pretreat the synthetic hair first. I thought about it afterwards, like the third day. So I put some ACV in a bottle sprayed my hair, left it on for about 15 minutes and then got in the shower and rinsed. I have cornrows in front and individuals in back. I probably should have diluted the ACV and left it on longer. If I do conditioner rinses daily do you think this will make up for not treating the synthetic hair, I mean as far as moisturizing?

TinyT

I like this too, I am doing alot of this, but I will incorporate some of the other steps when I take them out.

Thanks,
Tracy

ngaa

eliza blue u really dont have to wash the hair everyday coz that will definatly cause the hair to unravel and get fuzzy quickerr than it wud normally have done. bcoz u've already done the acv treatment then the hair shudnt come out dry if u moisturise it wit either activator or wit some sort of braids spray

and soslychic all i can say i wow!! girl thats one hell of a regiment u have!! we have similar regiments except mine aint as well thot out and u kno the deal wit the exercise bit coz ngaa knows all about laziness
i'm keepin mine in for 8weeks at a time and not really usin protective styles wen out of braids coz my hair's too short for most of them, if not all protective styles
and i'm keepin them in for a yr so wish me luck!!

soslychic

Thanks so much guys (Believe it or not I just got back to this post. I decided to wait another month to start my regime when my hair is in better condition). I really appreciate everyone's responses!

debyjay

Wow chic, I just know your hair will grow! with a regimen like that it has no choice but to grow. I didn't do any of that and mine grew anyway. So now I'm gonna print out your regimen and follow it when next I braid up in January.

JenJen2721

Re: Final braid regime. Suggesions?....Soslychic..

Are you still using this regimen? How has it been working for you????

soslychic

Re: Final braid regime. Suggesions?....Soslychic..

[ QUOTE ]
JenJen2721 said:
Are you still using this regimen? How has it been working for you????

[/ QUOTE ]

I am not actually following the regime anymore. I didn't do it for nearly as long as I thought I would because I decided to go ahead and go extension free, get a relaxer and just start caring for my real hair. However, I'm transitioning now back to my natural hair. Go figure

I'm just working with my hair and it's 2 textures right now but if I get some kinky twist extensions to help me out during my transitioning through the summer, I'm sure I would apply some of the tips that I had listed. Happy growing!