Bentonite Clay Review

charmtreese

Stats: 4b/relaxed/Very fine/Medium density/ 11 ½ weeks post

After all of my research on Bentonite Clay I finally decided to give it a try. The thing that really made me want to try it was the reports of having softer new growth after each treatment. Also the fact that the clay could be used as a clarifying agent was a BIG plus.

Here’s what I did:

1)[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]Mixed the Bentonite in a glass bowl with water until it was the consistency of yogurt. I smooshed all of the lumps out with my plastic fork
2)[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]Applied to my hair starting at the back making sure to get the clay onto my scalp. I did not apply any oil to my hair since it was already pretty oiling from my daily moisturizing and sealing routine.
3)[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]Massaged the clay through my hair thoroughly and then wrapped my head with plastic.
4)[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]After about an hour or so I rinsed- The clay rinsed out really easy (easier than henna) my hair felt soft and tangle free during the rinse. I did the scratch test on my scalp and I did not find any residue from my weekly moisturizing regimen under my nail.
5)[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]Continued with my regular wash routine proceeding with (the bentonite clay took the place of my regular pre-poo and first wash with WEN) Nexxus Emergencee (2-3min), Rinse with WEN lavender, Deep Condition with Jessicurl Weekly Moisturizing Treatment (left in overnight, normally leave in for 30 min with heat), Rollerset.

Results:

I LIKE it! I really, really like it!!!!!:yep::yep::yep: This year has really been a year of discoveries for me, first henna and now this. I’m really impressed with the results. I have about 3 textures of hair on my head and at almost 12 weeks post my wet hair was extremely easy to manage and tangle free with no knots or matted hair near the ng and relaxed hair. I’m revising my current regimen to incorporate Bentonite Clay. I plan on using it as a clarifying treatment once every 4 weeks!!!

morehairplease

thanks for sharing sweetie! I plan on purchasing a bottle from Wild Oats when the 21 day regimen challenge ends and giving it a try.

msa

Yay! I'm glad you liked it. I love bentonite clay!

It makes my scalp feel great and I swear it detangles my hair somehow. So far I've used it every couple of weeks (including last night).

Don't forget to try it on your skin, it's great that way as well. If I get a pimple I just make a little paste and put it on there at night and it's gone by the morning.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
WOW Charm!:grin: Thanks for the Review. msa also gave me some good tips in using Bentonite Clay.

I've been Having this in my Stash for about 6 months and didn't quite Know what to do with it!:nono:

And didn't want to just use it for a Facial because I didn't know exactly "How" to use it on my Hair or was Afraid I wouldn't be able to get it outta My Hair.:rolleyes:

Your Review is Extremely Helpful.:scratchch I would like to pull it out and use it soon. It's really good to know that it is easy to Rinse Out.:yep:

I was SO worried it would harden up like "Clay":look:

I will incorporate this into one of the weeks when I need to Clarify.

charmtreese

WOW Charm!:grin: Thanks for the Review. msa also gave me some good tips in using Bentonite Clay.

I've been Having this in my Stash for about 6 months and didn't quite Know what to do with it!:nono:

And didn't want to just use it for a Facial because I didn't know exactly "How" to use it on my Hair or was Afraid I wouldn't be able to get it outta My Hair.:rolleyes:

Your Review is Extremely Helpful.:scratchch I would like to pull it out and use it soon. It's really good to know that it is easy to Rinse Out.:yep:

I was SO worried it would harden up like "Clay":look:

I will incorporate this into one of the weeks when I need to Clarify.

Ummmm, can you or msa please share those tips!!!!:lachen: I had a great experience, but if you all know of a way to make it better...let a sistah know!!!

Before I wrapped my head in plastic I did feel it harden a bit...that made me a little nervous, but everything was fine when I rinsed it out. :yep::yep:

SelahOco

I actually let mine harden like a mask before I wash it out! I love using the clay. I mix it with a little ACV for my hair and mix it w/ water for my face!

msa

Ummmm, can you or msa please share those tips!!!!:lachen: I had a great experience, but if you all know of a way to make it better...let a sistah know!!!

Before I wrapped my head in plastic I did feel it harden a bit...that made me a little nervous, but everything was fine when I rinsed it out. :yep::yep:

I think I've probably told you before Charm. I got all my tips from Angelicus, by the way.

-Make your mix more yogurt like than clay like (so use enough water).
-Don't let it dry on your hair. Cover with a plastic cap until you're ready to rinse out.
-Rinse well (especially the scalp).

It always rinses out really easy for me and conditioner gets out anything I may have missed.

Charm, I noticed you did your protein right after the clay. I do that as well (with AO GPB).

charmtreese

I think I've probably told you before Charm. I got all my tips from Angelicus, by the way.

-Make your mix more yogurt like than clay like (so use enough water).
-Don't let it dry on your hair. Cover with a plastic cap until you're ready to rinse out.
-Rinse well (especially the scalp).

It always rinses out really easy for me and conditioner gets out anything I may have missed.

Charm, I noticed you did your protein right after the clay. I do that as well (with AO GPB).

Off Topic: I really like AO GPB and have mixed it with henna on several occasions but the concoction makes a nauseating smell. Especially if I leave it on overnight and rinse in the morning...talk about stinky!!! It's so now I don't even like the smell of gpb by it's self.

I know that you have the lavender scented gpb, but I have not spotted that one at my local whole foods.

msa

I actually let mine harden like a mask before I wash it out! I love using the clay. I mix it with a little ACV for my hair and mix it w/ water for my face!

See I used ACV for my face, though now I just use water. I'm scared to mix the bentonite with acv for my hair. And you let yours harden too? Girl I'm scared of you:lachen:.

Okay.....:look: I Will DC with GPB as a Follow-Up Too! Thanks Ladies.:yep:

Do it! It's great.
Off Topic: I really like AO GPB and have mixed it with henna on several occasions but the concoction makes a nauseating smell. Especially if I leave it on overnight and rinse in the morning...talk about stinky!!! It's so now I don't even like the smell of gpb by it's self.

I know that you have the lavender scented gpb, but I have not spotted that one at my local whole foods.

Yeah GPB and henna does not sound like a good mix (smell wise). Especially after letting it marinate for a while.

I have the Rosemary Peppermint but there's also a Lavender Ylang-Ylang. The Rosemary one smells mainly like peppermint to me. You may want to try them if you don't like the original anymore. Ask the person who works in that aisle if they'll order it for you, they're usually really good about that at Whole Foods.

LushLox

That's how I assumed you were supposed to use it! Glad I'm not going totally mad! :lol:

mscocoface

I have a jar of the clay I haven't used yet. I just did a henna/indigo treatment. I think I will try this in about 2 weeks to see how it does on my hair.

tkj25

sounds good. thanks for the review. i bought a jar awhile ago at wholefoods that i still haven't used. when i take my braids out (around oct.) i'm going to give this a try.