Is all BAQ Henna Created Equal?

Did you get the same results from different brands of henna?

• Total voters

kiesha8185

I know many of you have jumped on the henna bandwagon, and for those of you who have used more than one brand of henna, I want to hear from you.

When I first began to henna, I used this supplier from India to get my henna. This henna gave my hair more thickness, shine, color, and conditioning.

However, a couple weeks before my relaxer, my mom and sister used out all my henna :wallbash: and I had to go buy some from an Indian store down the street. It worked out fine, but I didn't get the "heavy" feeling I usually get when I henna. It didn't smooth out my texture as well as the other henna. The color was not as strong, and my hair felt a little more rough than usual.

So my question to you is, do different brands of BAQ henna give you the same results? For all intensive purposes, when I say BAQ henna, I'm referring to the henna safe to use on relaxed hair.

Please state which brands of henna you have used (Jamila, Reshma, etc.), and the different results (if any) that you got from each brand.

HoneyDew

First of all I love your siggie pics! Beautiful hair!

I agree that all of the henna are not equal. I have had better outcomes from one over others. I love ho jamila henna rinses, but it does not give me the same henna effect as others. I am not sure if an easier rinse is worth it. I have 1 or 2 boxes of jamila henna left and I am going to use it before trying something else to see if I get what I am used to. If I do, I will know that the jamila, although easy to rinse, is not the best choice for me.

gymfreak336

Not all henna is equal.

I used Dulhan for my first henna and I loved it. I used it twice more before trying Jamila and I hated it. I don't know what happened but the Jamila screwed my hair up something awful.

HoneyDew

Not all henna is equal.

I used Dulhan for my first henna and I loved it. I used it twice more before trying Jamila and I hated it. I don't know what happened but the Jamila screwed my hair up something awful.

Okay so i am not alone with the jamila!? I even bought one of those cheap mixed henna products from the indian store and it was better. It was one that alrady has amla and other powders in it. My hair turned out better with that one.

but, I LOVE how easy Jamila henna rinses out. But is has taken me 3 treatments with it to notice that it does not give my hair that same thickness and all over conditioning.

gymfreak336

Okay so i am not alone with the jamila!? I even bought one of those cheap mixed henna products from the indian store and it was better. It was one that alrady has amla and other powders in it. My hair turned out better with that one.

but, I LOVE how easy Jamila henna rinses out. But is has taken me 3 treatments with it to notice that it does not give my hair that same thickness and all over conditioning.

I didn't like it. I left it on for a couple of hours and it felt like I didn't do anything to my hair. It rinsed well and everything but I didn't feel like it helped. On top of that, it made my hair hard as a rock. It took almost a month to fix it.

kiesha8185

First of all I love your siggie pics! Beautiful hair!

I agree that all of the henna are not equal. I have had better outcomes from one over others. I love ho jamila henna rinses, but it does not give me the same henna effect as others. I am not sure if an easier rinse is worth it. I have 1 or 2 boxes of jamila henna left and I am going to use it before trying something else to see if I get what I am used to. If I do, I will know that the jamila, although easy to rinse, is not the best choice for me.

The henna I get from India is the BEST! I just couldn't wait the two weeks for it to come. I'm gonna re-up real soon.

I'm glad to know I'm not the only one who thought this. This may be food for thought for those who have bad experiences with henna....

Last edited:

Lissa0821

I have been using Jamila henna and it makes my grey hairs look orange so I am going to use up what I have and try a different brand to see how it works for me. I have a cluster of grey in the very front and I just hate to see that orange hair.:wallbash:

Mortons

I like Karishma herbal henna the best. I really notice the difference when I used it. I have used Karishma, Jamilla, and, Uttam. I did not like Uttam or Jamilla as much as I liked Karishma

HoneyDew

I like Karishma herbal henna the best. I really notice the difference when I used it. I have used Karishma, Jamilla, and, Uttam. I did not like Uttam or Jamilla as much as I liked Karishma

Karishma herbal henna ! That is the one I was talking about. It is mixed with other powders. This one was SO GOOD! People always say you should not use these kind, but my hair LOVED it much more than Jamila. I want to buy more of this one.

HoneyDew

Great. I just bought 2 packs of Jamilah henna about a few hours ago:ohwell:.

You might like it, though. So many people do. I think for me I loved it at first. Its ease of use and rinsing made me fall in love. It took a few uses before I realized I was not getting the same Henna thickness that I get from others.

Tiye

Henna is a plant so every harvest is going to be different. With that said I've used middle eastern henna (source unknown) and Indian henna and my results have always been fairly consistent. For some you have to leave it on longer but if you do you get the same result. The only thing I don't like is where it's not well sifted coz if it's not super fine, it's hard to get the little bits out of my hair.

IslandDiva08

I don't believe that we can compare BAQ henna with henna that has a mixture of other Indian powder. BAQ henna is just Lawsonia inermis (henna) leaves that were grounded into a powder. Karishma herbal henna (and others similar to this brand) is a mixture of henna, Amla, Aritha, Shikhakai, Bhringraj and other selected herbs. So in all fairness this isn’t a good comparison.
Since I started my henna journey I have only used BAQ henna, I have tried Jamila, Moroccan, and Yemeni BAQ henna and out of the 3 I prefer the Jamila and Moroccan henna.

mj11051

I started out using jamilla, however I like Yemeni henna the best. I get the best color and results from it.

tHENATuRALhAiRpRoJEcT

i got a ton of jamila henna FINALLY... AFTER ordering well over a week ago

won't be ordering from ayurnatural beauty EVA EVA EVA EVER! again lol

eva