BAQ henna

tHENATuRALhAiRpRoJEcT

BAQ henna-- which brand gave you the most thickness?

for those of you who use BAQ henna only.........

FROM YOUR EXPERIENCE :
which BRAND is your favorite or the best you've ever tried?

Last edited:

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
I buy mine from Mehandi.com

Body Art Quality for Chemically Treated and African American Hair. (I am Relaxed)

Yes....it's in a Foil Pack.

tHENATuRALhAiRpRoJEcT

@[URL="http://www.longhaircareforum.com/member.php?u=118875" said:
IDareT'sHair[/URL] ;12160653]I buy mine from Mehandi.com

Body Art Quality for Chemically Treated and African American Hair. (I am Relaxed)

Yes....it's in a Foil Pack.

ok ... looking up Mehandi... thanks so much

Last edited:

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
oh yes... i forgot thanks so much dare

have you tried both? regular henna vs. that "for african hair"????

did you notice a difference?

No, because when I talked to her on the Phone *yes i called*:look: and I told her I was relaxed, that was the only one she recommended.

It has been wonderful. Very finely sifted. Perfect in every way.:lick:

EllePixie

Ayurnaturalbeauty.com is where I buy my henna. I've used Reshma and Jamila; both of them come in foil. I also like Dulhan Mehndi Powder (not straight henna). I think there is a LHCF coupon for the site for 10% off too. I found one just by Googling "Ayurnaturalbeauty coupon"

Tiye

I had to take a minute to figure out what "BAQ" is. I always get whatever's at my fave Indian market that is stamped this year's harvest. I've never paid much attention to brand - the packets are foil and I believe they're usually from Rajasthan.

AimWard

Jamila is my fav brand. I used to buy my henna from mehandi.com (I now purchase Jamila henna from ayurnaturalbeauty.com). Mehandi is a legit establishment, but they are WAY overpriced. The henna they rebrand as henna for "African Hair" is simply Jamila 2009 or 2010(the kind in the foil pouch) placed into a box that says "Henna for African hair". I've also purchased the yemen (aka: Purity) henna from mehandi. I couldn't bring my self to use the yemen because the texture is so gritty. Jamila is very smooth, like pudding and washes out fairly easy.

Stepiphanie

I've been using the Mehandi for African hair an d love the fact that it's so easy wash out. When I used just regular Jamila, it didn't wash out nearly as easy AND I was relaxed. I may try ayurnatural when I run out to see how it works.

Nasdaq_Diva

I love my Karishma Henna! It is not BAQ though (has other Ayurveda powders incld) but it's my favorite #1 henna to use. I've used Reshma Henna and that was just ok for me.

Sometime in the near future, I'd like to purchase from www.hennasooq.com :yep:

Shadiyah

Ancient Sunrise® Celebration Henna is my favorite right now... after all the store brought cheap ones I have been using over the years I can really see a difference. and it is suppose to have the highest color quality

tHENATuRALhAiRpRoJEcT

Jamila is my fav brand. I used to buy my henna from mehandi.com (I now purchase Jamila henna from ayurnaturalbeauty.com). Mehandi is a legit establishment, but they are WAY overpriced. The henna they rebrand as henna for "African Hair" is simply Jamila 2009 or 2010(the kind in the foil pouch) placed into a box that says "Henna for African hair". I've also purchased the yemen (aka: Purity) henna from mehandi. I couldn't bring my self to use the yemen because the texture is so gritty. Jamila is very smooth, like pudding and washes out fairly easy.

yes.... THANK U SO MUCH @AimWrd gurrrrl when they put one out "for african hair" i started my research, i'm pretty skeptical about that

how do you choose between one that dyes hair dark brown vs. red vs. black

lalla

I like Hesh Henna. The crop date is on the package, it is very finely sifted and cheap.

Phoenix14

How much are you ladies spending on your henna? How do you know how much to buy? I went to mehandi.com and it was so expensive

Pompous Blue

How much are you ladies spending on your henna? How do you know how much to buy? I went to mehandi.com and it was so expensive

@Phoenix14
Since I have no Indian Stores in my town, I bought Jamila henna from ayurnaturalbeauty.com during her August 20% off sale. I paid $4.20 for 100g and bought 10 boxes.

I use 50g to henna my 4" hair (natural 4Z) because I add other powders and sometime Katam to my mix. So I ordered 10 boxes to get 20 uses. I henna 3 - 4 times a month.

Khadija.D.Carryl

Every suplier varies and some even give discounts to forum members. If you like saving check out the discount thread, there is always about 10% off at places or so.

demlew

I'm relaxed and I used to use Karishma with great results. However, I tried Nupur 9 Blend on a whim last weekend and it's now my new favorite! It has hibiscus and aloe, blended into a creamy pudding-like texture, released color quickly, and rinsed out easily. My hair felt soft and moisturized once I rinsed the henna out - almost like I didn't need to DC (but I did lol). It also tinted my hair a darker, more subtle auburn color as opposed to the lighter burgundy from Karishma.

Nasdaq_Diva

Phoenix14,

I usually spend between $3-$4/bag of Karishma henna. I buy locally from an Indian grocer in my town. I also have Reshma and some Jamila I bought from a LHCF member here a while back that I have yet to lose. Got a great deal on that..

Here is another great post from HennaSooq: How much Henna/Herbs to use on your Hair

For me, the Karishma is 125g. That is enough for my APL hair. I barely have enough to cover the top now though. I remember a time when my 125g was too much and I had to re-freeze the rest.

I think if it's your first time buying henna, you should puchase just enough for 1-2 applications just so you can see how well you like it. Different henna (based on region) produce different color results. So you may have to find one that you like more than others.

1rarejewel

I use supreme, in a green colored foil pack. $2 and change for 250g. I use half a bag each use. I get mine at a somewhat local Indian grocer.

baddison

natural for good
I've been faithfully, and exclusively!, using NUPUR henna for the past 2 years. Its the greatest in the world to me. I buy it at my local indian grocer here in NJ. I usually get a 200g pouch for roughtly $2.00 :yep:

Bigmommah

I pay $1.99 for 100g of Jamila brand at a local Indian market. I bought 300g this time as I don't plan to mix it with anything other than warm water (a personal experiment) and I have very thick hair. If I have any left over I'll just freeze it until I henna again in a few months.

Have any of you thought about sifting your henna yourself? I know that you can normally find sifters at thrift stores for very cheap. Hmm I may try to find one to use the next time I henna.

Last edited:

tHENATuRALhAiRpRoJEcT

i see many henna purchases less than $3 ....ummmm where-they-do-that-at??? lol i wish, locally I don't see it that low

an excellent BAQ henna online for that price?

Poopiedo

Is Godrej Nupur Mehendi 9 Herbs considered BAQ? I have some but I don't want to use it if it's not.